• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Oberon

Banned
If you find an akihiko figure please send me a pick of it so I can decide to buy it from you lol. Or some hana stuff.

I'll try to find one. The Hana figur is mine, I'll get you vice president if I do find one,

Are the prison school figs even out yet? also be wary of bootlegs, anime conventions are rife with that shit

How do I tell? I guess bad qualitly can be a sign, but what else?

... So no one is play ing Dragon Age?

I remeber some peope were talking about it on launch. but it didn't get much adherence
You'll be better off talking about Bloodborne here.

TAFK

If we're talking alarms what should I have as a video game themed alarm to wake up to? I was thinking the Sonic drowning music.

I'm not really a big Dragon Age fan. I think it's the pausing in the middle of battle. (I love the shit out of Mass Effect, but I can't get into Dragon Age, KOTOR, etc.)

The combat changed a lot. You actually have to just hit R2 to do a basic attack, and the face buttons are special attacks that you unlock, and these special attacks charge over time.

Oberon

Banned
Bad quality, and missing details.

Just do some research before you buy.

vlanime071428.jpg

I found this DVD. Looks pretty detailed, I didn't even know that they did a life action Persona 4 film.

beinfilms

The combat changed a lot. You actually have to just hit R2 to do a basic attack, and the face buttons are special attacks that you unlock, and these special attacks charge over time.

Really? I'll have to give it a shot, then. I always wanted to play Origins, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, so maybe this'll be how I get into the universe.

Emouse

How do I tell? I guess bad qualitly can be a sign, but what else?

Poor quality, sometimes I find bootlegs are overly shiny, like they have a weird plastic sheen to them, that being said there's plent of guides out there to spot a bootleg, and it varies from company to company, I can spot a bootleg nendoroid from a mile away but others less so

Also a "seal of quality" stamp on the box is a big clue, they're usually shiny/glittery/holographic, bootlegs almost never have them, but yeah look it up online if you're not sure

Really? I'll have to give it a shot, then. I always wanted to play Origins, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, so maybe this'll be how I get into the universe.

You can still pause mid-battle, but that's usually for healing potions or whatever other potions you make. You swap between 4 characters that each have a different play style. If you get a shield that one of the face button abilities is a really good block. But yeah, it's good. I doubt Pat 'll get back to it though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1012189

Xiraiya

I'm gonna get it. But I don't even know what steins gate is. It is some anime apparently.

It was originally a Visual Novel, but the Anime is really damn good (I think I watched it 3 or so times with people when it came out), slow but interesting start, but once it reaches the turning point it's pretty great.

Emouse

Also

Resident Evil Revelations 2 is the best Resident Evil game since RE4

Oh man, I really hope my copy is there when I get home, can't wait to play it

It was originally a Visual Novel, but the Anime is really damn good (I think I watched it 3 or so times with people when it came out), slow but interesting start, but once it reaches the turning point it's pretty great.

Yeah yeah, it starts fun and just gets better and better, I don't think I flipped my shit harder than I did watching that show, so gud

I kinda want to play the visual novel first because that's the original source material. I might watch the anime afterwards.

Top Bottom