• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

FIxcch2.jpg

1alXofe.png

I would have snapped in that situation

I can't count the amount of times I had to remind her who a character was. If it wasn't Grimmer or Lunge she didn't remember.

I was think of trying to do that with my mother since we usually have a couple of shows that we watch but at the moment we are only watching Better Call Saul. I've heard many times that it is a show for people who don't like anime, should I give it a try?

Oh, absolutely. If your mom can follow things it'll be a great watch.

beinfilms

I just saw the Konami-Kojima press release about TPP, (it seems kind of silly that we needed a press release to say that this game that's pretty much done being made isn't going to have a last minute director change, but it's nice to get confirmation, I suppose) and it reminded me that Kojima's name isn't on the game anymore.

Fuck Konami.

#Kojimaisgod

I hate hashtags, but I kind of want that to become a thing that's trending.

question what do you guys think of the team blaziken, Lucario, Mega-gardevoir, Garchomp, Umbreon, and floatzel?

Imbalanced. What is the purpose of each Pokemon.

Floatzel is pretty bad without rain, but rain nerfs Blaziken. What is Umbreon doing? Is it a dual screener? Magic Bounce anti-lead? If not, it's useless. Whose your lead? Roles?

Competitive team building is about understanding the roles of every Pokemon on your team, and not wasting a valuable slot.

Lurker Post,

I don't post a lot here (cause I'm out of the loop) but since Bloodborne's coming out in a couple of days, I'm wondering if anyone here wants to be Bloodborne buddies.

Just an Idea, I'd love to PVP Pat, Woolie, and a lot of zaibatsu here when the game drops.

Floatzel is pretty bad without rain, but rain nerfs Blaziken. What is Umbreon doing? Is it a dual screener? Magic Bounce anti-lead? If not, it's useless. Whose your lead? Roles?

Competitive team building is about understanding the roles of every Pokemon on your team, and not wasting a valuable slot.

But how do I know what each pokemon should be doing?

Lurker Post,

I don't post a lot here (cause I'm out of the loop) but since Bloodborne's coming out in a couple of days, I'm wondering if anyone here wants to be Bloodborne buddies.

Just an Idea, I'd love to PVP Pat, Woolie, and a lot of zaibatsu here when the game drops.

None of us are in the loop anyway.

And sure! PSN is xarab4lyfex (I MADE IT WHEN I WAS 14 PG) so add me!

Lurker Post,

Welcome to the thread! You should post here more tho. Just talk about anything and we will try to respond. Remember your here forever. Don't be afraid to post

But how do I know what each pokemon should be doing?

Movelists and stat allocation.

For Umbreon, lets be honest, it's stats are pitiful offensively, so you have to focus on support. Luckily, Umbreon gets fantastic support options like Wish, Light Screen, Reflect, and Baton Pass. So logically, the only way you are getting anything out of Umbreon is to is to run support.

Now, you can try and get people with an offensive Umbreon, but 65/60 offenses, with a pitiful STAB is set up bait.

360pages

This.

My team sis Ferrothorn, Garchomp (or Flygon depending on the ruleset) Exedrill (or Terrakion depending on the battle). Scizor Hippodon and Nidoking

Ferrothorn acts as my status inducer and my water blocker, while being a good physical wall. Along with Hippodon who acts as a wall with Stockpile and slack off and can poison with Toxic. He also starts Sandstorms.

Garchomp is usually my cleaner or my breaker depending on how early he is played and Exedrill is unstable once the sand is up and carrying a life orb.

NidoKing is my special attacker with Choice Scarf and elemental attack.

Scizor has my priority move as well as being my mega.

This is just a rough outline though. Not even getting into my EV spreads and what not.

mrmyhthef

When is
Vanilla Ice
?

Second to last guy. We'll probably see him around episode 41 or so.
I just saw the Konami-Kojima press release about TPP, (it seems kind of silly that we needed a press release to say that this game that's pretty much done being made isn't going to have a last minute director change, but it's nice to get confirmation, I suppose) and it reminded me that Kojima's name isn't on the game anymore.

Fuck Konami.

#Kojimaisgod

I hate hashtags, but I kind of want that to become a thing that's trending.

#fuckhashtags

Lurker Post,

Yo, welcome. I'm totally unaware of how Bloodborne PvP works cause I'm cold turkey on information till it comes out, but go ahead and add me on PSN if you want. Same as my GAF name.

Lurker Post,

I'll love to be your Bloodborne buddy. And I'm gonna invade so god damn hard, hoping for a spot in the LP.

I don't even care if I win, if I can draw salt, I'll be the happiest man in all of Montana...

Movelists and stat allocation.

For Umbreon, lets be honest, it's stats are pitiful offensively, so you have to focus on support. Luckily, Umbreon gets fantastic support options like Wish, Light Screen, Reflect, and Baton Pass. So logically, the only way you are getting anything out of Umbreon is to is to run support.

Now, you can try and get people with an offensive Umbreon, but 65/60 offenses, with a pitiful STAB is set up bait.

Well I was gonna make him support anyways.

I'll love to be your Bloodborne buddy. And I'm gonna invade so god damn hard, hoping for a spot in the LP.

I don't even care if I win, if I can draw salt, I'll be the happiest man in all of Montana...
I hope we can still do gimmick builds like in Souls. I need to be the dumbest, most impractical thing possible.

Zenfalcia

Lurker Post,

Hello lurker. Post more, it's fun.
None of us are in the loop anyway.

And sure! PSN is xarab4lyfex (I MADE IT WHEN I WAS 14 PG) so add me!
What a scrub. Even at the age of 14 you were a scrub.

Wow you guys are welcoming, it's the first time I've had this treatment on the internet. I feel loved. <3

PSN account right now on PS3 is p4nd4st1c and howdoigetgood.

See you guys in Bloodborne.

Lurker Post,

Don't worry, I don't think any of us know what actually goes on in here. You can add me, my PSN is TC300278
Second to last guy. We'll probably see him around episode 41 or so.
#fuckhashtags
any hints on when Petshop is showing up? Is he after Hol Horse and Boingo?

Top Bottom