• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

image.php

<3
dabes

This is a weird comparison, but it would be as if they took Travis Touchdown and drained him of all his douchbaggyness an made him a slight hipster. Outside of references she doesn't really do much.

Is Travis Touchdown really a douchbag? I see him more as a psychotic weeb that's also somehow super badass.
So... is she a psychotic weeb that's just lame, or a badass weeb that's completely down to earth? Or, is she just a psychotic badass? Cause that sounds awesome to me.

Is Travis Touchdown really a douchbag? I see him more as a psychotic weeb that's also somehow super badass.
So... is she a psychotic weeb that's just lame, or a badass weeb that's completely down to earth? Or, is she just a psychotic badass? Cause that sounds awesome to me.

She's none of those things. She's a geek with the power to rewind time.

Okingjrr

Primal Rage is as anti hype as a fighter can get. It's like someone said, "Let's the the Mortal Kombat mechanics, make them like a bazillion times worse, add 6 terrible designs, four of them being pallet swaps, and see what happens."

Which makes it perfect for an hour of SMS.
30min please.

IronLich

I want my Street Fighter X Tekken SMS already.

And THAT IS going to be Scramble Mode, or it is a worthless episode otherwise.

Okingjrr

Or maybe it'll be just another random anime fighter.

Where's my Sonic Fighters SMS?

I'm thinking they recorded 3 games at a time that have the same theme.
3 anime fighters all recorded at the same time and then 3 American made games during the following session.
One of them did say that there's one game left after BioFreaks.

I want my Street Fighter X Tekken SMS already.

And THAT IS going to be Scramble Mode, or it is a worthless episode otherwise.

I'm waiting to see how hard TekkenxStreetFighter flops especially since SF5 and Tekken 7 are set to be released this year.
I'm thinking they recorded 3 games at a time that have the same theme.
3 anime fighters all recorded at the same time and then 3 American made games during the following session.
One of them did say that there's one game left after BioFreaks.
I don't know if my soul can take anymore garbage from Midway ;-;

It's not D4 level interesting, but I do like it. Letting me
use it to redo choices and see how they all end up is fucking awesome.

I don't like it. Makes the choices you make even more pointless than they already are.
I have a feeling Blazblue will be at FNF tonight.
All you Ultimax believers need to face reality

1. Mike said it was scrublords episode
Inb4 BB is a scrublord game
2. There's only one person who believes it going to be Ultimax.

360pages

I don't like it. Makes the choices you make even more pointless than they already are.

1. Mike said it was scrublords episode
Inb4 BB is a scrublord game
2. There's only one person who believes it going to be Ultimax.

Hmm, I don't think it makes them pointless since chances are it's going to change things later on. The problem is that a lot of things are kind of dull that it changes. I can easily see it becoming a Beyond 2 Souls where the lead has awesome powers, but they are barely used.

Also...why was Jodie so fucking poor/homeless? I mean, she has magical stand powers that can beat the military, she could rob bank without anyone even knowing its her and without killing anyone.

Yeah it gives me the same feeling as save states do, yeah it's fun sometimes but it takes away all the pressure from any decision you make.

You guys should try playing Fire Emblem with save states, it's not even the same game anymore.

Yeah, and I think that's dumb. Why make a game where you have choices if you can just redo them?
There's no stakes in any type of Telltale-esque game though. It's about weighing your options, but the difference is you know the outcomes and weigh those.

I've never felt pressure with decisions in these types of games.

croten

Hmm, I don't think it makes them pointless since chances are it's going to change things later on. The problem is that a lot of things are kind of dull that it changes. I can easily see it becoming a Beyond 2 Souls where the lead has awesome powers, but they are barely used.

Also...why was Jodie so fucking poor/homeless? I mean, she has magical stand powers that can beat the military, she could rob bank without anyone even knowing its her and without killing anyone.

I would assume to not draw attention to herself.

Makoto's design in Blazblue is horrendous.
Yeah it gives me the same feeling as save states do, yeah it's fun sometimes but it takes away all the pressure from any decision you make.

That's exactly what it is.
There's no stakes in any type of Telltale-esque game though. It's about weighing your options, but the difference is you know the outcomes and weigh those.

I've never felt pressure with decisions in these types of games.

I didn't say anything about TellTale so I don't why you're bringing them up. All I'm saying is that giving you the option to undo your mistakes is dumb because it removes any tension that the game has. At least for me.

360pages

That's exactly what it is.

I didn't say anything about TellTale so I don't why you're bringing them up. All I'm saying is that giving you the option to undo your mistakes is dumb because it removes any tension that the game has. At least for me.

Hmm...I can see it, but I think it's more fair since your choices are apparently going to have longer impacts than other games in the genre where they were window dressing.

Allowing the player to see the immediate reaction before the long term makes it feel less cheap and less likely to double fuck you over.

Top Bottom