• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

You'd be giving yourself $10 every time.
Sailor_Moon-wink.jpg

beinfilms

One last thing before I leave you all for the night (holy shit, it's already 4?)

I decided to rewatch the Rooster Teeth Bayonetta 5 facts video (I don't know why, maybe I just hate feeling good about the world), and was pleasantly surprised to see that the top to comments were from Woolie M and TheSw1tcher. I'm sure I'm SUPER LTTP on this, but I don't care, I found it funny.

joe2187

Banned
One last thing before I leave you all for the night (holy shit, it's already 4?)

I decided to rewatch the Rooster Teeth Bayonetta 5 facts video (I don't know why, maybe I just hate feeling good about the world), and was pleasantly surprised to see that the top to comments were from Woolie M and TheSw1tcher. I'm sure I'm SUPER LTTP on this, but I don't care, I found it funny.

How could even read YT comments.

I made the mistake of reading the YT comments of an IGN video review the other day and my brain has yet to recover.

Zenfalcia

There's nothing wrong about liking to feel bad all the time.
How could even read YT comments.

I made the mistake of reading the YT comments of an IGN video review the other day and my brain has yet to recover.
You got caught up in their rhythm! You gotta break out of it!

I have a feeling most people in here won't agree with you.

But I do.
I'm sorrrrrta biased because I hate the "comedy cartoon for adults" setup with all my heart already, but from what I've seen and had quoted at me through highschool, it's kinda actively terrible.
South Park is incredibly dumb. But that's what I enjoy about it.

I'm no huge fan, which is why I didn't play the game, but it's a fucking fantastic show when it's good. When it's not... Yeah. It's pretty bad.
I won't argue it doesn't succeed at what it's trying to do, I guess. So that's nice.

Skrams

Ok, I took the 48 top posters.

I am going to do the thing tomorrow.

Winner is getting choice of 20-25 dollar PSN/Nintendo/Steam/XBLA card.

Unless my counting is bad I'm at 50. Welp.

Also not sure why people bother saying South Park is dumb. That's some of the point. Some of the other point is the fact it has its finger to the pulse on what's going on at the time. Shit like that recentish Freemium Games episode are real great.

So its like 7 am and im still kind of drunk but like RealGaf:

, I hate when you ask a girl out, and she turns you down, or you've been dating for a bit and they say its not really working out romantically and they want to still be friends, but you don't want to be friends with them and they get like all mad and shit. Like, what the hell, It's extremely hard to be friends with someone you have feelings for. Doing so will drive you crazy, because ive done it before.

Skrams

Replace 'dumb' with 'not entertaining or enjoyable'.

Those people are wrong, but okay. Show isn't just poop and jew jokes anymore. It does some great things. The recent season had some good nerd shit even with episodes on Freemium Games, Oculus Rift, Lets Players, Kickstarter, and Magic The Gathering. If you're not stubborn then I'd give the Freemium Games one a watch since it's on point as hell. Also available on hulu so it's easy access.

YEAH I FOUND A OREIMO BUT IT'S GOT A BIG FAT BORDER AROUND IT BUT OH WELL I GUESS

I understand we're going to watch Oreimo because we hate ourselves, but I still get a chuckle when I see something like South Park is dumb and then we just talk about some other dumb anime. Also yeah I've watched Oreimo. It's an okay SoL and it's not complete hating ourselves.

Those people are wrong, but okay. Show isn't just poop and jew jokes anymore. It does some great things. The recent season had some good nerd shit even with episodes on Freemium Games, Oculus Rift, Lets Players, Kickstarter, and Magic The Gathering. If you're not stubborn then I'd give the Freemium Games one a watch since it's on point as hell. Also available on hulu so it's easy access.
I can try and give an episode or a few, sure. I did the same for Family Guy, Simpsons, and I watched like 25 episodes of Gintama.

I'm sorta becoming convinced I hate the "episodic comedy cartoon" set up. Or it's a weird coincidence.
I understand we're going to watch Oreimo because we hate ourselves, but I still get a chuckle when I see something like South Park is dumb and then we just talk about some other dumb anime. Also yeah I've watched Oreimo. It's an okay SoL and it's not complete hating ourselves.
I just accidentally watched that first episode of OreImo and I'm now really depressed this show goes sour.

Oberon

Banned
So its like 7 am and im still kind of drunk but like RealGaf:

, I hate when you ask a girl out, and she turns you down, or you've been dating for a bit and they say its not really working out romantically and they want to still be friends, but you don't want to be friends with them and they get like all mad and shit. Like, what the hell, It's extremely hard to be friends with someone you have feelings for. Doing so will drive you crazy, because ive done it before.

Were you here around thread 5? Because I got live rejected while describing the whole thing on gaf. It's pretty hilarious actually, it's around page 215 (50pp)
She had a boyfriend, but we still hang out. Later on I confessed that I still had feelings for her, and that it might not be ok to hang out. She was quite understanding, and said that we could still hang out, as long as it doesn't hurt me. So it really depends on the person. I guess, if the other persona doesn't want to have a relatinship, then you have to tell them how you feel and try to move on.

I hate the snow.

When can this shit end?

There's still snow in NY?

Numb

You just did too much at once. It's gotta be a constant drip.

