• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Imbalanced. What is the purpose of each Pokemon.

Floatzel is pretty bad without rain, but rain nerfs Blaziken. What is Umbreon doing? Is it a dual screener? Magic Bounce anti-lead? If not, it's useless. Whose your lead? Roles?

Competitive team building is about understanding the roles of every Pokemon on your team, and not wasting a valuable slot.
You seem to know your competitive pokemon, how's about tell me what you think of my crappy toxic stall team.
-Blissy- SP.DEF tank with toxic
-Aegislash- I'm sure you know what Aegislash does. Also has toxic
-Wobbuffet- I just like him. Normally can take out 1 or 2 pokemons for free if I can predict what kind of move their using. Has encore
-Amoomgus- just an extra sponge with toxic and synthesis
-Mega Mawile- physical sweeper
-Lucario- SP.atk sweeper
I know this ain't a competitive team, it's just used for fun.

I'll love to be your Bloodborne buddy. And I'm gonna invade so god damn hard, hoping for a spot in the LP.

I don't even care if I win, if I can draw salt, I'll be the happiest man in all of Montana...

PvP souls isn't about winning. Its about how you win and the only way to do it is in the most salt inducing way possible.

What a scrub. Even at the age of 14 you were a scrub.

tumblr_inline_n4eon85RKG1qe310v.jpg

I just saw the Konami-Kojima press release about TPP, (it seems kind of silly that we needed a press release to say that this game that's pretty much done being made isn't going to have a last minute director change, but it's nice to get confirmation, I suppose) and it reminded me that Kojima's name isn't on the game anymore.

Fuck Konami.

#Kojimaisgod

I hate hashtags, but I kind of want that to become a thing that's trending.

... It's getting harder to believe this is a work...
#SweetSelfDelusion

Well I was gonna make him support anyways.
That's good. Now, what's the need for three physical sweepers on the team. I'm assuming that Lucario is running physical, because if it isn't, what's it doing on the team at all?
Wow you guys are welcoming, it's the first time I've had this treatment on the internet. I feel loved. <3

PSN account right now on PS3 is p4nd4st1c and howdoigetgood.

See you guys in Bloodborne.
We are the friendliest community on the Neo. We love everyone.
May your hunt be great.
Umbasa.

360pages

You seem to know your competitive pokemon, how's about tell me what you think of my crappy toxic stall team.
-Wobbuffet- I just like him. Normally can take out 1 or 2 pokemons for free if I can predict what kind of move their using. Has encore
-Lucario- SP.atk sweeper

Actually San, I noticed you biggest problem is that you think very one turn at a time. You actually could have switched in you Wobbuffet right after my Toxicrok KOd your pokemon and it would have been a free kill. But you decided to switch in other pokemon. Losing valuable team members that could have countered some of my later pokemon.

That's good. Now, what's the need for three physical sweepers on the team. I'm assuming that Lucario is running physical, because if it isn't, what's it doing on the team at all?

We are the friendliest community on the Neo. We love everyone.
May your hunt be great.
Umbasa.
Yeah him and Blaziken.

-Lucario- SP.atk sweeper

Any fire/fighting type with decent speed (think Infernape) would destroy 5/6 of your team. If you ran a team like that you'd have to keep Wobbuffet alive as long as you can.

Wow you guys are welcoming, it's the first time I've had this treatment on the internet. I feel loved. <3

PSN account right now on PS3 is p4nd4st1c and howdoigetgood.

See you guys in Bloodborne.
If there is one thing that can be said of us it is that we are weird. Also we are the nicest community on the site
He's before Iced.

(Btw Vanilla Ice is gonna be called Iced in the subs)

DDR dance pad lets do it
Yes
Got it. Thanks

Alfebit

Banned
Lurker Post,

I don't post a lot here (cause I'm out of the loop) but since Bloodborne's coming out in a couple of days, I'm wondering if anyone here wants to be Bloodborne buddies.

Just an Idea, I'd love to PVP Pat, Woolie, and a lot of zaibatsu here when the game drops.

Yo mang. My PSN is the same as my GAF handle. I'm not 100% on how PVP works but I'll be sure to look out for you.

Any fire/fighting type with decent speed (think Infernape) would destroy 5/6 of your team. If you ran a team like that you'd have to keep Wobbuffet alive as long as you can.

