• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

But I don't believe in them....
I kind of used the wrong term there. They don't lack motivation, they're just lazy and want do it in the last minute. If they followed the plan I proposed, we would have finished like 3 weeks ago. Instead, I have poeple who ask me what they have to do ( which I told them like a million times), giving me some of the work they're suppose to do, and I have like no idea what they have done so fare. The deadline is tuesday btw.
Why am I always friend with poeple that are so wastly different from me?

They dont sound like friends to me, Oberon.

Xiraiya

I kind of used the wrong term there. They don't lack motivation, they're just lazy and want do it in the last minute. If they followed the plan I proposed, we would have finished like 3 weeks ago. Instead, I have poeple who ask me what they have to do ( which I told them like a million times), giving me some of the work they're suppose to do, and I have like no idea what they have done so fare. The deadline is tuesday btw.

Well at that point it all comes down to people just being shittier than you.
Also, I asked myself that question a thousand times, at some point I realized that there isn't anything you can do about it, but you can make use of it.

If you can't find people that truly feel like they are equal to you, or understand you in any significant way, then you should use your strengths to help them whenever possible instead, everyone is different and people are generally stupid in varying ways.
If the people you are working with don't hold up their end of the deal even after you set up a plan and told them what they need to do and so on, then that's their loss in the end.

At some point though, you'll encounter a person who finds it easy to understand you properly, someone you can instinctively rely on as much as they can rely on you, an equal.

In the last 20 weeks of working on my senior project, i know what that's like. It's myself, my friend and another classmate who are programmers with one designer. Over the last 20 weeks, our classmate has been similar at times where he'll wait till the last second to work on a part, or not do any work on it outside of the classtime given to us.

Oberon

Banned
They dont sound like friends to me, Oberon.

Nah, they're just young.
Those two girls should be quite familiar to you

Well at that point it all comes down to people just being shittier than you.
Also, I asked myself that question a thousand times, at some point I realized that there isn't anything you can do about it, but you can make use of it.

If you can't find people that truly feel like they are equal to you, or understand you in any significant way, then you should use your strengths to help them whenever possible instead, everyone is different and people are generally stupid in varying ways.
If the people you are working with don't hold up their end of the deal even after you set up a plan and told them what they need to do and so on, then that's their loss in the end.

At some point though, you'll encounter a person who finds it easy to understand you properly, someone you can instinctively rely on as much as they can rely on you, an equal.

I'm in a weird situation. Because technically, they should be better than me at this. I am really bad at writing in french, and I need their help to correct what I write.
I tried to explain that it's important to plan in advance and that the point of this project is actually to learn how to research a subject properly, and that's more important than the grade.
Guess they have to learn it the hard way some day.

In the last 20 weeks of working on my senior project, i know what that's like. It's myself, my friend and another classmate who are programmers with one designer. Over the last 20 weeks, our classmate has been similar at times where he'll wait till the last second to work on a part, or not do any work on it outside of the classtime given to us.

As long as it's not as crazy as taking ritalin to do the half of an year long project the day before.
that was one crazy story

That paints a fantastic picture.

I'm pretty proud of it.

PAT VS THE NEW 3DS: THE GIF
UxLMrVU.gif

New Personas for the whole party.
I stopped caring about skills and went for highest levels I could get in good/great affinity. I did the right thing, right?

Robert Downey JR. trying to help kids all over the world and saving the Global Shawarma Economy.
remember when the Simpsons made a gag about him taking people hostage on a cocaine fueled rampage back in the 90s? he's sure come a long way.

It really is weird to think about how bad he was in the gutter nowadays. It's practically wiped from my memory

New Personas for the whole party.
I stopped caring about skills and went for highest levels I could get in good/great affinity. I did the right thing, right?
I'd go for the skills
Oh god this Cathedral of Shadows Halloween podcast.

There's nothing more scary than persona 3 fanfic.
Was it the one with koro and peanut butter? I vagually remember one that I fell asleap to. Ihave to re listen to that one.

Top Bottom