• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

How the fuck do people have enough extra cash to buy three consoles?

I pay for my own tuition and I own all 3 consoles. Plus 2 3DS's (an XL and a new) and a Vita.

Then again, I've had a job since I was like 15 and I rarely spend money outside of gaming and the ocassional anime.

And some stuff from amazon.

I actually regret the statement, different strokes depending on your interests for different people.

Yeah and PS4 has FF14 so I've been playing A LOT of PS4 recently lol.

I did just buy a Titan One though, so I can play PS3 games on my DS4 and can finally play KI without having to buy another stick, so I'll probably be using my Xbone more.

Get a girlfriend... And wait for the xbone to crash so hard it's impossible to not buy it.
<.< I would if I could find one I liked.
I pay for my own tuition and I own all 3 consoles. Plus 2 3DS's (an XL and a new) and a Vita.

Then again, I've had a job since I was like 15 and I rarely spend money outside of gaming and the ocassional anime.

I buy food.

I'm getting a bed this week since I'm sick of sleeping on a thin mattress on the floor.
People love vidya games and nothing else.

That's a good... Skill... Kinda...
I love gaming, but I prefer eating..and having nice clothes etc

Yeah that is similar to my story as well. minus the Xbone, a 3DS, but add a gaming PC. I've got money set aside for eventual travel but almost all my money gets put away.

I buy food.

I'm getting a bed this week since I'm sick of sleeping on a thin mattress on the floor.

Food a few days a week for me as well as gas. I don't buy new shoes/clothes constantly though, so I guess that's where I save. My shirts are express and stuff, but I have coupons for those and my Jeans are only like 30-40 bucks. But I live that sweatpants life on campus.

I also just work a lot when I'm not in classes so it just saves up.

I can afford all the consoles, if I wanted, but I see no reason to own the Xbox, especially with the Xbox-Windows 10 thing.
I could save up I guess..but the only games I wanna play is P5 and GGXrd.
Please reassess your priorities.

Nah, playing video games isn't gonna get me laid in any way.
Same old bestgaf.

Ew eating. Ramen is all you need. Ew clothes, all you need is old clothes that makes you presentable. Thrift stores are the best for that.
I can't eat ramen like that, I eat mostly salads..with the exception of today.
Food a few days a week for me as well as gas. I don't buy new shoes/clothes constantly though, so I guess that's where I save. My shirts are express and stuff, but I have coupons for those and my Jeans are only like 30-40 bucks. But I live that sweatpants life on campus.

I also just work a lot when I'm not in classes so it just saves up.
I also try to buy most of my clothes on sale, I got most of my jeans for about..5 or 6 bucks at thrift stores, my shirts only cost me about 10-12 dollars if you get them off of amazon. Two pairs of shoes that cost $60 each since you kinda can't avoid those.

Goddamn it!
fNJ0kRc.png

I wanted to reach 60.

Fucking standing ovation, man. I got 20/60 and I was happy to get that.

OH cool, also question to everyone do you guys perfer digital or physical copies?

Depends on whether you make me buy one of your stupid overpriced memory cards or not

I also try to buy most of my clothes on sale, I got most of my jeans for about..5 or 6 bucks at thrift stores, my shirts only cost me about 10-12 dollars if you get them off of amazon. Two pairs of shoes that cost $60 each since you kinda can't avoid those.

My shoes are expensive, but god damn they're quality. Bought them 3 years ago and they're still going strong. I have some other back up shoes I rarely wear though in case they start falling apart.

I'm of the belief that shoes are one of the few things you can't skimp on. Price really does mean quality for shoes.

Xiraiya

I am but like I said, I've played just about every big game I've wanted to play on my Wii U already. Xenoblade and Legend of Zelda won't be out til the end of the year and I want something to play between. I wanted to get a PS4 down the line anyways and this seems like the best time to do so. This way I don't have to spend actual money all at once since it will be trade in value and my friend is okay with me paying him little by little.
I'm not the one you need to justify yourself to, if it's a smart idea you believe in, then it doesn't need to be justified to anyone except yourself.

However, I personally don't think it's wise.

My shoes are expensive, but god damn they're quality. Bought them 3 years ago and they're still going strong. I have some other back up shoes I rarely wear though in case they start falling apart.

I'm of the belief that shoes are one of the few things you can't skimp on. Price really does mean quality for shoes.

I've had mine for about that long also, I guess I just don't like gaming as much as you guys.
Plus I'm cheap..like..Plague levels of cheap.

I had an uncle who worked in a shoe shop, and goddamn, 30% off on nice shoes was fucking AMAZING.

Man, this dipshit Ricky in Honest Hearts is so fucking stupid, it's hilarious. I'm not sure wether to tell him to fuck off or let him stay and get killed.

Zenfalcia

Nah, playing video games isn't gonna get me laid in any way.

I can't eat ramen like that, I eat mostly salads..with the exception of today.
That's not true! People have gotten laid due to vidya games.

You can, when you don't care.
OH cool, also question to everyone do you guys perfer digital or physical copies?
I like physical for my consoles, but digital on my handhelds. Yeah, i'm weird.
Really, all you need is 5 shirts, a pair of jeans and 2 pairs of socks.
You only really need 2 shirts, just wear them more than once.

That's not true! People have gotten laid due to vidya games.

You can, when you don't care.

I like physical for my consoles, but digital on my handhelds. Yeah, i'm weird.

You only really need 2 shirts, just wear them more than once.

Well..I suppose the Best Friends are examples of that.

I do care though..I don't let other people make food for me because I don't want them touching it.

I like eating healthy things. It makes you feel good.

Zenfalcia

Well..I suppose the Best Friends are examples of that.

I do care though..I don't let other people make food for me because I don't want them touching it.

I like eating healthy things. It makes you feel good.
There are other examples, but sure!

what's wrong with people touching it.

So do unhealthy things.

I've had mine for about that long also, I guess I just don't like gaming as much as you guys.
Plus I'm cheap..like..Plague levels of cheap.

Nothing wrong with being cheap. Its smarter to save money when you can.

Also, the place I work at is the middle eastern restuarunt my parents own so I'll get food from there occasionally.

I had an uncle who worked in a shoe shop, and goddamn, 30% off on nice shoes was fucking AMAZING.

So jelly.

Physical. Nothing is more sick than awesome boxart.

Plus, I might get into game collecting some day and owning things like the Drakengard/Nier trilogy and Xenosaga trilogy are some of my prize possessions.

There are other examples, but sure!

what's wrong with people touching it.

So do unhealthy things.

I don't know where those hands have been man! Did they wash them beforehand? Are they picking their nose or digging their crotch?

No, I do 20 pushups/situps/leg lifts a day. I rike it.
Nothing wrong with being cheap. Its smarter to save money when you can.

Also, the place I work at is the middle eastern restuarunt my parents own so I'll get food from there occasionally.

So jelly.

Physical. Nothing is more sick than awesome boxart.
You luck motherfucker you get all the shwarmas you want!

Is Fire emblem just a waifu simulator cross a tactical RPG?

I'm in chapter 2 on classic. I like the game so far. When does it get balls hard?

Jman014

So this doesn't mean I have these/will get them soon/will get them all together/will play them back to back but here's my order of planned Platinum Splooging

Korra>Rising>Bayo1>Bayo2>W101

Does this sound right?

remove korra

Unless you are a big fan of the series.

Otherwise yeah, don't bother

Ya I wouldn't play the Korra game if you don't care about Korra. And even if you do it's probably not going to be as fun as you would hope. Revengeance, however, is very fun.

My order was $200 with 1 day shipping...

Y u buy so much!! D:

Top Bottom