• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
League character designs continue to prove how bad they are

The artists can tell depth perception.
Katarina_OriginalSkin.jpg

I have a decision to make. I'm going to replay both Golden and Memories of Celceta. Which one should I replay first? Speaking of Celceta, I really liked the collector's edition. The map is pretty cool, I love the compass and trinkets like that in collector's editions in general, and the artbook/strategy guide was pretty cool, although I wish it was hard cover.

Man, I really want to replay the old Silent Hill games. It's too bad my asshole former friend stole them before I moved up to where I live now.

Xiraiya

Jesus christ Pat wasn't kidding, the fog screenshot from that thread is insane, how does a "HD edition" get released while being THAT broken?

Xiraiya

Look, my experience with Silent Hill is 99% from the LPs they've done, and even I'm struggling to understand how people can defend the HD version's lack of fog over the original PS2 version, it's broken, it's not a choice in style or a subjective matter, it's goddamn broken and you can see that as clear as day at a glance, the fact it's broken makes all the shit you're not suppose to see that well look like complete shit and unfinished.

I don't know how anyone can reasonably be like "It's fine, SH2 had too much fog, this is better"

Jesus...

He must be one desperate and thirsty fella

Giving you all the energies
Fuck him, he didn't want to find his own copies, so he stole them from me. When I went to go get them back, I found out he moved to California. I want them back, but not enough to go to the other side of the country. I can't afford that shit. Fuck that asshole.

Ilvocare

God the ending to Unwound Future makes me cry like a little bitch.

I just realized that none of the Professor Layton games will ever be talked about by the Best Friends because of Matt and Pat's public hatred for puzzle games and puzzles in general.

And yes Unwound Future is so good

Look, my experience with Silent Hill is 99% from the LPs they've done, and even I'm struggling to understand how people can defend the HD version's lack of fog over the original PS2 version, it's broken, it's a choice in style or a subjective matter, it's goddamn broken and you can see that as clear as day at a glance, the fact it's broken makes all the shit you're not suppose to see that well look like complete shit and unfinished.

I don't know how anyone can reasonably be like "It's fine, SH2 had too much fog, this is better"

Jesus...

Its usually people's lack of attachment to the franchise or ones that have never played it in the first place. So they look at screenshots of both and go "oh I can see more in this version so it has to be better," not knowing that the fog was there not to serve as a form of a claustrophobic atmosphere, but to also offer a really clever way to hide all the technical issues they don't want you to see

Look, my experience with Silent Hill is 99% from the LPs they've done, and even I'm struggling to understand how people can defend the HD version's lack of fog over the original PS2 version, it's broken, it's not a choice in style or a subjective matter, it's goddamn broken and you can see that as clear as day at a glance, the fact it's broken makes all the shit you're not suppose to see that well look like complete shit and unfinished.

Jesus...

Because some of the SH fans are so far up their own ass that they don't want to call a broken SH2 bad because it's still SH2.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
See, this is why I don't get passionate about anything. Like if someone calls Earthbound shit, I'm just like "Yeah, you're wrong, but whatever" and move on. Passion is for people who still give a shit. And it's good that Pat does because otherwise he wouldn't be nearly as entertaining in the LPs.

EDIT: Pat's right though, dude is full of shit.

Because some of the SH fans are so far up their own ass that they don't want to call a broken SH2 bad because it's still SH2.

The real Silent Hill fans are the ones that are actually willing to send you a copy of their own SH2 on PS2 just so new people don't play the HD collection.

Like that's some real dedication to the franchise.

Xiraiya

Its usually people's lack of attachment to the franchise or ones that have never played it in the first place. So they look at screenshots of both and go "oh I can see more in this version so it has to be better," not knowing that the fog was there not to serve as a form of a claustrophobic atmosphere, but to also offer a really clever way to hide all the technical issues they don't want you to see

I haven't even touched a Silent Hill game, that's the whole thing about it, that makes no sense for anyone to think that way when it's so blatantly obvious why that fog exists and how it improves the way the game looks overall.
That's just a severe lack in understanding how video games in general even work at the most basic of levels.

Numb

Fuck him, he didn't want to find his own copies, so he stole them from me. When I went to go get them back, I found out he moved to California. I want them back, but not enough to go to the other side of the country. I can't afford that shit. Fuck that asshole.

I would go to him just to prove a point
I aint fuckin around

Say your goodbyes to Pat while you still can people
I hope he is not banned

I haven't even touched a Silent Hill game, that's the whole thing about it, that makes no sense for anyone to think that way when it's so blatantly obvious why that fog exists and how it improves the way the game looks overall.

You should touch those games.

Touch them really good.

The real Silent Hill fans are the ones that are actually willing to send you a copy of their own SH2 on PS2 just so new people don't play the HD collection.

Like that's some real dedication to the franchise.

SH2 was the only one of the franchise I ever played and it was through a friend at the time,I stayed over and we cleared it through the night.

I just seen those screenshots..god damn that looks awful.

Warning Realgaf:

I can feel my depression slowly creeping back. I've lost my motivation to do things. I hate this.
Also were always here for you dude if you need to talk about shit but seriously go to a professional.
I just realized that none of the Professor Layton games will ever be talked about by the Best Friends because of Matt and Pat's public hatred for puzzle games and puzzles in general.

And yes Unwound Future is so good

and it is a god damn travesty a lot of people will live their live thinking theyre JUST puzzle games and never know that they have some fucking amazing stories and characters.

Top Bottom