• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

sjay1994

Glad somebody watched it at least. I really enjoyed the animation and that the story by the end just went crazier and stupider.

I love it when classic stories get re-adapted to stupid modern day versions. Gurren Lagan-esque anime bible stories should totally become a thing. It's the reason I unironically love the Leonardo Decaprio version of Romeo + Juliet.

Adam is the best.

Beloved

Ditto. I mean, self defense is one thing, but there are less... murdery options.

Indeed

People wanting them for a vague sense of "protection" are generally misguided. There's generally better things for home defense.

Yep

Guns are fine, as long as the owners know how to properly use them, take care of them and have a safe and secure place to keep them when they aren't being used, preferably a safe of some kind. This almost never happens though. People are dumb and need to pass a common sense test before then can even be able to purchase any kind of firearm.

Yeah see that's the thing. Most people say that they need a gun for protection, but to protect yourself, it needs to be easily accessible. But if it's easily accessible, it's not safe because anyone could get to it. Your kids, people visiting, even the people you're trying to protect yourself from. So I don't get the logic there.

Now I do know some people that collect guns (primarily antique or rare ones) but they ARE kept in a gun safe and the ammo is kept separate. And they don't try to pass it off like they are for protection.

Zenfalcia

I wasn't. I actually left a message when they didn't answer explaining it myself and apologizing but then they called later stating we'll talk about it later....then immediately badgered in to the conversation again so of course I got annoyed and stayed quiet again so it ended being awkward again.

Gahh

Anyone up for DOA on ps3 soon? I might be able to get a few games in.
On the bright side
Amazing. You didn't try to talk about it or tell them to stop? Although letting someone vent/talk isn't a bad idea either.

Life isn't all that smooth, so what can you do but persevere.

Really? It's the closest I can think of barring the obvious difference of the stamina bar only being linked to running/evades/blocks and not attacks.
To me it has as much in common as comparing something like Devil May Cry 3 to Ninja Gaiden Black. The handling of player characters in either game in particular is very different and that's what makes me think they aren't that similar.

Some people a couple years back tried to sell me on Monster Hunter by making the Souls comparison, but it made those differences more noticeable and frustrating at the time.

Thanks. I know I have anger issues and I have my own ways of dealing with them. It's just frustrating when someone continues to do things that invoke my anger when I tell them what not to do. The family isn't even a thing, it's just a what if and I guess I felt insulted that it's even thought up. I've said before again and again that my anger only pops out when I'm confronted and I have no other choice. I've never even fought after I was 6 years old and the only time deep RAGE came out was when I had my only fight and tossed a slightly older kid around. The strange thing is, she tells me her brothers think shes crazy from throwing things and breaking dishes near them. So its like I'm the angry one? I've never done that with anyone.

Indeed

Yep

Yeah see that's the thing. Most people say that they need a gun for protection, but to protect yourself, it needs to be easily accessible. But if it's easily accessible, it's not safe because anyone could get to it. Your kids, people visiting, even the people you're trying to protect yourself from. So I don't get the logic there.

Now I do know some people that collect guns (primarily antique or rare ones) but they ARE kept in a gun safe and the ammo is kept separate. And they don't try to excuse pass it off like they are for protection.
My uncle on my dad's side of the family is one of those people who collect guns..man has a small arsenal in his house all locked up and kept in mint condition.

The only time I could ever see having a gun easily accessible would be if you were living in a home with only adults or alone, no children, or anyone who has any type of mental or other problems that could affect their judgement etc etc.

Just don't have a god damn gun in everyone's reach.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, I think I'll be skipping the MadWorld LP. 25 minutes into the first episode and I'm just bored. Kinda think Matt and Woolie is the...not worst, but...least good(?) combination. Just out of curiosity I checked all the LPs they've done together and realized I haven't really enjoyed any of them (at least the longer ones).

To me it has as much in common as comparing something like Devil May Cry 3 to Ninja Gaiden Black. The handling of player characters in either game in particular is very different and that's what makes me think they aren't that similar.

Some people a couple years back tried to sell me on Monster Hunter by making the Souls comparison, but it made those differences more noticeable and frustrating at the time.
There's obviously differences that really, really come out when you get deep into it, or even just moderately deep, but there's pretty big similarities on a surface level, to where I find it's an apt comparison when trying to explain it.

It is trust issues. Was said right before that statement was said. We both lost trust with each other. I pulled away and remained passive no matter what she went through because she did something which made me lose trust in her. The only time I did have a blow up was when my Aunt died last year and I had so much going on that I couldn't take it anymore and just wanted her to leave me alone.

Even if it was only a one time thing it obviously had a deep effect on them if they still fear that you may do something as drastic as pull a gun on them. This is something that you both have to come together and work through, a relationship where one actually fears the other is not a healthy relationship for those people, let alone a potential family they may have.

My uncle on my dad's side of the family is one of those people who collect guns..man has a small arsenal in his house all locked up and kept in mint condition.

The only time I could ever see having a gun easily accessible would be if you were living in a home with only adults or alone, no children, or anyone who has any type of mental or other problems that could affect their judgement etc etc.

