• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Ants

Warning Realgaf:

I can feel my depression slowly creeping back. I've lost my motivation to do things. I hate this.

Obviously I'm not you, and don't know anything about your specific situation, but when I have to deal with that sort of thing, I end up putting myself in situations in which I am forced to fight the depression, setting these situations up when I am feeling more lucid. Planning dates in that time, making appointments, etc. That's the best advice I can offer you. This state is only transient.

I would go to him just to prove a point
I aint fuckin around

Say your goodbyes to Pat while you still can people
I hope he is not banned
I'm not gonna lie, I might. When spring break comes around, my girlfriend is going to California on vacation, and she asked me to come with her. I know his address, so it wouldn't be hard to find him. It's been almost 3 years, so he probably thinks he got away with it. Thinking about the look on his face when he opens the door and sees that i've come from New Jersey to California after 3 years to get my shit back has made me definitely want to do this.

I'm not gonna lie, I might. When spring break comes around, my girlfriend is going to California on vacation, and she asked me to come with her. I know his address, so it wouldn't be hard to find him. It's been almost 3 years, so he probably thinks he got away with it. Thinking about the look on his face when he opens the door and sees that i've come from New Jersey to California after 3 years to get my shit back has made me definitely want to do this.

EcEHIz7.gif

Ilvocare

Warning Realgaf:

I can feel my depression slowly creeping back. I've lost my motivation to do things. I hate this.

Agh, I'm helpless in RealGAF. Dammit I wish I actually knew how to give advice or encouragement...

and it is a god damn travesty a lot of people will live their live thinking theyre JUST puzzle games and never know that they have some fucking amazing stories and characters.

I think the sheer fact that you can even say that considering the entire world operates on the most ass-backward of principles (puzzles are literal keys to progression) is proof that the writing is nevertheless STRONG.

Fuck me I gotta get my hands on Miracle Mask, Azran Legacy, and PW v. PL.

Numb

I was just about to tell you to plan a vacation around this since caliornia is far.
Maybe i am just relentless

Not as relentless as Pat though making people apologize and give up. damn so hilarious

Agh, I'm helpless in RealGAF. Dammit I wish I actually knew how to give advice or encouragement...

I think the sheer fact that you can even say that considering the entire world operates on the most ass-backward of principles (puzzles are literal keys to progression) is proof that the writing is nevertheless STRONG.

Fuck me I gotta get my hands on Miracle Mask, Azran Legacy, and PW v. PL.

Same I also gotta get Last Specter since I played the original trilogy all in one go.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Me and Semi just listened to an hour and a half or so of OSTs and Remixes. Shit was cash, but now I have to study for finals. And memorize a shitty french skit.

I was just about to tell you to plan a vacation around this since caliornia is far.
Maybe i am just relentless

Not as relentless as Pat though making people apologize and give up. damn so hilarious
The timing is great, I am really looking forward to getting my shit back. He'll be shocked, to say the least. And yeah, that shit was hilarious. That guy was so full of shit.

Ilvocare

Same I also gotta get Last Specter since I played the original trilogy all in one go.

I'm honestly impressed you were able to do that. All the games are far from short games.

Honestly, when I was playing Last Specter I originally thought it was the worst PL game. Now my current list is 1<2=4<<<3.

Numb

The timing is great, I am really looking forward to getting my shit back. He'll be shocked, to say the least. And yeah, that shit was hilarious. That guy was so full of shit.

Remember you are there to get your shit back not to chit chat. Get to the point quick and clearly.
Cant wait to hear about the reaction

Remember you are there to get your shit back not to chit chat. Get to the point quick and clearly.
Cant wait to hear about the reaction
Don't worry, the first thing out of my mouth when he opens the door will be "Where the fuck is my shit?" I think that's straight to the point enough. I can't wait to see his reaction.

Numb

Don't worry, the first thing out of my mouth when he opens the door will be "Where the fuck is my shit?" I think that's straight to the point enough.

