• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Eppie

Neo Member
Wait how do you know who lyn is and not what Hector Hard mode is
wat
did you play the game or not
If you didn't play HHM the answer is clearly no

Okay don't make fun of me but I didn't get that HHM meant hectors hard mode. Like, I always just though of it as like Hector's story. Not like a big title Hector's Hard Mode. Sorry, I'm dumb.

It's hard for me to say who's the best FE character, because honestly the franchise has put out some AMAZING designs/personalities.
I think maybe we can all agree that Radiant Dawn was the weakest not great thing ever though
While I agree radiant dawn wasn't the best, it's still my favourite Fire Emblem game. Fire emblem Gaiden was the worst

Thinking about books, I want to talk about an author I like. Danny Wallace, who some of you may know as Shaun in Assassin's Creed and the narrator in Thomas Was Alone. I love his books such as Yes Man and Join Me. I definitely recommend his work.

semisonic

Banned
Were you seduced by my avatar and realized that im the top tier friender?

Well, most of the cast was useless compared to Hector. That guy almost breaks the game.

Lyn is, gameplay wise, not particularly amazing, but she's too awesome to not have in your team.
Lyn really depends on how you leveled her up. She can fucking carry all day.
There's some other surefire top tiers in that game, too.
Hector, ofc.
Jaffar.
Any pegasus knight or wyvern knight has the potential to be a goddamn beast.
Sain has such incredible str growth he can do the work of 3 paladins
And let's not even talk about
the old and deep fucker that isAthos.
No deaths runs of that game are goddamn really hard to do, especially if you recruit everyone. It's just fucking brutal, doubly so if its on h mode or hhm.

Eppie

Neo Member
No deaths runs of that game are goddamn really hard to do, especially if you recruit everyone. It's just fucking brutal, doubly so if its on h mode or hhm.

I actually haven't played FE7 on hard, but I did beat Awakening on Lunatic. I can't bear to let any characters die. I have to restart. It took me like a full 6 months to beat Lunatic and almost threw my 3DS on multiple occasions.

Having watched the majority of the Universal Century shows of Gundam I am a space traitor through and through, especially after seeing how the federation does business.

FUCKING SPACE TRAITOR
The only gundams I really seen are G and OO and I barely understood what was happening in OO. in actuallity I'm Neo America all the way.

I'm sure it is.
IT'S ACTUALLY FUN
I can't find a gif of how fucking fast you move using sprint.

giphy.gif

Pfft all these FE7 Lords. Ain't got nothing on some of radiant dawn units.
I know, I know it's not a fair comparison because tier 3 class.

semisonic

Banned
I actually haven't played FE7 on hard, but I did beat Awakening on Lunatic. I can't bear to let any characters die. I have to restart. It took me like a full 6 months to beat Lunatic and almost threw my 3DS on multiple occasions.

Beating FE7 on hard is okay.
Beating FE7 on hector hard is fucking ridiculous.
It's not as bad s like FE4 but it's all well designed challenge.

Laputa_94

FUCKING SPACE TRAITOR
The only gundams I really seen are G and OO and I barely understood what was happening in OO. in actuallity I'm Neo America all the way.

Yeah I have not watched any of the alternate universe/timeline shows yet, I did watch a few episodes of Gundam SEED before I sent my boxset to Woolie in the mailbag.

beinfilms

Ooh, I honestly didn't know it was written THAT early. I feel like I was being a bit harsh with it now. Ford thing makes way more sense.

I read Farenheit 451 in a a few evenings in the school library. That book's not bad. I've never heard of Canticle though and THAT SOUND AWESOME IF YOU'RE COMPARING THEM.

Canticle is split into 3 parts:

Part 1, a young post-nuclear winter monk finds a fallout shelter, with "relics" inside, that are things like shopping lists, and consequences ensue from that.

Part 2 is consequences of part 1, like 700 years later, and part 3 is 7 years after that. I'm not going to go into any more detail than that in case anyone on here reads it, because it's really great. (A little slow at times, but never too horrible.)

Oh, also, I read the Foundation trilogy. It was ok, I guess. Too much politics for me.

Wow, I "had to" read a lot of post-apocalyptic books for high school. I guess my school wasn't ALL bad.