Just don't have a god damn gun in everyone's reach.
Not even then for me. Three adults in this house, and mine is locked away.

Zenfalcia

Wonderful, of course they wouldn't care about gun safety I mean..it's not like it's dangerous or anything right?
Totally not dangerous at all. It's not like you can kill any one with it.
Well I live in the Netherlands, guns kind of don't exist here. I know some gun safety stuff, but mostly what not to do. I'd probably fuck up if I ever had to shoot one, which isn't weird since I've never held one before.
Knowing is better than not knowing at all. It might come in handy, who knows. Nah, if you had someone to help you, it shouldn't be that bad... You might not hit what you're aiming for the first time, if you ever do try.

croten

Knowing is better than not knowing at all. It might come in handy, who knows. Nah, if you had someone to help you, it shouldn't be that bad... You might not hit what you're aiming for the first time, if you ever do try.

Why would knowing how to use a gun be useful when you'll never be around guns.

Not even then for me. Three adults in this house, and mine is locked away.
Good man. I personally don't have one..I have..other means of defense.

Of course not! Even if someone did die they would just respawn just like in the Call of Duties!

Yeah, I think I'll be skipping the MadWorld LP. 25 minutes into the first episode and I'm just bored. Kinda think Matt and Woolie is the...not worst, but...least good(?) combination. Just out of curiosity I checked all the LPs they've done together and realized I haven't really enjoyed any of them (at least the longer ones).

I TOTALLY get what you're talking about. I feel like Woolie and Liam is also less fun than most combinations. I still watch all the playthroughs, though. Even Shaolin Monks.

On the bright side
Amazing. You didn't try to talk about it or tell them to stop? Although letting someone vent/talk isn't a bad idea either.

Life isn't all that smooth, so what can you do but persevere.
Tried but twice it went back to it. I explained, she explained then we agreed to talk about it later...and it went back to it right away.
Again, anyways if anyone wants to fite me on DOA my nephews psn is lilwrenchdemon

Fist.jpg
RUAGH

I TOTALLY get what you're talking about. I feel like Woolie and Liam is also less fun than most combinations. I still watch all the playthroughs, though. Even Shaolin Monks.
I totally agree, though FF8 was obviously fantastic. Matt/Woolie and Liam/Woolie are generally kinda lacking. I like both better for one offs.
I too watch all the videos regardless.

sjay1994

I dunno why but I didnt really dig the first episode of madworld, it feels like a game that'd be more fun to play than watch.

I haven't watched it yet, since I am waiting for dinner.

But they probably only did the tutorial. The boss fights in madworld are great.

Zenfalcia

Why would knowing how to use a gun be useful when you'll never be around guns.
Apocalypse situations! :D
Of course not! Even if someone did die they would just respawn just like in the Call of Duties!
Gotta remember to drop that tactical insertion to spawn closer.
Tried but twice it went back to it. I explained, she explained then we agreed to talk about it later...and it went back to it right away.
Again, anyways if anyone wants to fite me on DOA my nephews psn is lilwrenchdemon
Hmm.. it seems like she has some flaws herself. Good for you for keeping a level head.

Xiraiya

You know I'm not sure how useful it is for Matt and Woolie to go on and on about Madworld's music and turn down announcers and all that to hear it better when the viewer basically can't hear much of anything of the game anyway.

It's like "Okay I guess you guys really like the thing I can't hear"

I have guitars hung all around my room, so I can probably just use those for defense.

Hook them up to an amp, crank it to 11, play a sick solo, and BAM! Their heads are blown clean off...

I could hit them too I guess, but there's no fun in that.

You know I'm not sure how useful it is for Matt and Woolie to go on and on about Madworld's music and turn down announcers and all that to hear it better when the viewer basically can't hear much of anything of the game anyway.

They turned down announcers to make commentary easier to hear, but yeah. Most game sounds never come through in videos, but I don't mind.

Really glad they let SH2 cutscenes play out.

Zenfalcia

It's been so long since I've played CoD that I don't even know what that means.
Come on son. At this rate you'll never get that gunship or ever get to use heli.

I find it hilarious and also bad. I wish they raised the audio level of the games they play, i want to here the music and voices too..

wanna know whats the ultimate form of defense?
Devil_May_Cry_Vergil_Yamato_Japanese_Katana_Replica_Sword_____.jpg

Japanese steel folded over a thousand times, you baka gaijins couldnt defeat a katana with you baka guns.

Xiraiya

I find it hilarious and also bad. I wish they raised the audio level of the games they play, i want to here the music and voices too..

I find that it's not nearly as bad in like Life Is Strange and usually a bunch of other things.

Rather than feeling like an actual LP going through the game together, it feels more like "Matt and Woolie talk together over some MadWorld Footage", it's weird.

Zenfalcia

Here is my Apocalypse plan. Death. I would not survive the first day.

Even under those situations there are no gun shops or other source of guns for the apocalypse.
You don't know that! You might last the second day, at least. Just lock yourself in your room and play vidya games on back up batteries or solar power.

Just 3d print a gun.

Top Bottom