Also it's kinda early here, but anyone wanna play Skullgirls?
Yeah i never played a game that much that fast ever. It was released on a holiday so there were days where all i did was play it, sleep then play some more thanks to the snow.
The perfect snowstorm made of crack.

Next you'll be telling me that snorting Cocaine off of a hookers tits is bad for you.
Pat does it all the time and he looks fin-
Ok its not good for you at all

Skrams

I'm not particularly a fan of South Park either. I don't really like or dislike them, it's generally just not for me. Their shtick often seems to be "let's take a relevant subject, exaggerate it a couple of million times and pretend we say something meaningful as we fill the episode with the usual gay, jew, whatever joke."

Still, not all of them are like this and there are a some episodes I like (Like faith +1), but it's not for me.

I'm not deep in the dank hole of South Park, but I paid attention this last season because of the nerd shit. I don't really have a problem that there's a semi often pattern. I think they mostly just present a frank view of the subjects they do usually while also exaggerating bits because it's a satire comedy. Maybe I just overlook the gay or jew jokes for some reason, but I feel like those only happen once or twice an episode as well.

I can try and give an episode or a few, sure. I did the same for Family Guy, Simpsons, and I watched like 25 episodes of Gintama.

I'm sorta becoming convinced I hate the "episodic comedy cartoon" set up. Or it's a weird coincidence.

I just accidentally watched that first episode of OreImo and I'm now really depressed this show goes sour.

Your shit is a little skewed since you watched stuff like Family Guy which is a show that lives off references or remember that one time, which I personally dislike. The Simpsons depends if you watched the best seasons or not sort of. I'm also 83 episodes deep into the Gintama hole and I don't think the first 25 episodes stand out that much compared to the later stuff. If that's a problem or not of Gintama is a different thing altogether.

I personally can't get behind the everything needs a plot always progressing forward mentality or whatever mentality it is that allows people to not enjoy an episode to episode thing. For something like a Law and Order where it mostly just feels like junk food then yeah, I get it. For legit stuff like an Adventure Time or Gintama? I'm fine with that.

Also man, I don't remember Oreimo ever being anything better than okay. I don't know how you were disappointed. I guess I'll see if I eat my words later during the rewatch.

Also snow sucks and I'm glad Kentucky is finally sitting somewhere in the 50s to 60s or whatever the fuck it is I don't check the weather reports something temperatures.

Your shit is a little skewed since you watched stuff like Family Guy which is a show that lives off references or remember that one time, which I personally dislike. The Simpsons depends if you watched the best seasons or not sort of. I'm also 83 episodes deep into the Gintama hole and I don't think the first 25 episodes stand out that much compared to the later stuff. If that's a problem or not of Gintama is a different thing altogether.

I personally can't get behind the everything needs a plot always progressing forward mentality or whatever mentality it is that allows people to not enjoy an episode to episode thing. For something like a Law and Order where it mostly just feels like junk food then yeah, I get it. For legit stuff like an Adventure Time or Gintama? I'm fine with that.

Also man, I don't remember Oreimo ever being anything better than okay. I don't know how you were disappointed. I guess I'll see if I eat my words later during the rewatch.

Also snow sucks and I'm glad Kentucky is finally sitting somewhere in the 50s to 60s or whatever the fuck it is I don't check the weather reports something temperatures.
Yeah, it's probably not what they have in common that makes me dislike them, it's just a weird thread.

It's not that I need a "plot progression" type of show, I like Bebop just fine and Psych is one of my favorite TV shows (and would have been better without any ongoing plot.) Mostly it's just the episodic nature coupled with disinterest leads to my extreme disinterest, maybe. There's not even a thread to follow.

Gintama was weird though, just because I liked the characters and kinda slow burn feel, but I didn't ever really enjoy it. I dunno if it's weird to not like a show but really like the characters, but yeah.

I dunno, I'm a bit of a sucker for SOL.

Kentucky Master Race

Adventure Time is great too, btw.

Numb

I just watch all of a thing if i start it even if it gets good or bad i continue watching.
I realize i have really low standards and not easily offended.
I did finish Twilight too so my standards are in question. I should not have admitted that even though i watched it cos it makes me laugh.

I got the 2 week trial Crunchyroll pass last night just to watch a few episodes of Oreimo.

It has its moments, but it's not hype as Tonari no Seki-Kun.

I just watch all of a thing if i start it even if it gets good or bad i continue watching.
I realize i have really low standards and not easily offended.
I did finish Twilight too so my standards are in question. I should not have admitted that even though i watched it cos it makes me laugh.
Finishing a show is really really hard for me, sometimes even if I love it. Like, I started Ippo months and months back, and I'm on episode 25 of 75.

I have bursts of marathoning a thing, and that's all I can make myself do for a week or more.
I go into the instasynch room and find Oreimo playing.

Awwwwww yeah, get hype!
NO DONT LOOK YET ITS FOR LATER

Numb

Finishing a show is really really hard for me, sometimes even if I love it. Like, I started Ippo months and months back, and I'm on episode 25 of 75.

I have that problem too. I recommended both The Wire and Walking dead when i was watching them to a friend and he finished before me. He now tells me to finish Walking dead everytime i see him for the last 2 yrs. If they have a mid-season break i have a very hard time getting back to a show. I need it every week till the end of the season or i will lose interest. Or it being completed already so i can watch in one go.

Top Bottom