• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Zenfalcia

So, is anyone confident enough to make an avatar bet on what it is?
Has the ziabatsu ever talked about Paranoia Agent?

Cause i just finished watching it and why is my only memory of the show seeing it on the TV once.

I had to search the web to rediscover it. Its basically a twin peaks anime that rips on anime!

Why is it not a way more popular.(the acute reader will notice i just want to talk about paranoia agent)
I don't think they've ever talked about it.

It's on my list of to watch. I'll get to it eventually.

I'm not a fan of FPS games or survival horror. Also what's the point of playing HL2 anyways without having played the first?
HL2 continuity is secondary to its setting, puzzles, and gameplay. Though you saying you dislike FPSes has me hesitant, it's one of the best ones easily, and it doesn't play like the games from post-2004.

beinfilms

As annoying as the huge amount of prep for it is, I really, really love DMing my D&D group. It's some of the most fun I've ever had!

Neol

Has the ziabatsu ever talked about Paranoia Agent?

Cause i just finished watching it and why is my only memory of the show seeing it on the TV once.

I had to search the web to rediscover it. Its basically a twin peaks anime that rips on anime!

Why is it not a way more popular.(the acute reader will notice i just want to talk about paranoia agent)

Bit too surreal and the theme turns people off I guess. Love the anime and really cool way to demonstrate Japan's cultural problems in general.

If you liked it so much you should watch Satoshi Kon's other works. Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika are all fantastic.

Ilvocare

Fuck this, I'l flip a three-sided coin to see which of these three I'll do. It's 3 in the morn and time's running out.

Yosuke's 1, Kanji's 2, and Naoto's 3.

FUCK RANDOM.ORG GAVE ME THREE

Time to learn how to Naoto.

Ugh whens shack coming back i wanna ask him his opinion on the last naruto movie, maybe if he says its pretty good itll convince you guys to watch it.

Zenfalcia

Fuck this, I'l flip a three-sided coin to see which of these three I'll do. It's 3 in the morn and time's running out.

Yosuke's 1, Kanji's 2, and Naoto's 3.

FUCK RANDOM.ORG GAVE ME THREE

Time to learn how to Naoto.
You don't really have to learn... just play footsies and then auto-combo ftw.

WTTP. Your here forever. I need to watch it, but I love the first 2 episodes so far.

So, is anyone confident enough to make an avatar bet on what it is?

I don't think they've ever talked about it.

It's on my list of to watch. I'll get to it eventually.

I wont go into details but i think 4 of the 13 episodes were jokes and i cant recommend it enough for that alone

Bit too surreal and the theme turns people off I guess. Love the anime and really cool way to demonstrate Japan's cultural problems in general.

If you liked it so much you should watch Satoshi Kon's other works. Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika are all fantastic.

I give them a look I'll probably start with Tokyo Godfathers

Zenfalcia

He has to learn to shoot the gun atleast... Boy her IK system is complex tho.
I suppose. Is it that complicated? Have it get to zero and then hit them with hama or mudo.
I'm playing Hell difficulty though. The AI is hardly godlike but it'll have a sense of competence that I can't overcome if I go in completely blind.
If you want a sense of competence, then do the challenges for each character. Why hell? Just to git gud at the character?

This gave me a giggle
tumblr_nk9paeOk481qb5gkjo1_540.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
God, I keep spending money on new bows/LBGs and gunner armor and I barely even gun. But goddamnit I want to be ready to do so if the urge ever strikes me. I must've just spent like 60k on new gunner stuff. And that's after the 20k or so I spent on my new Charge Blade. And Charge Blade isn't even my main weapon!

72 hours in, 8* offline quests, HR4. Goddamnit I love Monster Hunter.

Ugh whens shack coming back i wanna ask him his opinion on the last naruto movie, maybe if he says its pretty good itll convince you guys to watch it.
Fuck no.
You don't really have to learn... just play footsies and then auto-combo ftw.
That is pretty much all I do. My Square button only Marie is fearsome.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1001534

Out of the top 25, what games have you finished out of that generation.

I don't think you missed anything else important.
The only games on the list I haven't played are Halo 1, F Zero, SH2, Ninja Gaiden.
I've only beaten 12 of them though. I didn't have a PS2 until the generation was pretty much over, in slowly working through the things I missed.

Fuck no.

That is pretty much all I do. My Square button only Marie is fearsome.

The only games on the list I haven't played are Halo 1, F Zero, SH2, Ninja Gaiden.
I've only beaten 12 of them though. I didn't have a PS2 until the generation was pretty much over, in slowly working through the things I missed.

I COULD DREAM DAMN IT.

beinfilms

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1001534

Out of the top 25, what games have you finished out of that generation.

I don't think you missed anything else important.

Reading over other parts of the list, why the fuck is RealMyst in one of the genre lists? The original devs of Myst said it went against the original vision of the game! Also, it's a mediocre remake of a phenomenal game!

I'm a little salty, because their marketing campaign of it being the true Myst experience had me fooled for years, until I looked into it myself.

Ilvocare

Huh, starting Naoto's thing off with a bombshell.
Random safety officer managed to find out about fucking Personas? How???

EDIT: Oh shit this may be P3 backstory.

Reading over other parts of the list, why the fuck is RealMyst in one of the genre lists? The original devs of Myst said it went against the original vision of the game! Also, it's a mediocre remake of a phenomenal game!

I'm a little salty, because their marketing campaign of it being the true Myst experience had me fooled for years, until I looked into it myself.
I haven't played it, but its still an adventure game right? Man how in the world did Indigo Prophecy beat Fate Stay/Night and Escape from Monkey Island? Damn.

beinfilms

I haven't played it, but its still an adventure game right? Man how in the world did Indigo Prophecy beat Fate Stay/Night and Escape from Monkey Island? Damn.

Shit, really? I didn't even notice! I don't know anything about that first one, but Monkey Island is definitely better! (Even if it is the worst one of the main series.)

Ilvocare

Whoa, hold on now. The first Jak and Daxter was considered the best platformer of the gen? I was always under the impression the sequels were way better games than the first.

Hey guys, drunk Aaron has the option for sex tonight with an old woman. That's usually in his wheelhouse, but this woman is a bit below his usual standards.

Should he do it???

beinfilms

Whoa, hold on now. The first Jak and Daxter was considered the best platformer of the gen? I was always under the impression the sequels were way better games than the first.

I wouldn't know. The first console I was allowed to get was a Wii, and my first Playstation was a PS4.

Top Bottom