• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

I didn't say anything about TellTale so I don't why you're bringing them up. All I'm saying is that giving you the option to undo your mistakes is dumb because it removes any tension that the game has. At least for me.
Probably a bad comparison of the "genre" of 'games with choices'-esque adventure games.

The committal to a choice is after the scene ends and you decide you'll stick with it, you just get to see everything play out and decide from there. There's uncertain pros and cons to every major choice.

Xiraiya

In about 20 or so minutes I'm going to set up a Boardgame game, just letting you guys know for those that tend to miss out or jump in too late.

Hmm...I can see it, but I think it's more fair since your choices are apparently going to have longer impacts than other games in the genre where they were window dressing.

Allowing the player to see the immediate reaction before the long term makes it feel less cheap and less likely to double fuck you over.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
It's slightly less horrendous than everything else.

I disagree. Her "design" is probably my least favorite in the series. Its the most pandering shit ever. She might as well be naked.

Anung

Un Rama
Had such a radical day today. Went to a Simpsons quiz at the university and me and my friends won (as if there was ever a doubt) and we won a crate of beer, some board games and other stuff like sweets.

Got 28 out of 30 questions right (two new Simpsons questions fucked us over a bit) and we had a round where you had to draw the quiz guys as Simpsons characters.

I can't draw but that didn't stop me from kicking ass.

10995609_10153147708552392_889133126702482250_n.jpg

...I still like Guilty Gear ad Blazblue character designs over Street Fighters. Except maybe Juri's

When your design focus is to throw whatever together, and hope the end result is good, it's never going to be good.

ArcSys needs to focus on creative good, vibrant designs, rather than just creating loud ones.

360pages

When your design focus is to throw whatever together, and hope the end result is good, it's never going to be good.

ArcSys needs to focus on creative good, vibrant designs, rather than just creating loud ones.

I don't know, I always found the original 8 Street fighters really bland. Deigns got more interesting as the games went on though. Like Karin and Juri, so I tend to like the look of later characters compared to the earlier ones.

Hell, I like most of the cast from 3.

Didn't she get updated or something? I remember a pretty modest design for her.

If they did then I haven't seen it.
Probably a bad comparison of the "genre" of 'games with choices'-esque adventure games.

The committal to a choice is after the scene ends and you decide you'll stick with it, you just get to see everything play out and decide from there. There's uncertain pros and cons to every major choice.

There will always be uncertainty when it comes to choice, but it's more effective when you don't know what the consequences of the other choice will be. Not just long term, but short term as well.

Zenfalcia

Had such a radical day today. Went to a Simpsons quiz at the university and me and my friends won (as if there was ever a doubt) and we won a crate of beer, some board games and other stuff like sweets.

Got 28 out of 30 questions right (two new Simpsons questions fucked us over a bit) and we had a round where you had to draw the quiz guys as Simpsons characters.

I can't draw but that didn't stop me from kicking ass.

10995609_10153147708552392_889133126702482250_n.jpg
Conglaturations.

There will always be uncertainty when it comes to choice, but it's more effective when you don't know what the consequences of the other choice will be. Not just long term, but short term as well.
I rarely if ever find choice in game effective, especially in this modern "adventure game" genre. I see myself being railroaded onto the tracks constantly. I can see where it could be immersion-breaking, but giving her time powers means I want to be able to redo things, so I think it's rad that I can.

DS2 question:
Which of these is the best?
Lost Sinners Sword
Smelter Sword
Greatsword
Great Club

I'm a cleric.

None of those are particularly great, but you'll more mileage out of the Greatsword or Great Club.

If you really want a strength weapon, the Red Iron Winblade exists. Or the Fume Ultrasword. Or Mastodon Halberd.

Alight, I just got back from one of my local public libraries. I picked up Ultra, Uncharted 2, and Operation Raccoon City. I'm not gonna lie, I really liked Raccoon City for some odd reason. I also picked up the Marvel Civil War series. Which side were you on? I'm in the pro-registration camp.

Alight, I just got back from one of my local public libraries. I picked up Ultra, Uncharted 2, and Operation Raccoon City. I'm not gonna lie, I really liked Raccoon City for some odd reason. I also picked up the Marvel Civil War series. Which side were you on? I'm in the pro-registration camp.
I'm con-registration? I have a family to protect and I can't let them be man handled by the government for extra protection. I'd like to have a secret identity.

croten

They have games in library's?

Ants

Lets have a contest to see who can come up with a good Logo Design.

I have to admit, their current logos are not particularly great for their purpose. No offense to whatever artists provided them, of course. As fan art, they're all well and good, but as logos I don't think they particularly fill their purpose.

It is, of course, a little tough in some cases since the most prominent imagery for Woolie and Matt are from other media. How the hell are you gonna represent Matt without the Punisher logo? Your only real option is the American flag, and that joke's pretty played out by now. I don't think they even use it. At least Pat can be represented by a giant pillar of salt.

Pat's fucking nuts, dinosaurs with feathers look fucking awesome.

Also it's still not entirely clear if all dinosaurs had feathers or if only some did.
What? Dinosaurs with feathers is the raddest shit ever! Come on, Pat.

And it's becoming more likely, with every find, that all dinosaurs had feathers. They weren't reptiles, and the weren't cold-blooded.

Fucking Jurassic World...

Top Bottom