• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

croten

Skyrim's fine, has plenty of flaws, but it's solid enough.

I was making a sarcastic comment to Oberon, I know you're just jumping at the chance to be a shit, I don't blame you for wanting to do so, I've said things to you before that are prone to bringing that out.
But you know, at least be a little less transparent about it.

140311412451.jpg

Xiraiya

Solid isn't too difficult to achieve with what it's trying to do, considering the developer and the experience they have with this sort of game. I just didn't think it was solid enough to be considered a good game to me personally. But of course, that is a subjective matter, so I understand.

I look at it like this, I criticized that game endlessly while I was playing it, I thought about all it's issues afterwards, the shitty things that existed in that engine since Morrowind that were never fixed and so on, it improves over Oblivion in number of ways while also unfortunately taking steps back in others.

It has a lot of issues here and there, but then I realized over time as I'd go back and play it again or play a different character, I realized I was sinking a significant number of hours into it, if I really didn't like Skyrim, I wouldn't have sunk 80 hours into it in the first place, let alone like 100 more, so it grew on me, I ended up appreciating it for what it is and stopped being so bothered by some of the issues, which caused it to become much more entertaining.

Basically, aside from the Witcher 2, which probably beats it in a number of areas, I have the Dark Souls 2 outlook on Skyrim, it's not nearly as good as it should have been and should deserve to be criticized as such, but it was still more enjoyable than a lot of other games around that time, to me anyway.

Both of the major expansions are pretty damn interesting to play.

But you are right that Bethesda should be better than they actually are.

I've heard good things about MH4 being the most approachable to a new player, but at the moment I don't have the funds to get a N3DS. Is this passable on the 3DSXL? If so, I'm assuming I'll need to get my hands on a circle pad pro; since the CPP for the 3DSXL was Japan only, will it work on US hardware?

croten

I've heard good things about MH4 being the most approachable to a new player, but at the moment I don't have the funds to get a N3DS. Is this passable on the 3DSXL? If so, I'm assuming I'll need to get my hands on a circle pad pro; since the CPP for the 3DSXL was Japan only, will it work on US hardware?

I'm playing on a 2DS without a CPP and I'm doing fine. This one actually doesn't need it as bad as 3U did due to the underwater sections.

I don't use a cpp, and it works fine. Then again, i got a 2ds.

I've been playing it 3DS XL without the CPP. It is no way necessary in the slightest. Though if you really want to get the CPP I'm fairly sure it is region free
unlike the games lol

Don't expect greatness.
It's Bleach, I go in expecting not to lose braincells.
The DUB got cancelled. (It was garbage anyway so I'm not surprised)

The actual anime ended years ago after the Fullbring arc, I feel like that's an important distinction because Pat and Woolie sound crazy going on about it being cancelled recently when the anime stopped forever ago.

Ahhh..I never cared enough to learn the details I just heard that it stopped.

I didn't really care about Itagaki in the anime, but hot damn that fight with Imai was hype. I would of thought the fights in the manga would be less impressive being un-animated and all but fuck I was wrong. The last minute and final decision had me at the edge of my sit! Itagaki, your cool now in my book.

croten

I didn't really care about Itagaki in the anime, but hot damn that fight with Imai was hype. I would of thought the fights in the manga would be less impressive being un-animated and all but fuck I was wrong. The last minute and final decision had me at the edge of my sit! Itagaki, your cool now in my book.

I might break and start reading the Manga soon.

Oberon

Banned
I start playing smash for glory.
And I get like 5 matches in a row that are laggy and versus duck hunt dog and villagers. This is some kind of sign to tell me to go back to doing my homework....

I start playing smash for glory.
And I get like 5 matches in a row that are laggy and versus duck hunt dog and villagers. This is some kind of sign to tell me to go back to doing my homework....

Not once have I played online against randoms without lag. Sure it isn't Brawl bad, but it is still pretty awful.

At least people I choose to play with seem to live on Earth and not the Moon.

I might break and start reading the Manga soon.
You should! Don't you want a continuation after how hype the anime was?
Not once have I played online against randoms without lag. Sure it isn't Brawl bad, but it is still pretty awful.

At least people I choose to play with seem to live on Earth and not the Moon.
Yea there's lag but I don't think its THAT bad, I'm still able to play normally at times with a few laggy games here and there.

Yeah but I really want to see it animated first.
It's like what you said to me about UBW, go through the original source first then watch the hype fights animated later (If they continue it that is)

The guy leaves Square-chan's Kimochi Romantikku Daiboken ~Silver Evening Refrain~ on a giant cliffhanger and then just goes on vacation? Unbelievable.
Liam is just on a vacation break before he gets back to continue the story of Square-chan. Writer's go through this phase right?

croten

It's like what you said to me about UBW, go through the original source first then watch the hype fights animated later (If they continue it that is)

Liam is just on a vacation break before he gets back to continue the story of Square-chan. Writer's go through this phase right?

You make a compelling argument, me.

Oberon

Banned
I'm 20 and I've been to the Canadas, Mexico, France and Spain. And I live the USA

It's a competition now?
I am 18 and I have been to : Algeria, Greece, Belgium, France, Luxenburg, and I live in Switzerland. ( maybe less impressive since everything is so close by)

mrmyhthef

I've been to Australia, New Zealand, China, Taiwan, Mongolia, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore.

Of those I've lived in 3 (Australia (current), China and Malaysia).

I do want to travel more westward in the future.

Okingjrr

Oh, we sharing where we've been?
I come from the caribbean, live in France, have been to the US, Canada, Germany, Scotland, The Netherrealm (Netherlands), a bunch of islands in the caribbean and I'm going to Mexico later this year.

Fuck all of you for having income/family income to go to those places. I've only been to Canada because it's a short drive away and Costa Rica for a month long research internship.

Tako

Oh, we sharing where we've been?
I come from the caribbean, live in France, have been to the US, Canada, Germany, Scotland, The Netherrealm (Netherlands), a bunch of islands in the caribbean and I'm going to Mexico later this year.

You should go to Cozumel or Acapulco

I've only been to Puerto Rico and a few states. I never left the US :3

Also, I need a new controller. I'm gonna break my Sixaxis playing Ultimax.

Anyone want to take me and spoil me on a trip to Japan?

Okingjrr

I've only been to Puerto Rico and a few states. I never left the US :3

Also, I need a new controller. I'm gonna break my Sixaxis playing Ultimax.

Anyone want to take me and spoil me on a trip to Japan?

One day, Dok.
Also, do like Pat and stock up on spare controllers.

Top Bottom