Zenfalcia

You know earlier I was thinking "Hey maybe Aaron isn't best friender after all."
And then I saw these posts. And you posted the fucking FE7 holy trinity.
And then I posted the FE7 holy trinity.
Yep, Aaron still best friender.
he isn't best friender tho.
It's okay. I didn't want to be in a dumb game for dumb nerds anyways.

crying-lebron-james.jpg
Git gud at posting.
S support
Male Robin x Lissa
Female Robin x every parent male and Owain
Finished Chroms support log
Currently working on Lissa's S support with all males
Fredrick x Lissa
Virion x cherche
vaike x panne
stahl and cordelia
miriel x ricken
Kellam x nowi
sumia x chrom
lon qu x Tharja
Henry x maribelle
Gaius x Olivia
Lucina x m Morgan
Owain x lucina and severa
noire x yarne
nah x gerome

and I thinks that's all the S support I've done.
and you didn't like any characters? Even with supports that didn't go into S?

Ilvocare

Yup. All these nerds thinking Lyn is best lord, don't even got defense.

People who rely on defense as a main priority are cowards, though.

Anyways, I can accept FE7 having really strong characters, but everyone who ISN'T one of the big popular names is so goddamn weak in presence compared to other FE characters that I can't possibly push FE7 as the best.

Besides, I'd guarantee that Ike in both Path of Radiance
and Radiant Dawn
is the best Lord in the western-released games, natch.

Also I'm home, gonna go on Ultimax if anyone wants. If no one does I'll go to Arena.

semisonic

Banned
Pfft all these FE7 Lords. Ain't got nothing on some of radiant dawn units.
I know, I know it's not a fair comparison because tier 3 class.

Eww, radiant dawn.
I'm actually a little mad it gets the prices it does, as someone who bought both on launch.
I assume it's to hide the shame.
They're okay.

At least Naesala, Mia, Zihark, Mordecai and Soren are cool, power hungry fool kicks major fucking ass, and it gave you an actual soldier-class unit in Nephinee, who is super cool and fun to use.
Actually that game had a bunch of pretty cool characters. Probably because it had so many they couldn't help but get a few of them right.

Canticle is split into 3 parts:

Part 1, a young post-nuclear winter monk finds a fallout shelter, with "relics" inside, that are things like shopping lists, and consequences ensue from that.

Part 2 is consequences of part 1, like 700 years later, and part 3 is 7 years after that. I'm not going to go into any more detail than that in case anyone on here reads it, because it's really great. (A little slow at times, but never too horrible.)

Oh, also, I read the Foundation trilogy. It was ok, I guess. Too much politics for me.

Wow, I "had to" read a lot of post-apocalyptic books for high school. I guess my school wasn't ALL bad.
Mmmm, timeskips. Definitely looking into that.

I really all of mine on my own time, except for 1984, but that was a reread since I had already read it.

Degrees of apocalypses are fucking rad.

Eppie

Neo Member
Beating FE7 on hard is okay.
Beating FE7 on hector hard is fucking ridiculous.
It's not as bad s like FE4 but it's all well designed challenge.

I was a bahby when I first played it and I'm not balls deep into the Wii U one yet
Monster Hunter taking up too much time
But I'll definitely do it on hard this time

Zenfalcia

Ooh, I honestly didn't know it was written THAT early. I feel like I was being a bit harsh with it now. Ford thing makes way more sense.

I read Farenheit 451 in a a few evenings in the school library. That book's not bad. I've never heard of Canticle though and THAT SOUND AWESOME IF YOU'RE COMPARING THEM.
Farenheit451 is pretty good. I liked the interesting concept of it.
Lyn really depends on how you leveled her up. She can fucking carry all day.
There's some other surefire top tiers in that game, too.
Hector, ofc.
Jaffar.
Any pegasus knight or wyvern knight has the potential to be a goddamn beast.
Sain has such incredible str growth he can do the work of 3 paladins
And let's not even talk about
the old and deep fucker that isAthos.
People just need to git gud.

beinfilms

Mmmm, timeskips. Definitely looking into that.

I really all of mine on my own time, except for 1984, but that was a reread since I had already read it.

Degrees of apocalypses are fucking rad.

Yeah, they're really awesome, as long as they're not written by "Objectivists."

...I really hate Ayn Rand. Her books are uninteresting and unengaging, and came up with a philosophy that literally says "Fuck anyone that isn't you. If they can't deal, it's their problem." She's an asshole. Who writes poorly.

Also, her name is confusing. :p

Top Bottom