• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

HK8Mc.gif

MEGA MILK SUCKS

Okingjrr

So, I just finished Hotline Miami 2. Overall, I'll give the game an 8/10, the shit was tough with the open level design and a lot of glass windows but the music and the tight controls redeems it.
I'm really tired, the last scenes were fucking frustrating because I just wanted go to bed. Glad I stuck with it til the end.
Also, the fuck was that story about?
I'll go look in the OT for an answer

semisonic

Banned
Pat would explain all the context and significance of each enemy and boss, then pull up the console command to insta-kill live on camera and give no fucks.

If we're talking co-op top down dungeon crawlers, I remember me, my older brother, and in a rare twist of fate my dad getting into both Champions of Norrath games. Like we put in more hours than those deserved. As in we beat the game at LEAST twice and there's four increasing tiers of difficulty.

There was also the first ever PSP game I played which was more or less the EXACT same fucking game with a completely different name. I don't remember what it was called, just that it came out early in the PSP lifecycle.
Yo, that genre's mah jam.
D&D Heroes, Baldur's gate, x men legends, I even tried Sacred 2.
It wasn't very good.

How is Soul Hackers? I'm going to play it after I finish Persona q.

Great game. It's a short RPG
I'd say 20 hours is short RPG
. It is definitely a game of its time but if you can get past the fact it is basically a Saturn game mechanically it is a joy to play.
One of my favourite 3DS RPGs.

How is Soul Hackers? I'm going to play it after I finish Persona q.
I really really like it so far. The system has the perfect blend of old SMT mechanics using Magnamite and micro managing your money and that is pretty good along with the decently designed 1st person dungeon. Demon loyalty and party alignment is pretty fun to manage, but some what hard to manage if you don't know what your doing. There are cheats in the game to remove that but don't be Pat and use them.

Okingjrr

Reposting cause end of page.
So, I just finished Hotline Miami 2. Overall, I'll give the game an 8/10, the shit was tough with the open level design and a lot of glass windows but the music and the tight controls redeems it.
I'm really tired, the last scenes were fucking frustrating because I just wanted go to bed. Glad I stuck with it til the end.
Also, the fuck was that story about?
I'll go look in the OT for an answer

No, it's the best!

Nah, i wouldn't do that! I just can't believe they cut off the show like that.

Yeah! I'll leave them hanging on a cliff!
That ending almost ruined the show for me. All that time, and boom! Bullshit plot twist from so far outta left field, it wasn't even in the park.

Ilvocare

Yo, that genre's mah jam.
D&D Heroes, Baldur's gate, x men legends, I even tried Sacred 2.
It wasn't very good.

Eh, it's fine until they all start to blend together a bit. It's also a bit of Borderlands in that if I'm not playing with someone else, then I'm not having nearly as much fun as I could.

This is someone who unashamedly loves Warriors games, as well.

I really really like it so far. The system has the perfect blend of old SMT mechanics using Magnamite and micro managing your money and that is pretty good along with the decently designed 1st person dungeon. Demon loyalty and party alignment is pretty fun to manage, but some what hard to manage if you don't know what your doing. There are cheats in the game to remove that but don't be Pat and use them.

wow what a shitty series stealing from Pokemon

those creators should be ashamed

Atilac

If the baldurs gate II lets play is a no go, I'd love more darkest dungeon especially with woolie and liam being armchair advisors. Or a total war game with woolie and liam as armchair generals. Liam is great at killing animals and humans, maybe he would be a great bick dick shogun 2 general.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
After much thinking, I have my current anime show top 10 sorted out (It is my firm belief that top tens should seperate movies and shows, not mix them together).
  1. Bakuman
  2. Clannad
  3. Steins;Gate
  4. Gurren Lagann
  5. Hajime no Ippo
  6. Silver Spoon
  7. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  8. Trigun
  9. Cowboy Bebop
  10. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Rutti

Great game. It's a short RPG
I'd say 20 hours is short RPG
. It is definitely a game of its time but if you can get past the fact it is basically a Saturn game mechanically it is a joy to play.
One of my favourite 3DS RPGs.

Nice. Is the story self contained and should I read about the plot of the first Devil Summoner?

semisonic

Banned
After much thinking, I have my current anime show top 10 sorted out (It is my firm belief that top tens should seperate movies and shows, not mix them together).
  1. Bakuman
  2. Toradora
  3. Steins;Gate
  4. Gurren Lagann
  5. Hajime no Ippo
  6. Code Geass
  7. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  8. Trigun
  9. Cowboy Bebop
  10. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

FTFY

Zenfalcia

If the baldurs gate II lets play is a no go, I'd love more darkest dungeon especially with woolie and liam being armchair advisors. Or a total war game with woolie and liam as armchair generals. Liam is great at killing animals and humans, maybe he would be a great bick dick shogun 2 general.
Darkest dungeon was quite good, too bad they didn't read any of the details like hit %, and other things like that. A strategy game will be terrible for an LP unless it's an edited one off.
Need to correct these 2. It's actually from the opening of the Hebijo side of Senran Kagura Burst.
It is? Oh, my bad.

Top Bottom