• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Xiraiya

I kinda want to play the visual novel first because that's the original source material. I might watch the anime afterwards.

I played a few hours into the VN and I think I was like one or two episodes equivalent into the story, it feels like it's extremely long and far more drawn out than the anime, but otherwise almost exactly the same.
Aside from the fact the anime established a "canon" route, I also feel like the anime is a better way to experience the base story and the VN is best afterwards as a way of seeing other paths that the anime obviously could never cover.

Also Steins;Gate has the only example of a "Maid Catgirl" type of Character I actually genuinely liked.

joe2187

Banned
Watching the GB video of the Final Fantasy XV Demo I cant help but think all these characters looks stupid and obnoxious.

I've also never played a FF game so I'm not used to it maybe.

Xiraiya

Watching the GB video of the Final Fantasy XV Demo I cant help but think all these characters looks stupid and obnoxious.
I've also never played a FF game so I'm not used to it maybe.

Pretty much, not the series for you if you've never somehow played an FF game.

Alfebit

Banned

rFCGGFR.gif

Liam needs punishing.

It isn't anything particularly excellent, but what made you not like it at all (aside from the OST)?

The gameplay isn't balanced at all, it stops being hard after Minotaur
or Medusa.
. The hardest boss is just a side boss
though in neutral I think Beelzebub is necessary
. Demon fusion is dumb and is just palette swaps because you can transfer every skill. Some of the new designs are just... woof. And maybe my hype for it killed it as well. The European Atlus Tax of time.
And a small gripe, but I consider it bad but there's a lot of interesting story stuff behind the DLC. Archeangels weren't in the main game as bosses.
But they brought back Mastema, the best law character.

But the music is great and so is the world.

Edit: it's good, but not great. Still a better RPG than Bravely Default.

The gameplay isn't balanced at all, it stops being hard after Minotaur
or Medusa.
. The hardest boss is just a side boss
though in neutral I think Beelzebub is necessary
. Demon fusion is dumb and is just palette swaps because you can transfer every skill. Some of the new designs are just... woof. And maybe my hype for it killed it as well. The European Atlus Tax of time.
And a small gripe, but I consider it bad but there's a lot of interesting story stuff behind the DLC. Archeangels weren't in the main game as bosses.
But they brought back Mastema, the best law character.

But the music is great and so is the world.

Edit: it's good, but not great. Still a better RPG than Bravely Default.

Completely valid points that aren't just "fuck the world map" but I really enjoyed it. Definitely not my favorite SMT game, but the things it did well are fantastic.

Also, I don't care how much anyone dislikes the game, but if they say the soundtrack is bad then we'll have an argument.

So, I kinda realized I fucking hate the main final fantasy theme.

Its probably one of the most annoying themes I have ever listened to. Doesn't help that its the theme of free roaming in the Acadamia before a mission in type 0.

BUT OMG, THE THEME OF TYPE 0 IS SO GOOD

Yeah, I really don't care for Prelude either, but Type-0's soundtrack is fucking amazing. Would expect nothing less of the OST though considering the pedigree of the composer.

Fuck you and the last link.

Yeah but fuck the world map too though. I've already stated arguments as to why the implementation of the world map is done poorly (though the map layout itself isn't too bad). It's a valid criticism.

I'm not saying it isn't a valid complaint. Its just nice to hear something negative about that game other than "fuck the world map."

Top Bottom