Yeah that crit you got on my blaziken was what saved you honestly if i hi jump kick or low kick i think it wouldve killed your pokes alot faster.

-Lucario- SP.atk sweeper

For a casual stall team, this is great. As the meta shifts towards hyper offensive, you rarely see stall teams anymore.

-Lucario is not a great special sweeper. In fact, Aegislash is a superior one.
-Aegislash operates better with 3 attacks+King's Shield. There is a reason why it got banned, and stall wasn't one of them
-Wobbuffet got super hurt by the encore nerf, but is still a fun Pokemon, that can net a kill if used properly. No complaints

Overall, this is a solid team. No real holes or gaps here. Just a little bit of optimization, and bam, you have a monster on your side.

That's why there needs to be optimaztion. Lucario can be replaced with a Quagsire or Gastrodon (Quagsire is better, because of Recover, but it's up to you) and Aegislash can run 3 attacks+King's Shield, and the team will flow better.

Actually San, I noticed you biggest problem is that you think very one turn at a time. You actually could have switched in you Wobbuffet right after my Toxicrok KOd your pokemon and it would have been a free kill. But you decided to switch in other pokemon. Losing valuable team members that could have countered some of my later pokemon.
I have a problem debating whether or not I should bring out wobbuffet early in the match. If it's a pokemon that can use both special and physical attacks then I would have a 50/50 guess to see if I get the correct one. So basically I try to see as many of my opponents pokemons and moves before I throw him out. But by then the damage had already been done.

Hehe yea. 360 pages wiped out above 4 of my pokemons with a single flygon with earthquake.

Also I lost about 3-4 hours of progress in etrian odyssey, stupid plants making everyone fall asleep while getting beat on by the other monsters.

I have a problem debating whether or not I should bring out wobbuffet early in the match. If it's a pole on that can use both special and physical attacks then I would have a 50/50 guess to see if I get the correct one. So basically I try to see as many of my opponents pokemons and moves before I throw him out. But by then the damage had already been done.

That's what encore is for. Taking the guess work out of the equation.

360pages

I have a problem debating whether or not I should bring out wobbuffet early in the match. If it's a pole on that can use both special and physical attacks then I would have a 50/50 guess to see if I get the correct one. So basically I try to see as many of my opponents pokemons and moves before I throw him out. But by then the damage had already been done.

Hehe yea. 360 pages wiped out above 4 of my pokemons with a single flygon with earthquake.

Also I lost about 3-4 hours of progress in etrian odyssey, stupid plants making everyone fall asleep while getting beat on by the other monsters.

You also sometimes need to make a prediction. Toxicroak is rarely ever mixed. I already had used swords dance making it even more likely I was pure physical.

That's what encore is for. Taking the guess work out of the equation.
I have a bad habit of thinking wobbuffet can't take more than 2 or 3 hits With most pokemon so I tend to think he'll die straight after I use encore. I should really stop thinking like that.

You also sometimes need to make a prediction. Toxicroak is rarely ever mixed. I already had used swords dance making it even more likely I was pure physical.
Never faced a toxicroak before so I wouldn't know, though I should of seen it with the swords dance.
Been thinking I should replace lucario with greninja with his hidden ability and toxic spike. That way I can remove toxic from Aegislash and give him another attack and the opponents pokemon with get toxic from 2 spikes when they come in.

I need to go to bed. It's like 6am now.

sjay1994

So... I was just going through the thread cuz I couldn't really read it while posting the hunger games stuff...

But did Oberon actually ignore me because I didn't put him on the thing?

Its nothing personal dude, I just took people on the thread who were on the night I said I was going to do the thing.

Zenfalcia

So... I was just going through the thread cuz I couldn't really read it while posting the hunger games stuff...

Its nothing personal dude, I just took people on the thread who were on the night I said I was going to do the thing.
It's probably a joke.

demidar

I-i-it's not like I want to be included in your Hunger Games anyway, b-baka!

sjay1994

Fuck it.

I'll raise the roster to 36 next time.

Might as well include a prize or something. Someone should get something for you guys putting up with my death game bullshit

korra guy that isn't jman does it when people disagree with him

as a joke though

Top Bottom