• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Skrams

I found about an hour of marlow brigs enjoyable

I found maybe 20 minutes of korra enjoyable

I'd wager that's because you had low expectations. Marlow Briggs is a weird game and no one knows why it exists, but that can only carry the game for so long. Korra at least has combat options even if they aren't all showcased in Korra immediately besides the in media res sequence.

I think it mostly depends. Marlow Briggs can be enjoyable on the sheer what the F of it all and presentation. Korra is a very bland game visually even with the cellshading.

I'd rather have good gameplay than care about the art. I think Korra is nice to look at and Marlow Briggs is better than what most would imagine for visuals. After the initial woah, $15 game thing, it just becomes a very boring god of war clone while Korra becomes a lite Revengeance.

Goddamn it, I can't. This translation is just too awful.

Please tell me you're not reading the Gattsu shit.

Okay, a thing just happened.

My dad lost his job a while back, and he just recently got a new one, but I was told by my parents that they could afford community college to problem, but unless I got a huge scholarship (a full ride) I would not be able to afford to go to my local university, and since I didn't want to be laden down with debt from student loans, I decided to go to community college for two years and have my parents cover 5K of my tuition at my local university for the next two years, with the rest coming out of my savings.

I was just told that my dad is doing much better at his job, and can afford to save up for his and my moms retirement and pay for two people at college no problem, but not room and board, so I would have to stay at home. I'm completely fine with this. I'm pretty happy. I need to raise my GPA a bit (currently 3.65), but other than that, I look like I can go to college at my university!

FUCK YEAH!

Redundant sentence :p

but yay! Go COLLEGE!

360pages

I'd wager that's because you had low expectations. Marlow Briggs is a weird game and no one knows why it exists, but that can only carry the game for so long. Korra at least has combat options even if they aren't all showcased in Korra immediately besides the in media res sequence.

I'd rather have good gameplay than care about the art. I think Korra is nice to look at and Marlow Briggs is better than what most would imagine for visuals. After the initial woah, $15 game thing, it just becomes a very boring god of war clone while Korra becomes a lite Revengeance.

Please tell me you're not reading the Gattsu shit.

Eh...I think the problem is, a game SHOULD be at least fun on the first time though. Even if DMC games you still get late game stuff, there is enough there to keep you interested though the majority of your first playthough.

Honestly the first three stages of Korra have no reason being as bad as they were.

What anime blu ray collectors edition would you buy if you had the money aside from Fate/Zero and Gurren Lagann?

Monogatari S1. Which I already own. So none really.

zW5eI.jpg

I thought you were on a diet?

.....oh right ;____;

What anime blu ray collectors edition would you buy if you had the money aside from Fate/Zero and Gurren Lagann?

Eva. And I would place acquiring that above F/Z and GL

Eva. That's it.

I don't even wanna watch it. I just wanna display it.

Yeah I'll go with this as well. Maybe season 1 of Code Geass but The only version I can find right now is a 23 euro single dvd case and nothing elaborate.

I had no expectations for either game. I thought they would both be like 6.5s. I found the first 2 hours of korra to be extremely dull with water bending and earth bending feeling extremely limp. Fire was the only ability I liked and I had hope that the game would redeem itself in the end but than I got air bending and I realized how laughable OP that shit was and didn't use anything else unless the game made me. Overall I'd give korra like 4 .

Does 48 hours for the crunchyroll mean 48 hours in realtime or 48 hours of total watching cause im pretty sure its been more than 48 hours and I still have my guest pass.

360pages

Yeah, the last arc of YYH is kind of weird honestly, but the series is great fun. It's next on my list. Since it seems the Buu Saga isn't getting a DVD release for Kai anytime soon.

Top Bottom