• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Xiraiya

Soooo RealGaf
I was told earlier that if I was to have a family with this person, they'd want a gun but also be afraid that I'd might pull it out on said person because of my anger issues. Am I wrong to be angry (lol) at this person?
I can understand the reflex to be annoyed, however if they're that worried, then maybe you need to think over some things about yourself, people don't usually say stuff like that unless there is a significant enough history there.
Really, simplest answer is don't get a gun, you don't need it... unless you live in America, then leave America.

Zenfalcia

Heyo! What's going... On?
Naamloos-1.gif

Did I get transported to 4chan somehow?
>transported
>4chan
Soooo RealGaf
I was told earlier that if I was to have a family with this person, they'd want a gun but also be afraid that I'd might pull it out on said person because of my anger issues. Am I wrong to be angry (lol) at this person?

And YO @ the new LP
Well.. if you got angry.. wouldn't you prove them right about their assumption of your anger issues? I mean, you can feel insulted.

croten

Soooo RealGaf

And YO @ the new LP

Angry? Nah. They are being a bit silly though.

Lets Go!

Yeah, yeah, he that beast
Spit that fire. Kill that beat
Pull that smoke, then breathe that heat
DJ's gone put that on repeat
Grind time, I hurt that street
This is work, there ain't no sleep
Push until your body weak
If you don't win, then you don't eat
Oh man that's actually my favorite song in the game. I love the soundtrack even though I've never played the game or even seen more than a few minutes of gameplay.

Soooo RealGaf

And YO @ the new LP

Geez. Umm that sounds to me that there is some serious trust issues there. I wouldn't be angry about it, I would be more concerned. You should talk to them and figure out why they would actually fear that

Soooo RealGaf

And YO @ the new LP

Jesus I really dont know what to say to that.

I can understand the reflex to be annoyed, however if they're that worried, then maybe you need to think over some things about yourself, people don't usually say stuff like that unless there is a significant enough history there.
Really, simplest answer is don't get a gun, you don't need it... unless you live in America, then leave America.
Then bugs would be out to get me. Yeah there is history there.
Well.. if you got angry.. wouldn't you prove them right about their assumption of your anger issues? I mean, you can feel insulted.
Well I feel angry and insulted. I didn't yell, I didn't throw a fit. I just told them I had to go and even now I just remained silent and passive.

sjay1994

Oh man that's actually my favorite song in the game. I love the soundtrack even though I've never played the game or even seen more than a few minutes of gameplay.

I fell in love with it when I saw it on the cover of nintendo power

latest

Bought it immediately. Its one of my favorite wii Games.

Naamloos-1.gif

>transported
>4chan

2spoopy4me
No. I've never handled one in my life and would never ever use one around my kids if I ever had one.

"Protection"
Then I can understand why you would be annoyed, but just calmly explain to her that you wouldn't and then just do your best to control whatever anger issues you may have, and with time she ( or he idk) will stop thinking that.

sjay1994

Well I feel angry and insulted. I didn't yell, I didn't throw a fit. I just told them I had to go and even now I just remained silent and passive.

So, I can't say I have any experience, but if your potential family is worried that you might pull a gun on them in a fit of rage, you need to look at yourself first and think if that comment is even valid.

How bad is your temper? If you don't think its that bad. I suggest talking it out with the person.

Also, you plan on shooting bugs? Just get a bug zapper.

Lets Go!

Yeah, yeah, he that beast
Spit that fire. Kill that beat
Pull that smoke, then breathe that heat
DJ's gone put that on repeat
Grind time, I hurt that street
This is work, there ain't no sleep
Push until your body weak
If you don't win, then you don't eat
I think ox may be the best dude on that soundtrack. Or at least my favorite.

Zenfalcia

I should've said you didn't have an outburst or anything. That's good. Although you could've tried to talk about it, but you probably weren't in the best of mood to talk about it.

Geez. Umm that sounds to me that there is some serious trust issues there. I wouldn't be angry about it, I would be more concerned. You should talk to them and figure out why they would actually fear that

Jesus I really dont know what to say to that.

Gun rights are fine, but it's serious shit, and this sounds like the paranoid thinking process lots of people have without understanding risks.