Dammit now i wish i was there
Chances are he might not have it. You need him to buy it or atleast compensate you.

I'm honestly impressed you were able to do that. All the games are far from short games.

Honestly, when I was playing Last Specter I originally thought it was the worst PL game. Now my current list is 1<2=4<<<3.

yeah thats about my list too without 4 since I havent played it, Curious Village was fucking rough, and yeah they werent short but once I finished one I played the next one and I fucking 100% Unwound Future.

SO PAT AND WOOLIE WERE TALKING ABOUT JETS AND IT REMINDED ME OF A PS2 GAME I HADNT SEEN IN YEARS. THIS GAME IS A JET COMBAT ARCADE SHOOT-EM-UP IN 3D THAT MAKES ROGUE SQUADRON LOOK LIKE NERD BULLSHIT. IN THE COD AW FUTURE WHERE PMCS RUN THE CARIBBEAN, TWO JET PILOTS TAKE ON THE ENTIRE EARTH'S SUPPLY OF FIGHTERS, AN IMPERIAL BRITAINLOAD OF NAVY SHIPS, AND THE STANDING ARMY OF TANKSYLVANIA, THE TANKIEST PLACE ON EARTH. YOU ARE DOWNTOWN. HE IS EYEBALL. YOU FIGHT MACROCRIME BY SHOOTING IT FROM MACH 6. THE REASON, DEAR READER, THAT I HAVE BEEN SPEAKING IN CAPS IS THAT THIS IS THE GAME I'M TALKING ABOUT. HEATSEEKER!
Heatseeker_PS2_US.jpg

Look, my experience with Silent Hill is 99% from the LPs they've done, and even I'm struggling to understand how people can defend the HD version's lack of fog over the original PS2 version, it's broken, it's not a choice in style or a subjective matter, it's goddamn broken and you can see that as clear as day at a glance, the fact it's broken makes all the shit you're not suppose to see that well look like complete shit and unfinished.

I don't know how anyone can reasonably be like "It's fine, SH2 had too much fog, this is better"

Jesus...
It's more that they're like "It doesn't ruin it, and I want to play the game without needing a PS2/rare expensive PC discs."

I think it's comes close to ruining it, but I'm biased.

Numb

SO PAT AND WOOLIE WERE TALKING ABOUT JETS AND IT REMINDED ME OF A PS2 GAME I HADNT SEEN IN YEARS. THIS GAME IS A JET COMBAT ARCADE SHOOT-EM-UP IN 3D THAT MAKES ROGUE SQUADRON LOOK LIKE NERD BULLSHIT. IN THE COD AW FUTURE WHERE PMCS RUN THE CARIBBEAN, TWO JET PILOTS TAKE ON THE ENTIRE EARTH'S SUPPLY OF FIGHTERS, AN IMPERIAL BRITAINLOAD OF NAVY SHIPS, AND THE STANDING ARMY OF TANKSYLVANIA, THE TANKIEST PLACE ON EARTH. YOU ARE DOWNTOWN. HE IS EYEBALL. YOU FIGHT MACROCRIME BY SHOOTING IT FROM MACH 6. THE REASON, DEAR READER, THAT I HAVE BEEN SPEAKING IN CAPS IS THAT THIS IS THE GAME I'M TALKING ABOUT. HEATSEEKER!
Heatseeker_PS2_US.jpg
HOLE SHIT ME AND MY BRO PLAYED THIS GAME TO DEATH GOT THE BLACKBURD AND NUKES AND EVERYTHANG. I TRIED TO FIND IT BUT IT WAS NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. SO GOOD SO GOOD

Damn that sounds hype. I'll put it on my list of shmups that I need to play.

Xiraiya

It's more that they're like "It doesn't ruin it, and I want to play the game without needing a PS2/rare expensive PC discs."
Well then at that point they have to accept that they're stuck with garbage, unless they find an alternative means, that's all.
If the HDC is all you can get your hands on, fine so be it, but realize that it is what it is.

