• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Hey Abu, I found the feline incarnation of Mega Milk

cross-eyed-animals-10.jpg

So this doesn't mean I have these/will get them soon/will get them all together/will play them back to back but here's my order of planned Platinum Splooging

Korra>Rising>Bayo1>Bayo2>W101

Does this sound right?

FRIENDERS! Yes or no? Should I trade in my Wii U right now and pick up a PS4? My friend said he'd pay for the rest and to just pay him back...super tempted. I've pretty much played all the games I've wanted and the rest wont be out until the end of the year....

FRIENDERS! Yes or no? Should I trade in my Wii U right now and pick up a PS4? My friend said he'd pay for the rest and to just pay him back...super tempted. I've pretty much played all the games I've wanted and the rest wont be out until the end of the year....
I think trading in consoles is dumb, especially when you're gonna rebuy it later. Unless your Bloodborne thirst is worth hundreds down the line...

I wouldn't trade in a console and then rebuy it half a year later. It just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Xiraiya

Don't trade it it in unless you're absolutely sure you'll never bother with Wii games every again even then I probably still wouldn't.

I think trading in consoles is dumb, especially when you're gonna rebuy it later. Unless your Bloodborne thirst is worth hundreds down the line...

Well I figure since I'm going to spend the money anyways and I really don't play anything on it right now, I mostly use it for youtube....and that's basically it. I'd have something to play now.

Xiraiya

Well I figure since I'm going to spend the money anyways and I really don't play anything on it right now, I mostly use it for youtube....and that's basically it. I'd have something to play now.

Are you actually trading it in just to buy it later? Or is that an assumption people made?

Zenfalcia

do you care about anything on the wii U? If not you could go for it. I'd just save up for it, since i hate losing consoles, but meh.
Too much?
1,000,000/10 BEST GAME EVER.

Are you actually trading it in just to buy it later? Or is that an assumption people made?
I am but like I said, I've played just about every big game I've wanted to play on my Wii U already. Xenoblade and Legend of Zelda won't be out til the end of the year and I want something to play between. I wanted to get a PS4 down the line anyways and this seems like the best time to do so. This way I don't have to spend actual money all at once since it will be trade in value and my friend is okay with me paying him little by little.
There's as much of a PS4 thirst for good games as there is on Wii U.
But i'm a dummy that likes shooters so I can be occupied with COD and ....Destiny.
Wii u doesn't have mega milk
tmk10s9j.gif

croten

I am but like I said, I've played just about every big game I've wanted to play on my Wii U already. Xenoblade and Legend of Zelda won't be out til the end of the year and I want something to play between. I wanted to get a PS4 down the line anyways and this seems like the best time to do so. This way I don't have to spend actual money all at once since it will be trade in value and my friend is okay with me paying him little by little.

But i'm a dummy that likes shooters so I can be occupied with COD and ....Destiny.

tmk10s9j.gif

Well if you do this you will lose money in the long run.

There's not even enough good FPSs though.

I'd just save up, unless you have enough PS4 games you KNOW will have you really really satisfied, then it's still short term>long term but you'll have fun.

Also losing all the stuff on your Wii U since it's tied to the console sounds gross

Anung

Un Rama
There's as much of a PS4 thirst for good games as there is on Wii U.

Not strictly true. Between the multiplats, mid tier games, ps+ and indie stuff I've has plenty of good/great games and have quite the back log. My Wii U collects dust unless a good exclusive comes out and my X1 is a KI machine.

There's not even enough good FPSs though.

I'd just save up, unless you have enough PS4 games you KNOW will have you really really satisfied, then it's still short term>long term but you'll have fun.

Also losing all the stuff on your Wii U since it's tied to the console sounds gross

jwmncl.gif

I'm sorry for being so NO LET ME DO IT THO after asking for suggestions too. I think I just really want to get my hands on the system asap especially with a lot of games I've not played are out. Plus I kind of like the twitch use of it for my channel.

Does he want you to play with him? It's not so bad but there is very little content.
Basically. Our other friend has a PS4 as well so they play a lot as well. Plus we have another friend who is more in to COD and I'm a sucker for the MP.

Not strictly true. Between the multiplats, mid tier games, ps+ and indie stuff I've has plenty of good/great games and have quite the back log. My Wii U collects dust unless a good exclusive comes out and my X1 is a KI machine.

How the fuck do people have enough extra cash to buy three consoles?

I actually regret the statement, different strokes depending on your interests for different people.

Agreed. The PS4 has a ton of amazing games for it, so early in it's cycle, especially if you don't have a PC.

Anung

Un Rama
How the fuck do people have enough extra cash to buy three consoles?

Got PS4 at launch after saving up. Got Wii U for cheap with a ton of games using birthday money and student loan >_> and got an X1 for Christmas on sale.

Strategic saving/waiting for prices to drop.

would the motion controls be mouse or arrow/wasd keys? Hmm..

Full time well paying job, or they're well off.
<.< I couldn't merit spending that much on consoles even if I had that much money.
Got PS4 at launch after saving up. Got Wii U for cheap with a ton of games using birthday money and student loan >_> and got an X1 for Christmas on sale.

Strategic saving/waiting for prices to drop.
I wish people bought me consoles for Christmas <.<

I just found out that Lee's voice actor is in Honest Hearts as the guy who hires you. I didn't know this. The Walking Dead came out a few years after Honest Hearts, so I didn't recognize him until I started the dlc right now.

Top Bottom