With the trust issues I'm inferring, I don't recommend it, and I'd say that should be a focus.
It is trust issues. Was said right before that statement was said. We both lost trust with each other. I pulled away and remained passive no matter what she went through because she did something which made me lose trust in her. The only time I did have a blow up was when my Aunt died last year and I had so much going on that I couldn't take it anymore and just wanted her to leave me alone.

I really dislike guns, I'm not comfortable having one in the house.

Guns are fine, as long as the owners know how to properly use them, take care of them and have a safe and secure place to keep them when they aren't being used, preferably a safe of some kind. This almost never happens though. People are dumb and need to pass a common sense test before then can even be able to purchase any kind of firearm.

I really dislike guns, I'm not comfortable having one in the house.
I think I've never seen a real gun in my life except maybe in a policemans holster and I'm fine with never coming into contact with one. Guns do so much damage with such ease that I'm actually terrified of them. I would call it a phobia but I don't think it's irrational to be scared of guns.

Monster Hunter feels like I don't have enough control. I know it's a hunting game and not an action game, but I just hate being locked into animations so much. Plus the camera is fucking terrible for all the changing positions of the monsters.

Monster Hunter feels like I don't have enough control. I know it's a hunting game and not an action game, but I just hate being locked into animations so much. Plus the camera is fucking terrible for all the changing positions of the monsters.
Plays like Souls without linking attacks to a stamina bar. Also use the target cam to lock on.

You can roll-cancel a lot of animations.

Guns are fine, as long as the owners know how to properly use them, take care of them and have a safe and secure place to keep them when they aren't being used, preferably a safe of some kind. This almost never happens though. People are dumb and need to pass a common sense test before then can even be able to purchase any kind of firearm.
^^^
Well at least that tells me I'll hate Souls.

Target cam?
Christ, son. Haven't played Souls smh

Bottom screen has a little icon of the monster, tap it once you find the monster, then tapping L resets camera to look at the monster.

I should've said you didn't have an outburst or anything. That's good. Although you could've tried to talk about it, but you probably weren't in the best of mood to talk about it.
I wasn't. I actually left a message when they didn't answer explaining it myself and apologizing but then they called later stating we'll talk about it later....then immediately badgered in to the conversation again so of course I got annoyed and stayed quiet again so it ended being awkward again.

Gahh

Anyone up for DOA on ps3 soon? I might be able to get a few games in.

Xiraiya

You don't need to spill that history out here or anything, but if you think over that history, can you perhaps see a reason why they are concerned?
It might be an overreaction on their part, but I have a hard time believing someone would say something like that over minor instances of regular angry moments, but that's just my take on what information you have given us.

I think it's important to not take it personally, having a family with someone means you are responsible for that family. You protect them, you help them learn and grow and encourage them in different ways throughout life, you be there for them to catch them when they fall, no matter what, it's not just you at that point, everything you will do and say will have an impact on them, good, bad, big, little etc. etc.

That's what being a man and having a family is all about.

So I would think long and hard, it's okay to have things to work through, it's part of being human, but it's important to try your best to work through those things, especially with those you love, so that you can grow and change into a better version of yourself.

Zenfalcia

People are idiots and don't care about gun safety. There were a bunch of gifs of people doing stupid things with guns. Like looking down a barrel of a gun, while it was loaded..
I think I've never seen a real gun in my life except maybe in a policemans holster and I'm fine with never coming into contact with one. Guns do so much damage with such ease that I'm actually terrified of them. I would call it a phobia but I don't think it's irrational to be scared of guns.
You should at least learn gun safety. Maybe it'll help you become more confident around guns.

joe2187

Banned
Btw. I watched Hells Angels....

That was some weird stuff.

Glad somebody watched it at least. I really enjoyed the animation and that the story by the end just went crazier and stupider.

I love it when classic stories get re-adapted to stupid modern day versions. Gurren Lagan-esque anime bible stories should totally become a thing. It's the reason I unironically love the Leonardo Decaprio version of Romeo + Juliet.

People are idiots and don't care about gun safety. There were a bunch of gifs of people doing stupid things with guns. Like looking down a barrel of a gun, while it was loaded..

You should at least learn gun safety. Maybe it'll help you become more confident around guns.

Wonderful, of course they wouldn't care about gun safety I mean..it's not like it's dangerous or anything right?

Well I live in the Netherlands, guns kind of don't exist here. I know some gun safety stuff, but mostly what not to do. I'd probably fuck up if I ever had to shoot one, which isn't weird since I've never held one before.

Top Bottom