• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Whoa, hold on now. The first Jak and Daxter was considered the best platformer of the gen? I was always under the impression the sequels were way better games than the first.
The sequels were less platformer and more character action. To the point where they have devil trigger.

mrmyhthef

Whoa, hold on now. The first Jak and Daxter was considered the best platformer of the gen? I was always under the impression the sequels were way better games than the first.

At least on gaf, people don't like the transition from standard mascot platformer to edgy gta clone. The sequels are usually better liked elsewhere however.

Hey guys, drunk Aaron has the option for sex tonight with an old woman. That's usually in his wheelhouse, but this woman is a bit below his usual standards.

Should he do it???

Without standards you are nothing.

Zenfalcia

Hey guys, drunk Aaron has the option for sex tonight with an old woman. That's usually in his wheelhouse, but this woman is a bit below his usual standards.

Should he do it???
Up to you, but probably not.
Yes but besides the names, similar personalities to the character and looks it has nothing to do with Naruto.
So... why didn't you just name with original names and have them have similar personalities?

Up to you, but probably not.

So... why didn't you just name with original names and have them have similar personalities?

cause no one would read that shit. Plus i was already righting straight up naruto fanfiction when i wrote it and and didnt really think about it and it got a lot of positive feedback that i just continued writing it.

Shackzam

SHACK HOW WAS THE MOVIE

ALSO DOES ANYONE WANNA READ MY FANFICTION!?
its honestly less of a fanfiction and more of a story I wrote when I was dealing with shit and put Naruto characters as the characters.
I was alright. I was really bothered by the pacing of the movie. I can go more in depth with it, but I'm being lazy. Also the villain was super weak on being a villian. I felt no threat from him and did not care for him.
But the DBZ fights were pretty hype
You get UNIEL back yet?

Yes I did. Putting it in right now.

joe2187

Banned
of the 25

Never played:

Metroid Prime: ( I now own the trilogy on WiiU and have beaten the first level so far)

Super Smash Bros: Melee ( I only play Smash 64 and Smash WiiU)

LoZ: WW ( I own it on WiiU, have yet to play it)

FFX ( Have it on Vita, only played past the intro a bit)

Star Wars KOTOR - I dont care for star wars

World of Warcraft - NOPE aint never gonna.

Dues EX (does the second one count?)

Baldurs Gate ( never played it ever)

F-Zero GX (never owned a gamecube)

Paper Mario (never interested me)

Diablo 3 ( NOPE)

LoZ: Twilight princess ( Never owned a Wii)

So like most of that list.

beinfilms

Should he do it???

I'm not going to tell you how to live your life, but personally, I wouldn't. Standards have to mean something, or they're not really standards.

Ilvocare

The sequels were less platformer and more character action. To the point where they have devil trigger.

At least on gaf, people don't like the transition from standard mascot platformer to edgy gta clone.

They were not character action, closer to a platformer with TPS abilities. In some regards they became a more serious version of Ratchet and Clank.

Man I think I need to play all three of those games again. Although I hear that the HD collection never fixed their screen-tearing so they're unplayable I guess...

I was alright. I was really bothered by the pacing of the movie. I can go more in depth with it, but I'm being lazy. Also the villain was super weak on being a villian. I felt no threat from him and did not care for him.
But the DBZ fights were pretty hype

Yes I did. Putting it in right now.

yeah they needed to develop narutos side of the relationship within less than half of the runtime so i agree the pacing was off.

of the 25

Never played:

Metroid Prime: ( I now own the trilogy on WiiU and have beaten the first level so far)

Super Smash Bros: Melee ( I only play Smash 64 and Smash WiiU)

LoZ: WW ( I own it on WiiU, have yet to play it)

FFX ( Have it on Vita, only played past the intro a bit)

Star Wars KOTOR - I dont care for star wars

World of Warcraft - NOPE aint never gonna.

Dues EX (does the second one count?)

Baldurs Gate ( never played it ever)

F-Zero GX (never owned a gamecube)

Paper Mario (never interested me)

Diablo 3 ( NOPE)

LoZ: Twilight princess ( Never owned a Wii)

So like most of that list.
That's diablo 2 you dumby

Zenfalcia

Huh.. the local anime store had Me!Me!Me! music.. It's nice to not have the sound effects and voices.
cause no one would read that shit. Plus i was already righting straight up naruto fanfiction when i wrote it and and didnt really think about it and it got a lot of positive feedback that i just continued writing it.
Sure. That works I suppose.

Ilvocare

Ok I just read the backlog and I've come to accept (P4A)
Public Safety knowing about Personas. If he's basically part of the Secret Police -- hell, in Persona Japan has a secret police expy -- then it's easy to assume that the liberties people in the universe assume they have are merely imagined. Also puts the whole of Persona!Japan in a darker light, but details.

If they discovered the existence of Personas through the Kirijo explosion and are basically what some Americans think the NSA are, then I can see how they found this info out. All he needs to do is acknowledge Naoto's work in the main P4 plot in some way and we'll be golden.

Ok I just read the backlog and I've come to accept (P4A)
Public Safety knowing about Personas. If he's basically part of the Secret Police -- hell, in Persona Japan has a secret police expy -- then it's easy to assume that the liberties people in the universe assume they have are merely imagined. Also puts the whole of Persona!Japan in a darker light, but details.

If they discovered the existence of Personas through the Kirijo explosion and are basically what some Americans think the NSA are, then I can see how they found this info out. All he needs to do is acknowledge Naoto's work in the main P4 plot in some way and we'll be golden.
Well that's not counting P2... If you put them into the equation... It actually makes more sense.

Ilvocare

Well that's not counting P2... If you put them into the equation... It actually makes more sense.

Only thing is
why they don't do anything with the knowledge they have. Which is simple to explain with "well someone else is already handling the situation, and you know what they say, too many cooks make it impossible to fight the Beast Rebels of the Hellscape.

NAOTO, ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDETTE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT
of the Kirijo Group
FROM SHADOW OPERATIVES?
And herself?

Zenfalcia

I was going through a very emotional time in my life and couldn't be bothered with spell checking, though I should go back and fix that....
sorry if my weeb comes out.
Yeah... I can feel it through the writing.. I mean.. you have rain 4 times in the first sentence.

Only thing is
why they don't do anything with the knowledge they have. Which is simple to explain with "well someone else is already handling the situation, and you know what they say, too many cooks make it impossible to fight the Beast Rebels of the Hellscape.

NAOTO, ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDETTE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT
of the Kirijo Group
FROM SHADOW OPERATIVES?
And herself?
They shouldn't
dirty their hands when its not needed. Less evidence.

No shut up its cool.

Zenfalcia

REALLY emotional.
plus rain sucks it cold, and wet, and it gets everywhere.
Very emotional.

Rain is very calming, it's usually quiet and all you have is the quiet pattering of the rain hitting the window. It helps that the sky is grey and just mellows out all colour in the world.

edit: My inner grammar nazi is dying.

Very emotional.

Rain is very calming, it's usually quiet and all you have is the quiet pattering of the rain hitting the window. It helps that the sky is grey and just mellows out all colour in the world.

I was making an episode 2 reference, i love rain actually. too bad that it only happens here once in a blue moon.

Zenfalcia

I was making an episode 2 reference, i love rain actually. too bad that it only happens here once in a blue moon.
I see... So.. I finished the prologue... It feels like someone's inner monologue and it could use some work...
Still. Writings not great. Its really dumb.

Night guys 3AM is really pushing it for me.
Who needs sleep!
See you frienders later.
Bai.
I'm sorry that it sucks you can stop if you want.
It's fine.

Top Bottom