• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Archgan

Recent KanColle I've taken a liking to.. She looks cute and cool. :3

It's just inanimate machines being given a human form and usually a girl. Just think of it like people doing stuff like making Tumblr-chan or OS-chan.

It's not a KanColle design, it's just a Mecha-musume aka humanized machine girl.
I just think that boats are a weird thing to turn into girls.

semisonic

Banned
Recent KanColle I've taken a liking to.. She looks cute and cool. :3

It's just inanimate machines being given a human form and usually a girl. Just think of it like people doing stuff like making Tumblr-chan or OS-chan.

It's not a KanColle design, it's just a Mecha-musume aka humanized machine girl.

Adorable. I'm always a sucker for vests, chokers, and sometimes cute hats. She has all 3. Is she one of the submarines, or a sunken ship?

I have only seen the ones in the show but I don't particularly care for any of the ship girls designs. There are a good number of fun characters that I like though.

JoJo94

So Platinum has been posting Madworld stuff a decent amount since the Zaibatsu started their playthrough...has this been mentioned before?

J E N N Y

tumblr_mvclyaW5qN1smwmfoo1_250.gif

Zenfalcia

Kancle is close to the laziest _____ musume shit ever, with the only exception being those shitty mecha musumes where girls just wear some clothes in mecha colors and carry a big gun.
Nah, there's some effort to have some design for each girl.
I just think that boats are a weird thing to turn into girls.
Anything can be turned into a girl. Like tanks. Let me try to find an example.
Adorable. I'm always a sucker for vests, chokers, and sometimes cute hats. She has all 3. Is she one of the submarines, or a sunken ship?
She's a u-boat, she changes when she's on top of the water.

semisonic

Banned
Hawken? That's been out for a while.

Damascus Gear is coming out for the Vita/PS TV next week though.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel did it better, but the girls are just AIs controlling nanomachine girl and ship bodies.
I don't really feel right saying Arpeggio of Blue Steel did _____ better than anything.
It was okay, but kinda mediocre... I don't think of it much these days.
Nah, there's some effort to have some design for each girl.

Anything can be turned into a girl. Like tanks. Let me try to find an example.

She's a u-boat, she changes when she's on top of the water.

I really like that portrait. It kinda reminds me of Katanagatari in a weird way (It's the flower. Gotta be the flower.). Speaking of which, Katanagatari is dabes, and everyone who hasn't seen it should right now.
Do it.
I'll wait.
Or have a viewing party if I can find it on youtube later.
Either way, really.

MechWarrior Online is recent, but you could literally download Mechwarrior 2 for free online legally, since it's abandonware.

Friend of mine is hardcore addicted to MWO. We checked his playtime in game, and he had like 141 hrs in one mech alone. Apparently people can get *really* into those games.

Friend of mine is hardcore addicted to MWO. We checked his playtime in game, and he had like 141 hrs in one mech alone. Apparently people can get *really* into those games.
I tried installing it and the game got buttmad at me, but mostly the F2P stuff limiting my customization kills it.

I dunno how well it plays, though, but I'd like to try it or a later MechWarrior like 4

semisonic

Banned

That's nothing. It's fine. He's not in the danger zone yet. I have 371 hours in to PSO I & II (Offline mode) with just one character too. Among many I easily have 500.

I don't really feel right saying Arpeggio of Blue Steel did _____ better than anything.
Arpeggio really suffered from Japanese Manga Exec syndrome, where the editors see something is super popular, so they get the writers to shove in tons of extra characters and shit instead of keeping the story moving. It's especially bad in monthly manga.

semisonic

Banned
Yo thanks for the new avatar
PERFEKT
Arpeggio really suffered from Japanese Manga Exec syndrome, where the editors see something is super popular, so they get the writers to shove in tons of extra characters and shit instead of keeping the story moving. It's especially bad in monthly manga.

That sounds about right.
I've seen it many a time before, but rarely can clearly identify it as what it is because I read after release, and don't always know what was popular at the time.

Zenfalcia

I really like that portrait. It kinda reminds me of Katanagatari in a weird way (It's the flower. Gotta be the flower.). Speaking of which, Katanagatari is dabes, and everyone who hasn't seen it should right now.
Do it.
I'll wait.
Or have a viewing party if I can find it on youtube later.
Either way, really.
Aw, really? It can't be that bad, but regardless I'm still going to watch/read it.

It's fan art sadly, not official. Possibly the colouring? I watched half of it and stopped for some reason.
Kamiya buys best friends.

Immediately bans them.
Kamiya first buys Platinum and renames it to Platinum Platinum.
Yo thanks for the new avatar
Any time.

semisonic

Banned
Aw, really? It can't be that bad, but regardless I'm still going to watch/read it.

It's fan art sadly, not official. Possibly the colouring? I watched half of it and stopped for some reason.

Kamiya first buys Platinum and renames it to Platinum Platinum.

Any time.

Dude you need to pick it up again. Katanagatari is easily one of the best anime's I've ever seen, entertaining on both an overt level and also(especially) in a thematic sense. Here's a paper from a review site I really like on its themes, for those who've finished it.

semisonic

Banned
You can't make me!!! Cheerio!
FRQXb3x.gif

Daww.
If I wasn't waiting to get emotionally traumatized whenever Mathaou comes on with Now and Then, Here and There, I would rewatch right away.

Which reminds me, where the fuck's he been?
Have he and I just been missing each other all weekend?
Or has he just not been on?

Top Bottom