• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Ilvocare

It's more the platforming that sucks from what I've heard.
Never played it mysel,f bu plan to real soon.

Oh then that'll be no problem. Like DMC 1, 2, and 3 have not-great platforming and I still enjoy those
first and third
games.

EDIT: Now that I think about it DMC2 actually had worse platforming than the others.

Ants

You are fucking crazy if you think for a moment MGS4 is better than MGS3.

That being said, being able to throw out your back as Old Snake, and having to set it by laying down for a while is probably the best "you are super old" video game mechanic ever.

Ilvocare

Because its a proven fact that the 4th entry in any series is always the best.

Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear, and especially Ace Attorney.

EXCEPT FOR PERSONA.

001.jpg

EXCEPT FOR PERSONA.

But, the 4th of all the ones you listed isn't the best one... Except Persona! What's wrong with you! RE1 is best RE. DMC3 is best DMC. MGS3 is best MGS. I've never played an Ace Attorney, but whatever, you're probably wrong anyway!

But, the 4th of all the ones you listed isn't the best one... Except Persona! What's wrong with you! RE1 is best RE. DMC3 is best DMC. MGS3 is best MGS. I've never played an Ace Attorney, but whatever, you're probably wrong anyway!

SMT4 is the best and Assassin's Creed 4 is the best and and Elder Scrolls 4 is the best and Fallout 4 is the best and God of War 4 is the best and Half Life 4 is the best

beinfilms

4 has a lot more depth to it than 5: there's a lot more micromanaging options (but decent automation, if you don't want to worry about it), the diplomacy is a lot more involved, and the combat isn't as convoluted.

It's also the game I grew up playing, and enjoy more.

360pages

I like DMC4...but it's nowhere near DMC3.

Also, I think a lot of Sonic games lack focus, looking at Colors and Generations, the reason why they were good was because they didn't try to do bunch of stuff. Lost World had a good set up, but lacked focus.

It was mishmash of ideas with no cohesion.

Zenfalcia

EXCEPT FOR PERSONA.
Surreeee...
4 has a lot more depth to it than 5: there's a lot more micromanaging options (but decent automation, if you don't want to worry about it), the diplomacy is a lot more involved, and the combat isn't as convoluted.

It's also the game I grew up playing, and enjoy more.
Ehhh... but 5 is newer...

And Beyond Earth is more recent than that. But you don't see anyone clamoring to play it. 5 is a good way to get into the series, but 4 is a better game, overall.
Then I change my vote to V Vanilla. I'm sure there are a lot of new people to the series.
Atleast on my friends list.

360pages

Can we all agree that 4 has the best combat system for Dante though? Those combo videos, god damn, Dante is a fucking ninja ghost.

That I can agree with, I wish Dante had more Devil arms though.(I don't mind the lack of guns, since Pandora is awesome anyway) If it was actually finished it could have been the best game in the series.

As it stands though DMC3 Special addition has more content and more cohesion internally to make it more enjoyable.

In hindsight I should not have watched 50 fucking episodes of anime two weeks before finals.

Also I like Alex a lot however she is not waifu material. She is a mother figure

You could have spaced that shit out, you started the series like what, three days ago? That's faster than I went through it.

Mother figure's not being waifu material? Oh ho ho, you just don't understand, son.

And Beyond Earth is more recent than that. But you don't see anyone clamoring to play it. 5 is a good way to get into the series, but 4 is a better game, overall.

Never actually played much of IV. It was gifted to me from a friend that didn't want it. Played a little bit of it and kinda forgot about it...

I can't believe how much is opened when you just give the option to change styles, depsite that he actually has less moves for each of them.
Look up the DMC3 style switch mod. That's the actually insane Dante.
I agree with you by the way, IV is a better game by far.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
That I can agree with, I wish Dante had more Devil arms though.(I don't mind the lack of guns, since Pandora is awesome anyway) If it was actually finished it could have been the best game in the series.

As it stands though DMC3 Special addition has more content and more cohesion internally to make it more enjoyable.

Yeah, any part of 4 that isn't Bloody Palace is not as good as 3. Probably my favorite string of bosses too.

Jman014

Yeah, switched from blue to red tunic since killing things faster seemed a lot more appealing.

Halfway though the game right now...
I played Links Awakening DX on the Gameboy Color so I got to explore the color dungeon.

It's the only Zelda game I've ever played. I liked it!
it wants you to play dota

cause its better
Dota 2 hugs for everyone
Ok, so there are enough people on here with Civ that I think that at some point, we should do a BestGAF Civ game! (My vote is for 4, Beyond the Sword, but I'm open to debates on that point.)
I only have Civ 5 and Beyond Earth. I want more content for Beyond Earth but I heard they announced Starships, which ties into Beyond Earth. So I'll probably check that out.

Played more Silent Hill 2. Boy this game is spoopy. I made it all the way to where you first meet Eddie. I got 55 bullets and 5 health drinks. I don't know if that's good or not. So, what's new? Besides skLa's terrible opinions.
Huh, just accidentally bought 1,000 Magic the Gathering cards.

I don't even really like Magic.

Shit.

Get the money back playing in tournaments.

aaron r u drunk again

No. But a few days ago my friend was looking at magic cards on amazon and I accidentally selected to buy them with one click buying. I thought I removed them but apparently not and now I have to wait for them to arrive to send them back and get my $18 back. Though, I might just sell them to my friend.

I also bought this Madoka figure for $19.
tLQKdyD.jpg

Zenfalcia

No. But a few days ago my friend was looking at magic cards on amazon and I accidentally selected to buy them with one click buying. I thought I removed them but apparently not and now I have to wait for them to arrive to send them back and get my $18 back. Though, I might just sell them to my friend.

tLQKdyD.jpg
Nice.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
Look up the DMC3 style switch mod. That's the actually insane Dante.

I agree with you by the way, IV is a better game by far.

I think four has the superior combat system, but the bosses and levels of three are too good, I think every boss that isn't the doppleganger and arkham are the bees knees.

Wait 1000 for 18?

Well now there's no way to argue against this.

1/4 of those are right

Not as long as Strange Journey and SMT 3 exists...

iKfn88o1hc0hp.gif

Played more Silent Hill 2. Boy this game is spoopy. I made it all the way to where you first meet Eddie. I got 55 bullets and 5 health drinks. I don't know if that's good or not. So, what's new? Besides skLa's terrible opinions.

Those aren't new.

Also, Silent Hill 2 is really fucking good. That atmosphere/lighting is fantastic and it probably has the best sound design I may have ever heard in a game. Even when you see the same enemy for like the 9th time, the sound/music really knows how to change it up to help keep it fresh.

Top Bottom