• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Best dog in any story I've seen really.

Anime-gifki-pesochnitsa-117609.gif

Which Iggy are you at? John Travolta Iggy or Nicholas Cage Iggy?

wot

He does do something before the end. You probably haven't gotten to it yet is all.

That's my point. He has done nothing since his appearance, so even if he's the one to beat Dio I can't see this claim of him being the best dog ever even being close to true. If anything it's going to make me angry because it feels like he was only created to serve a purpose in one battle and nothing else.

Xiraiya

Ok I see where your getting at, like you said I was told before hand before I did the dirty deed. A person that didn't know would have probably let the quest play out normally.

It's kind of interesting actually that actively being told about/prepared for that quest causes people to mess it up and not knowing about it makes you far less likable to stop it playing out.

That's my point. He has done nothing since his appearance, so even if he's the one to beat Dio I can't see this claim of him being the best dog ever even being close to true. If anything it's going to make me angry because it feels like he was only created to serve a purpose in one battle and nothing else.
Well, he's not the best dog ever. Just a cool one.

croten

wot

Well with this attitude you probably wont like him, if you're expecting him to do a cool thing then the actual cool thing that he does would lose impact. Just let it be, when the time comes you'll like him or you wont we can't change that for you.

Xiraiya

Well with this attitude you probably wont like him, if you're expecting him to do a cool thing then the actual cool thing that he does would lose impact. Just let it be, when the time comes you'll like him or you wont we can't change that for you.

I don't dislike Iggy, I just don't really understand the hype, as I said one defining moment isn't enough to justify all that, if it's a series of cool things then that's different.

And you're not even to the best stuff yet.

Only 2 more episodes to go.

I've only heard about the arc (Benizuka I think?) but have no idea what it is. Really looking forward to it, especially with the recent tone change the last few episodes that have been slightly more serious and
the OP and ED showing the Not-DIO guy and being a lot more serious.

Also, the new OP and ED are amazing.

I've only heard about the arc (Benizuka I think?) but have no idea what it is. Really looking forward to it, especially with the recent tone change the last few episodes that have been slightly more serious and
the OP and ED showing the Not-DIO guy and being a lot more serious.

Also, the new OP and ED are amazing.

Which ones are those? I don't really know them by number.

But I still need to watch kuroko! I don't think I have anything else I need to watch after that though. I'll dive into gintama then.

The Crunchyroll subs are fantastic and the footnotes they use to explain the obscure references really helps for some of the jokes. And the whole show is on it.

Squishy3

wot

iggydagawd5vjsc.png

Since this will never be shown in the anime since it's from one of the pages before the actual chapter starts.

Ah yes, I didn't care for that opening very much. Great ending though.

I've always been a fan of Opening 6 and my most favorite Opening 13. I like pretty much everything from the band that does 13 though.

The only one I wasn't big on was OP2, but that's just because its not OP1. Its still good, but I really like OP3. I can't wait to hear the others.

Funny thing about that mini arc is you don't expect it to lead into one of the series's first serious arcs.

I normally don't watch previews for shows, but I feel like the previews in Gintama are just so misleading that its actually hilarious. Its almost like the dumber the preview, the more hype the episode will actually be.

Plus, you can't skip out on random Ginpachi-sensei.

The only one I wasn't big on was OP2, but that's just because its not OP1. Its still good, but I really like OP3. I can't wait to hear the others.

I normally don't watch previews for shows, but I feel like the previews in Gintama are just so misleading that its actually hilarious. Its almost like the dumber the preview, the more hype the episode will actually be.

Plus, you can't skip out on random Ginpachi-sensei.

The first opening will always hold a special place. Especially being as good as it is while being so old.

The previews are great as well because you get some great material for a good season when they keep teasing a movie.

Top Bottom