• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

I can't remember everything in the season so far, but I enjoyed it even though it's probably a shitty look at the actual game. They also did the thing of shitting on it for comedic effect which probably annoyed some people. From the impressions I've heard it seems to be pretty alright.

That's kinda their thing though. These aren't in-depth quick looks, they're jokes.

My watch doesn't reset itself for daylight, but that's because it's analog and the one I use for scuba diving.

That's kinda their thing though. These aren't in-depth quick looks, they're jokes.
People unfamiliar with the format, or who click on it because of the game being played can be upset.

Their old Machinima episodes are more obscure, or old, or weird games. Playing new releases on there attracts a negative crowd.
Daylight savings has never caused an issue with me at all. My sleep schedule is too fucked up at this point anyway.
I loathe losing an hour and love getting one for free. I'd rather we didn't have it, but whatever.

Rizzi

I can't remember everything in the season so far, but I enjoyed it even though it's probably a shitty look at the actual game. They also did the thing of shitting on it for comedic effect which probably annoyed some people. From the impressions I've heard it seems to be pretty alright.

Yeah that kind of annoyed me.

Skrams

I know. That's why I don't take them seriously since it's just them playing for an hour or two and cutting it up. They also tend to have to be "on" during the machinima episodes, so I don't exactly expect them to immediately get into the game. If on the immediate surface it's not appealing then it's no surprise they started to shit on it for comedic effect. Some people can't distinguish that though and all they see is them hating on Dragonball or this supposedly good game. It was the same for the Naruto episode, but way worse because it's Naruto and children.

Also the video was uploaded to the regular machinima channel and respawn, so it's not surprising there's even more people annoyed with it since this might be their first introduction with them. Also I guess some people keep yelling about machinima dying and inside gaming or something.

Also the video was uploaded to the regular machinima channel and respawn, so it's not surprising there's even more people annoyed with it since this might be their first introduction with them. Also I guess some people keep yelling about machinima dying and inside gaming or something.

Machinima has supposedly been dying for years now.

Whatever, trying to make sense of youtube comments is time better spent bashing your head against a steel wall. After the fucking Biofreaks incident I've stopped reading those comments, and it's kinda sad to see Matt getting burned out by all the negativity. He posted on the Subreddit a bit ago and was asking if people were still enjoying their work.

Shit's nuts. I really hope it isn't taking that much of a toll on them.

What happened with Biofreaks anyway? I personally thought it was too long, but it's Scrublords.

At the end there's some clip of someone yelling "turn that shit off" or something like that. It's a voice clip in the game credits. Apparently people thought it was Matt's fiancee and have been harassing her ever since.

I finally have enough money that I could buy a n3ds but I'm gonna put it away in my bank account because Being an adult sucks.

Maybe you should take time from not being the first guy to post the links. c:

Reddit going after you too man. That's weird!

360pages

At the end there's some clip of someone yelling "turn that shit off" or something like that. It's a voice clip in the game credits. Apparently people thought it was Matt's fiancee and have been harassing her ever since.

Maybe you should take time from not being the first guy to post the links. c:

Reddit going after you too man. That's weird!

Ugh, that's probably the worst for all of them. Then again internet culture has always been horrid.

Wait, is it still happening?

I'd assume so, not everyone listens to the podcast and unless they put something up in the video annotations I don't see how else they would know.

what I do again? are you stalking me on Reddit?!?

Nah, I was reading the posts on the DBZ thread and came across your posts worrying about getting the Machinima channels posted up on time.

Who would be that stupid.

It's the internet.

Here's a hype manga AND funny comic recommendation - Area 51 by the author of Nobunagun (top) and The Big Book of the Unexplained (bottom):
oJ1fLyG.jpg

mike0dude

when you type in 56051 in google it suggest Alexis Nihon Montreal Quebec.

and if you type alexis nihon montreal quebec it suggest 56051.

Numb

My fav DBZ movie is that one with Broly for the first time i believe.
The rest are ok to me.
That latest one was hilarious for some reason

360pages

It was just bad but I love the idea that the god of destruction can be won over with food.

The Creator even said it was very much a kick off movie. Return of F will have everyone get a moment to shine and be mostly action as a result. I think he didn't want to overload the viewer since it was the start of new series of movies. I suppose there is going to be at least 4...

to be fair they were pretty much just asking for it with the attitude they had in the video.
I didn't really care but I can see where all the butthurt came from.
Machinima videos are always that. The only difference is this is a new game with a lot of hardcore fans and DBZ fans.

Not everyone will get that, though.

Its looking like One Punch Man anime adaptation is gonna be done by Sunrise.

booth_sunrise_bandai_0225.jpg

Bandai Visual is the ones handling the promo video for the One Punch man anime at Anime Japan 2015

Numb

Its looking like One Punch Man anime adaptation is gonna be done by Sunrise.

booth_sunrise_bandai_0225.jpg

Bandai Visual is the ones handling the promo video for the One Punch man anime at Anime Japan 2015

I hope it lives up to the manga.
Opposite position where Attack on titan manga was average art quality wise and the anime blew it up hard

Also the Cathedral of Shadows is fucking fantastic. Obvious audio issues aside, this is everything I could want from an SMT podcast. They clearly have knowledge and good discussions of the SMT lore and each game's mechanics, which I feel a lot of people I've listened to don't know the extent of SMT outside of Persona and 3/4.

Plus, they hate social links too!

Top Bottom