Ilvocare

yeah thats about my list too without 4 since I havent played it, Curious Village was fucking rough, and yeah they werent short but once I finished one I played the next one and I fucking 100% Unwound Future.

The closest I got to 100%'ing a PL game was actually Curious Village (I'm including the postgame puzzle houses in this tally, doing all the puzzles in the main game was a goal I strived for and achieved in every single PL game I've done). It's funny because Curious Village is relatively sterile in comparison to the other games in the series but when it first came out it was mindblowing. Under no circumstances would I say to avoid playing Village because of the foundations it laid, but it's a tough sell nowadays.

demidar

Well then at that point they have to accept that they're stuck with garbage, unless they find an alternative means, that's all.
If the HDC is all you can get your hands on, fine so be it, but realize that it is what it is.

What really grinds me gears is the argument "It wasn't a problem for me, therefore there is no problem".

If he has a violent history prepare to fight. Prepare for a fight anyway since he might try to smooth talk out of paying up and treat you like a chump.
He's a guy who'll talk a lot of shit, but when actually confronted will back the fuck down hard. He might try to talk his way out of it, but I know him well enough where his shit won't work on me.

Numb

He's a guy who'll talk a lot of shit, but when actually confronted will back the fuck down hard. He might try to talk his way out of it, but I know him well enough where his shit won't work on me.

Wear a durag with low hanging jeans and a bat.
You might have changed over the years. for the worse

.....he killed one of my party members and then I killed him. I missed out on boss XP. What a mother fucker I kind of feel like reloading just to not miss out on it but who cares at this point.

Sorry I keep interrupting with this I should probably just just go into steam chat or something.

So did Pat get banned?

Finding this program from my childhood has made me happy and less stressed
Is that like paint but with pattern brushes?

What shit does he have that makes taking a plane to go fight a guy over drama remotely worthwhile?
I'm not going there just for him, I was invited by my girlfriend to go with her to California during spring break, and it turns out he lives in California, so it just worked out. When I moved, he took a whole box of shit, and I didn't notice until he had also moved. I thought about it after reading the Silent Hill thing, as those games were in the box, along with a bunch of other shit. Since i'm gonna be there, i'm going to try to get some compensation, if he doesn't have my shit, which I doubt he'll have all of it.

.....he killed one of my party members and then I killed him. I missed out on boss XP. What a mother fucker I kind of feel like reloading just to not miss out on it but who cares at this point.

Sorry I keep interrupting with this I should probably just just go into steam chat or something.

So did Pat get banned?

Is that like paint but with pattern brushes?

Looks like he is still fine, the thread seems to have died. I don't think anything will become of this.
Well died isn't quite right, its gone some time without posts.

You talking about Eternal Punishment right? On NG+ My characters were completely varying in levels since I didn't really care. The game mostly relies on your Personas and fusion spells, so levels really don't matter except for your max. I'd say don't reset.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Just want to run this new thread idea by you guys so I don't look like an ass.

The Benefits of Being In Touch With Your Fans Financially

Many game development studios pay close attention to their fans, a lot of their employees have accounts here. NoA is very aware of their fanbase (they got Reggie to say No Johns) and have a monthly show where they announce things.

The average consumer isn't on GAF, so what are the financial benefits of being in touch with your fans? Do they make that much of a difference?

Sound good?

Looks like it, the thread seems to have died. I don't think anything will become of this.
Well died isn't quite right, its gone some time without posts.
RIP in peace Pat. For now
You talking about Eternal Punishment right? On NG+ My characters were completely varying in levels since I didn't really care. The game mostly relies on your Personas and fusion spells, so levels really don't matter except for your max. I'd say don't reset.
Yeah, I'm not going to. Fuck
Joker Ginji
oh my god what a cheating fucking boss.

Top Bottom