• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

360pages

Goddamn, the History of Trunks special is a lot more emotional than it has a right of being. Then again, Dragon Ball always had sudden spikes of emotional writing that makes me think that it could be more serious if it wanted. (Not that I would want it to be considering that those moments work so well because of the light nature of the series.)

mike0dude

Toast tho
pslr.png

You don't love Manic Pixie Dream Girls plot lines? They are usually okay, since they lead to a interesting adventure most of the time.

Its lazy writing.

1, Awkward dude is awkward
2. Awkward dude meets quirky girl
3. Bullshit happens and they start dating
4. "Fun Adventures"
5. They break up.

This leads to two possible endings

6a. They get back together
6b. They don't get back together but Awkward dude admits that dating her brought him out of his shell

I should have studied more

or...
original.jpg

Goddamn, the History of Trunks special is a lot more emotional than it has a right of being. Then again, Dragon Ball always had sudden spikes of emotional writing that makes me think that it could be more serious if it wanted. (Not that I would want it to be considering that those moments work so well because of the light nature of the series.)

That movie freaked me out as a kid. I got my hands on it at a flea market or something and I wasn't ready for the real DragonBall

Anung

Un Rama
History of Trunks gets me every time ;_; also shows us the Gohan we deserve instead of lame post cell games gohan.

Finally started Resi Revelations 2 and damn its good.

360pages

Its lazy writing.

4. "Fun Adventures"
5. They break up.

6b. They don't get back together but Awkward dude admits that dating her brought him out of his shell

Hmm, it really depends on the writing. Since depending on how it's told even when played straight it could be fun. Though this one seems more playing it straight rather than playing up the comedy.

360pages

History of Trunks gets me every time ;_; also shows us the Gohan we deserve instead of lame post cell games gohan.

Finally started Resi Revelations 2 and damn its good.

This agree with, Future Gohan is a hell of a lot better character than the Buu Saga Gohan. I know he never really liked fighting and usually only did it because he had to...but still him being completely useless in most situation does no one any favors.

What becomes of us is probably the best piece of music I've heard in a game all year.

Sorry hotline Miami 2
Nah. Plus, I haven't even heard Bloodborne and it beats this at it's own game.
Its lazy writing.

4. "Fun Adventures"
5. They break up.

Manic Pixie Dream Guy is better anyway

360pages

Nah. Plus, I haven't even heard Bloodborne and it beats this at it's own game.

Manic Pixie Dream Guy is better anyway

That's mostly because the male character is played for laughs and is rarely ever played straight. The same thing happens with the Queen of the School/ Perfect Girl trope a lot of anime's used compared to the Gender swapped version.

Usually the male on is played for laughs and as a gag, while the female is played more straight.

Its still kinda of lazy.

The worst is the male character from A Fault in our Stars
I basically agree with 360, the best ones are in comedies that don't take itself as seriously, ala Scott Pilgrim (the comic, I haven't seen the movie).
I enjoy the big bombastic song of "yeah, you are going to win!" over the soundtrack of getting fucking killed over and over and over again.

I am still buying the CE of BB for that soundtrack and artbook tho...

sjay1994

So, I am a scrub when it comes to FF.

I've only played X, type 0 and a bit of the 14 reborn beta.

The games have fun battle systems and good music, but man are these stories fucking nothing.

I fucking hate X's story a lot. Stupid fucking hippies and their dumb little pilgrimage, and dumb romance, and Seyemour, the worst fucking villian I have ever seen. I am actually insulted they tried to play him of as a good guy in the first half.

Look at this fuckers character design,

Seymour_Guado_Battle_Render.png

Fuck you, I will judge a book by its cover.

beinfilms

Yeah, I am counting games I have played......

Because if I counted Sins of the Father, this would actually be no fucking contest.

WORDS THAT KILL!

KOJIMA SPEAK THEM TO ME!

Honestly, all three (four, if you count the GZ intro) trailer songs have been phenomenal. (With Nuclear as the still fairly strong weak link.) But then, why am I surprised that the series that brought us mother fucking Snake Eater has good music?

360pages

I wish one time either a pokemon game or a FF game shows the obvious villain right off. Like the Team villain that tries to pass of being a regular trainer/researcher in every pokemon game...only for them to actually be a regular researcher/ good guy. And have the obvious champion character being the villain.

X/Y would have been a lot more interesting in Diantha was the villain with wanting to remain beautiful forever rather than the cookie cutter shit.

Top Bottom