• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Then I guess I'll try my hand at this
1.Katanagatari
2.Oregairu
3.Toradora
4.Mushishi
5.Bebop
6.Baccano
7.Spice and Wolf
8.Hunter X Hunter
9.Uchouten Kazoku
10.Hyouka

SPECIAL AWARDS

GOAT
SAO

GREATEST CLUSTERFUCK
SAMURAI FLAMENCO

THAT THING NO ONE KNOWS
LODOSS OVA

HARDEST THING TO MAKE
DEFINITIVE TOP 10 LISTS

Q&A SECTION

WHERE'S EVA
I DON'T KNOW

WHEN'S GURREN
IT'S PRETTY GOOD

HOW ARE YOU SO COOL AND HANDSOME
PURE WILLPOWER AND MAGNETIC CHARM

DUBS ARE COOLER
tumblr_n4syehBMsO1rs5xi2o1_500.gif
I'll finish Hyouka after I finish rewatching Bakuman.

I'm like 8 episodes in, it's pretty good.

"Some of my best friends are ____" is the best/worst excuse. Especially when they get the stereotype really wrong.
Some of my best friends hate that excuse.
That feel when your 67 year old Aunt asks you what you're doing on the inter net and you're here...
I've had family ask that. I stumbled over myself for a minute and say "messing around". Lately though, I just say "reading about videogames" since that's what I'm told NeoGAF is.
I finished it.
Didn't watch GITS tho.
Mmk. Just checkin.
I should probably watch more than 1 episode of Katanagatari.

semisonic

Banned
I'll finish Hyouka after I finish rewatching Bakuman.

I'm like 8 episodes in, it's pretty good.

There's a super good character arc for Oreki(though his initial low powered philosophy is something no one would ever actually have) where
the closer he comes to Chitanda, the less satisfied he could possibly be living together with her, unable to utilize his gifts that she brought out in him.
It's great.

There's just nothing done with any of the characters at all. There's no extensive dialogue for any of the recurring characters. I'm pretty sure the private detective has more dialogue than the entirety of the main cast. What the fuck was the point of the first 15 episodes before the Evening Primrose is even introduced? There's next to no character development throughout the entire series. Fuck this series for wasting my time.

A series of this structure should be character focused and IT JUST FUCKING ISN'T.

I want to offer a counter argument. But currently my head is full of FUCK GEMINI OF THE METEOR.

Anyway. My parents are sending me a N3DS (woo). So I've bought an MicroSD. But because I need to spend over £10 to get free delivery, I bought Ys: Memories of Celceta. Apparently Ys is a series people like.

It's officially passed midnight. It ain't my birthday no more. yayyyy.

Zenfalcia

Ilvocare

semisonic

Banned
I loved Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari, so I fully expect to really like it.

The arcs work together perfectly to make a beautiful theme on the idea of legacy. And it does so without sacrificing entertainment value, character interactions, fight scenes, or simple charm.
It's fucking beautiful.

The arcs work together perfectly to make a beautiful theme on the idea of legacy. And it does so without sacrificing entertainment value, character interactions, fight scenes, or simple charm.
It's fucking beautiful.
I'll make a top ten and leave it out and put it in the "pretty good" section, don't worry.
:p
I like those shows alot. Right up to that oh so subtle snake scene. Towards the end of...nise I think?
I dunno which you mean. The fanservice in Nise goes overboard in general and bugged me, it also loses some atmosphere. Still good.

I dunno which you mean. The fanservice in Nise goes overboard in general and bugged me, it also loses some atmosphere. Still good.
I was super wrong. It's towards the end of bakemonogatari when that girl's deep throating a penis snake. That aside, it's still an awesome show. And the fanservice in the second season was definitely a turnoff, but not a nail in the coffin. That was when I found out the show had, at least partially, turned into another waifu simulator thing.

psh, what a scrub. everyone who's anyone knows the release order of these american franchises goes 1.Digimon 2.Pokemon 3.Baroque 4.Shin Megami Tensei 5.Persona.
What are you talking about? Revelations:persona predates SMT and Baroque at least in America.

I really don't know why I bother responding...

I was super wrong. It's towards the end of bakemonogatari when that girl's deep throating a penis snake. That aside, it's still an awesome show. And the fanservice in the second season was definitely a turnoff, but not a nail in the coffin. That was when I found out the show had, at least partially, turned into another waifu simulator thing.
Huh. I actually don't remember that scene. I marathoned through Snake and remember her stuff the least. Might have to get back to you if I can find it.
NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo...
It's fine

Top Bottom