• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Ilvocare

She joined at level 11. When I rescued her, I was level 18. I sent her home, and by the time I got out of the underdark and back to Ahtlaka where she was waiting, I was level 22.

For context, the maximum level you could reach in pre-expansion Baldurs Gate 2 was 15 with a Paladin (my guy).

Ah. so that's 11 levels. If I assume one level takes about 1 hour with level scaling, followed by 3 hours for the last five levels...

...yeah I can see why you would do that. I still inherently disapprove but I think you'd never finish the game otherwise.

Let's see. All I'm missing is...

9. I didn't beat Halo 1, but I did play it.
18. Working on BG2 right now =)
19. F-Zero GX. Played maybe 5 races total, couldn't handle the speed.
20. Paper Mario TTYD = Got maybe 5 hours in, dropped it for some reason.
24. Didn't beat Halo 2 either.

I've played them all, tho.

Ah. so that's 11 levels. If I assume one level takes about 1 hour with level scaling, followed by 3 hours for the last five levels...

...yeah I can see why you would do that. I still inherently disapprove but I think you'd never finish the game otherwise.

It's actually impossible for her to catch up. Level scaling doesn't make up the difference, and everybody was so higher up because I did an absurdly hard super dungeon that's optional and gave me literally an entire games worth of XP. It's not 1 hour = 1 level, either. It's a few hours of quests = 1 level and there aren't enough in the game or the expansion for her to ever come close to my guys, because after level 20 the jump between levels starts to normalize at around 300k a piece.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Play Deus Ex.

I probably should. I have it on Steam.

What top 25?

As mentioned above, GAF Games of the Generation for the PS2/XBox/GC Era. It's a pretty good list. There was some really tough competition. That gen was so strong.

Let's see. All I'm missing is...

9. I didn't beat Halo 1, but I did play it.
18. Working on BG2 right now =)
19. F-Zero GX. Played maybe 5 races total, couldn't handle the speed.
20. Paper Mario TTYD = Got maybe 5 hours in, dropped it for some reason.
24. Didn't beat Halo 2 either.

I've played them all, tho.

Oh, if we're talking about completion, my list is way longer than what I said. I've touched most of the games on the list, though.

For comparison on the level cap thing also, my pally and Imoen are 22 and 21 right now, the level CAP for the game and the absurdly high level expansion are 34 and 31 respectively.

When I got Imoen on my team I was closer to the cap than she was to lvl 1.

As mentioned above, GAF Games of the Generation for the PS2/XBox/GC Era. It's a pretty good list. There was some really tough competition. That gen was so strong.
I literally couldn't vote. Every megaten game and spinoff, a ton of amazing action games (DMC, God Hand, etc), Silent Hill 2 and 3, HL2, MGS2 and 3, Melee, etc

I end up with way more than 10 games, and I can't drop any of them.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I literally couldn't vote. Every megaten game and spinoff, a ton of amazing action games (DMC, God Hand, etc), Silent Hill 2 and 3, HL2, MGS2 and 3, Melee, etc

I felt like I owed it to certain games to vote. I originally wasn't going to, but I just gave in and submitted something last minute.

What's the argument for halo 2 being on the list? I'm curious.

Probably because it revolutionized online play for console gaming and matchmaking in general.

36. Kingdom Hearts II - 63 (Original – 59, Final Mix – 4), 9 Honorable Mentions
38. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne - 58, 9 Honorable Mentions
Should have at least voted for Nocturne. I'm actually pretty salt about this.

Zenfalcia

Huh.. So i've played 6 out of 25 and only really completed 3.. if Melee even counts as a completable game.
There's no argument. It's a list made up of people voting.
Ah, I see. Also read the small quote someone made about it.
Multiplayer
Probably because it revolutionized online play for console gaming and matchmaking in general.
Oh, that makes a lot more sense.. I never had xbox live.. so idk anything about multiplayer.

Oh that feel when you're uploading a batch of videos and all the descriptions and pages and such are just right. It's like baking a cake. A digital video cake.

Ilvocare

Regarding the Top 25:

-Never played RE4
*Beat MP 100%
-I've never played an MGS game other than Twin Snakes
-Never got to play SotC
-Never owned a GC, so no Melee
-Never played HL2 because my parents were super strict about the M rating when I was a kid
-See Melee for lack of WW, planning to grab HD version one day
-Never really played the first Halo.
*Played FFX, never really got to finish it. Was close, though.
-See M rating for SH2
*Managed to beat P4
-Never owned an Xbox original, so no KOTOR
-See M rating for GTA
|| I joined WoW at BC, left at Wrath, never saw vanilla in it's prime
-No BG
-See GC for no F-Zero
*Beat TTYD, it was alright
-See XOriginal and M rated shit for NG
*I'm playing DMC3 right the fuck now
-No Diablo, goddamned M rating
*The only Halo I played and beat was 2 with my older bro. He also forced me to skip the beginning first mission that provides vital set-up because "it's boring". I feel that was a mistake.
*TP remains my favorite 3D Zelda by virtue of it being the only 3D Zelda I liked. When put up against SS, it's no contest, really.

In conclusion, my 6th gen was bullshit. What the hell, fam?

I'll give you guys a hint as to what I'm uploading, but I won't validate it if you get it right.

I've intentionally mis-spelled a word in the games title/description every single time on purpose. I'm wondering if the other guys'll even notice.

mrmyhthef

I'll give you guys a hint as to what I'm uploading, but I won't validate it if you get it right.

I've intentionally mis-spelled a word in the games title/description every single time on purpose. I'm wondering if the other guys'll even notice.

So it's a Capcom game?

EDIT: Kinda want to say Resident Evil but it's too soon after Silent Hill imo.

huh...im guessing something involving mayrio

Ilvocare

So by my current count I've got one Arena Story mode vote for Yosuke, Kanji, and Naoto each. I can't decide between those three and need more input.

The candidates are those three plus Mitsuru and Aigis. I'll count votes that quote this post.

Neol

Revelatons?

Has the ziabatsu ever talked about Paranoia Agent?

Cause i just finished watching it and why is my only memory of the show seeing it on the TV once.

I had to search the web to rediscover it. Its basically a twin peaks anime that rips on anime!

Why is it not a way more popular.(the acute reader will notice i just want to talk about paranoia agent)

Zenfalcia

The cake auto-slices and serves itself to everybody. All hands off once I put it in the oven.
You don't even take it out of the oven? You monster. You would be a horrible baker.

Evil, now you're going to make all the grammar nazis revolt. The comment section is going to burn with people pointing out the mispelling.

Has the ziabatsu ever talked about Paranoia Agent?

Cause i just finished watching it and why is my only memory of the show seeing it on the TV once.

I had to search the web to rediscover it. Its basically a twin peaks anime that rips on anime!

Why is it not a way more popular.(the acute reader will notice i just want to talk about paranoia agent)
WTTP. Your here forever. I need to watch it, but I love the first 2 episodes so far.

Top Bottom