• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Xiraiya

Its just really demoralizing.
Don't let it get to you, all it means is your teacher is apparently shitty for acting that way, that has nothing to do with you.

We had a few classes together and worked on projects. I know a little bit about her, the entire idea was to get to know her better over lunch though.
Though, it's not a big deal, and I'm pretty happy I just asked even if nothing really came from.
Good, that's what you should take away from this, you can just ask a girl you like to lunch and it's no big deal, if it's not meant to, be it's not meant to be, the world is no better or worse off for it.

If you're pretty good friends with a girl you like, like hanging out outside of school or being able to just discuss dumb things, then asking again a little later would be fine, but with someone who's not that close to you, it can definitely seem pushy and desperate.

Jman014

3pZMLAc.jpg

Oberon

Banned
We had a few classes together and worked on projects. I know a little bit about her, the entire idea was to get to know her better over lunch though.

Though, it's not a big deal, and I'm pretty happy I just asked even if nothing really came from.

Whatever you do, be sure to check that she's single before making further actions.

You linked the same thing twice

Fixed that

Man, my lit classmates are awful at this shit. We got back our Macbeth quizzes today, and everyone but me and one other guy got a 40 or below. It's fucking embarrassing. We're even reading the graphic novel version to try to get them to pay even a little attention. There were 10 questions, with some examples being who is Duncan's heir, or who plans Duncan's murder? I don't understand how so much of my class failed so badly when all of the questions were that easy. It was so bad, the teacher let them retake it, letting them use the book just this one time.

360pages

Don't let it get to you, all it means is your teacher is apparently shitty for acting that way, that has nothing to do with you.

Good, that's what you should take away from this, you can just ask a girl you like to lunch and it's no big deal, if it's not meant to, be it's not meant to be, the world is no better or worse off for it.

If you're pretty good friends with a girl you like, like hanging out outside of school or being able to just discuss dumb things, then asking again a little later would be fine, but with someone who's not that close to you, it can definitely seem pushy and desperate.

Yeah, she said another time. I just nice to know I have the courage to do it.

SteveTR

Yo, Wrestling isn't Wrestling is so great. It's even better than Death and Return of Superman.

I guarantee you the Zaibatsu are going to gush about it tomorrow.

Man, my lit classmates are awful at this shit. We got back our Macbeth quizzes today, and everyone but me and one other guy got a 40 or below. It's fucking embarrassing. We're even reading the graphic novel version to try to get them to pay even a little attention. There were 10 questions, with some examples being who is Duncan's heir, or who plans Duncan's murder? I don't understand how so much of my class failed so badly when all of the questions were that easy. It was so bad, the teacher let them retake it, letting them use the book just this one time.

Why is your teacher bending to the whims of the class?

SteveTR

I don't even understand why people do this. They must be doing it intentionally, or something.

Because he's in high school, and that's how high school do

Because if everyone fails the class than the teacher is usually fucked as well...

I'm not sure. It was a one time thing, and she said she won't do it again.We have another quiz friday, so we'll see how that goes.

I wouldn't last as a public school teacher then.

Fuck that noise. If I'm providing you a graphic novel of Macbeth(as opposed to actually reading the fucking play and having to translate Shakespearean English) they very least you do as a student is pass my quizzes and exams.

croten

Fuck that noise. If I'm providing you a graphic novel of Macbeth(as opposed to actually reading the fucking play and having to translate Shakespearean English) they very least you do as a student is pass my quizzes and exams.

The problem is when most of the students fail then it looks like the teachers fault to the higher ups.

semisonic

Banned

Most honors and ap classes are okay.
As a veteran of all three types, tho...
Fuuuuuuck regents classes. They suck so much ass and the kids do not give a single fuck.

My teacher seemed really mad about it. The whole point of reading the graphic novel version was so these guys would pay a little more attention. It hasn't seemed to work. I'm still disappointed that we're not reading the play like all my friends in other classes.

Jman014

My teacher seemed really mad about it. The whole point of reading the graphic novel version was so these guys would pay a little more attention. It hasn't seemed to work. I'm still disappointed that we're not reading the play like all my friends in other classes.

I'm sorry, I haven't been paying full attention but there is a graphic novel version of Macbeth?! That's fucking sick.

Fuck off with these kids, I wish I had that shit when I was in school.

Ants

That's my point. He has done nothing since his appearance

Patently false. Iggy has
defeated N'Doul, Anubis, Oingo and Boingo
since his arrival, but he's done it completely on accident, on stupid
dog whims

I think that this very fact is what makes Iggy so great. Iggy is the best kind of Deus Ex Machina, having
saved the gang
on accident in pretty much every encounter since his appearance.

He's exactly as useless as
a dog with a Stand
would be, while still being incredibly useful

The problem is when most of the students fail then it looks like the teachers fault to the higher ups.

How much more simple can it get than a graphic novel designed to appeal to High School aged students?

I can't blame her.

How much more simple can it get than a graphic novel designed to appeal to High School aged students?

I can't blame her.
It doesn't get more simple than that. That was the point, and yet my classmates still fuck it up. And I don't blame her either. Hell, she even gave us notes, not even making us write them, with all the answers in them if you bothered to read, and still almost everyone failed.

360pages

I just wish you had more, like 6 or 7. Cause after I use all mine, I just turn the game off and then next time I play I get them all back. But I usually use up all the hearts in like 15 minutes.

The game is so fun though, kind of wish it was a retail release though. Since it does well combining elements from pokemon and a puzzle game. Rather than it just slapping a Pokémon skin on it.

Jman014

It doesn't get more simple than that. That was the point, and yet my classmates still fuck it up. And I don't blame her either. Hell, she even gave us notes, not even making us write them, with all the answers in them if you bothered to read, and still almost everyone failed.

Don't worry about it man. Your classmates are idiots.

I bet the English professor that I had in college would have had a heart attack if she knew one of Shakespeare's works was made into a graphic novel.

joe2187

Banned
You know what makes me sad?

Lost Planet.

Everybody is so hard up on licking MonHuns crack infested dick. The LP series could have been something great like MonHun became but it'll never have the chance.

That is shameful.

croten

It's alright, since it's pretty basic for a first game sure. But Missions are usually simple and the game itself has to be. I wish there was more matchmaking options.

It's the reward structure that sucks massive monkey balls. It's way too heavily focused on RNG and less on player skill.

Top Bottom