• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Xiraiya

Oh, I completely got what Angry said wrong then. 25 episodes is fantastic!

I'm dropping off after that, to read it then.
You should at least watch the first half of Part 3 and then read from there, no point ignoring a perfectly good set of 24 episodes.

Nah. Long shonens are great. Nothing better than being 60+ episodes into something and you're not even at the hypest part yet.
That's true for Gintama and stuff like One Piece, but things like Naruto and Bleach definitely soured that kind of format for people.

Give Yukari and Junpei a chance. Do the Liz quests. I'd say play P3 and P4 blind mostly tho.
Yeah I am, it was mostly for "You can do this thing" kind of stuff
Slow Start.

Junpei is a great character
Is it because he's da man?
Take and make lots of Homunculuses, there's nothing worst than dying to random Hama or Mudo when your an hour in to the Tarturus.
Okay this I needed to know, thanks.
I wasn't even that good with her, just picked her up today. I've seen her do scarier stuff.
I hadn't fought her before so I wasn't sure what to do against her.

Nah. Long shonens are great. Nothing better than being 60+ episodes into something and you're not even at the hypest part yet.
...Why?
You should at least watch the first half of Part 3 and then read from there, no point ignoring a perfectly good set of 24 episodes.

That's true for Gintama and stuff like One Piece, but things like Naruto and Bleach definitely soured that kind of format for people.
I guess I'll do it if I like it enough.

Since I never watched shonens, it was Code Geass S2 that soured me on long series in general.

croten

...Why?

I guess I'll do it if I like it enough.

Since I never watched shonens, it was Code Geass S2 that soured me on long series in general.

The good thing about Jojo is that each part focuses on new characters in a new setting with new villains, stops it from getting stale.

The build up for the really hype stuff. Obviously the pacing is extremely important, which is why stuff like Naruto and Bleach are an absolute mess and why One Piece (anime) has been slumping hard since Marineford.

But stuff that does pacing well, like Gintama, Hunter x Hunter, and Ippo, keep you engrossed and know when to slow things down and build them up. And these shows have proven that the payoff is more than worth it.

managed to get one of my old laptops working so Baldurs Gate playthrough might still be a go
sucks though as no graphic intensive games till my laptop screen is fixed
also i never thought id live to see the day Kojima leaves Metal Gear
Platinum should snag him then we can get the Kojimya game weve always wanted

Xiraiya

The build up for the really hype stuff. Obviously the pacing is extremely important, which is why stuff like Naruto and Bleach are an absolute mess and why One Piece (anime) has been slumping hard since Marineford.
But stuff that does pacing well, like Gintama, Hunter x Hunter, and Ippo, keep you engrossed and know when to slow things down and build them up. And these shows have proven that the payoff is more than worth it.
I can't speak for Ippo but HxH is likable but nothing amazing until Chimera Ant, that one goddamn arc makes the entire series.

It's not, but it did sour me on anything past 26 episodes and anime.
That's ridiculous.

New Mechaweek video. This time Front Mission 3. This aughta be something.

Also, Woolie has been picking the best songs for these intros and outros. Macross OP theme, so good.

360pages

Actually, short Anime tend to be phased out of my mind sooner. Not super bad, but I tend to actually remember DBZ more than say Gurran.

I can't speak for Ippo but HxH is likable but nothing amazing until Chimera Ant, that one goddamn arc makes the entire series.

I agree. I really liked stuff like Yorknew and Greed Island (I do like the whole show though), but it's definitely nothing special until that arc. But damn that arc is too good. The
narration during the actual operation really helps sell the dread.

So going to start FES in a while. Anything I should keep in mind besides use the bathroom and fat kid is a shit?

Okay. I'm pretty sure I linked this to you already, but in case I didn't here's the persona starter guide.

Some other things you should keep in mind are

Hang out with all your s links (even the ones you don't like).
Make sure to max out the Strength and Emperor S Links.
Don't fuse away your starting persona until you get the compendium.
Make sure to use the tactics commands.
Spend as little time as possible in dungeons.
Try do as many of Liz's quests as possible (especially the hangout ones)

There's some other stuff, but you'll figure it out yourself.

Man...I just realized I've never played a Front Mission game despite hearing plenty about it. This stuff being shown in FM3 looks incredible.

I need to make time for this at some point in the future.

Okay. I'm pretty sure I linked this to you already, but in case I didn't here's the persona starter guide.

Some other things you should keep in mind are

Hang out with all your s links (even the ones you don't like).
Make sure to max out the Strength and Emperor S Links.
Don't fuse away your starting persona until you get the compendium.
Make sure to use the tactics commands.
Spend as little time as possible in dungeons.
Try do as many of Liz's quests as possible (especially the hangout ones)

There's some other stuff, but you'll figure it out yourself.

Wait, why?

Listening to the Jojo OST when I come across a song called overdrive with rapping in it and a thought comes to me "is this Lotus Juice?" and what do you know...it was Lotus Juice.

Top Bottom