• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

I'm a few eps in, same with Kill La Kill. Just need to make the time, which is in short supply.
We gotta cover all the basics here thoughts on Persona, and Monster Hunter.
Oh also Jojo,
nvm reread and jojo was first on your list sorry my memory sucks.
And to a lesser extent Berserk.

Ants

I'm a few eps in, same with Kill La Kill. Just need to make the time, which is in short supply.

if you really like those

samurai flamenco

it's to tokusatsu/sentai what those are to mecha and magical girl

i actually think it's better than klk at least

You thought it was DIO but it was me Rean!
7434359302_60ba4fd351_z.jpg

Alfebit

Banned
JoJo, Ippo, DeathNote, Cromartie, GitS:SAC, though I didn't enjoy 2nd Gig as much, Bebop, Eva, RahXephon, Gundam, though I haven't seen too many series, others. I also thought Highschool of the Dead was terrible. I will roll my eyes every time somebody posts a gif of jelly breasts.

And yes, I was talking about Triple Triad.

Like the others said. Watch Gurren.

Some people have routines. It's all good.

That discussion ate into my alone time by 17 minutes.
Nah in all seriousness, I gotta sleep. I just enjoy saying dumb shit all the time. Especially if it makes people laugh.

Zenfalcia

That discussion ate into my alone time by 17 minutes.
Nah in all seriousness, I gotta sleep. I just enjoy saying dumb shit all the time. Especially if it makes people laugh.
Just do both at the same time. You only really need one hand to use the mouse and read posts.

edit: oops dp.

Chris_IWS

We gotta cover all the basics here thoughts on Persona, and Monster Hunter.
Oh also Jojo.

P & MH: No thoughts.

JoJo: Stand Proud>Sono Chi no Sadame>Bloody Stone>End of the World
Capcom>Namco Bandai (obviously)
Harrison Ford to play Joseph Joestar
not only because of visual similarities with Indiana Jones, he's also actually survived multiple plane crashes in real life.

P & MH: No thoughts.

JoJo: Stand Proud>Sono Chi no Sadame>Bloody Stone>End of the World
Capcom>Namco Bandai (obviously)
Harrison Ford to play Joseph Joestar
not only because of visual similarities with Indiana Jones, he's also actually survived multiple plane crashes in real life.
He just got into one a few days ago actually. Too bad joseph was the one who got off the plane.

Numb

Comedic horror huh? Interesting. I'll have to read Fourteen.

You should. So should I, but these doujins won't read themselves!

It is not supposed to be comedic but the way everything is drawn makes me lose it all the time. The story is bizzare and the logic and science are out of this world.
He one time manages to get the ENTIRE worlds budget for the next 3 years so he could build shit.
How and why don matter

Oberon

Banned
Great, fantastic, amazing.
I worked for hours last night to add more to my horrible contribution to the group project. And guess what?! It's gone. I am trying to open the document but it tells me that it doesn't exist. I saved that document after every painful sentence I managed to add, and it was all for nothing! Hurray!

ZHtO15x.gif

Zenfalcia

It is not supposed to be comedic but the way everything is drawn makes me lose it all the time. The story is bizzare and the logic and science are out of this world.
He one time manages to get the ENTIRE worlds budget for the next 3 years so he could build shit.
How and why don matter
So you like absurdity? Kamisama no Iutoori and it's sequel Kamisama no Iutoori Ni is pretty good at that.. IT's really NSFW and well.. read some of it and see if you like it.

Zenfalcia

Time for bed. Later.
Bai.
Great, fantastic, amazing.
I worked for hours last night to add more to my horrible contribution to the group project. And guess what?! It's gone. I am trying to open the document but it tells me that it doesn't exist. I saved that document after every painful sentence I managed to add, and it was all for nothing! Hurray!

ZHtO15x.gif
Maybe you saved it some where else? or named it something else? Check recent documents if you're using word or check recent files in windows explorer.

edit: dp again.

Oberon

Banned
Bai.

Maybe you saved it some where else? or named it something else? Check recent documents if you're using word or check recent files in windows explorer.

edit: dp again.

That does really suck if you lost the work. Losing work is my single biggest pet peeve.

I don't know what happened, it's just gone. I try search for it but it doesn't exist anymore. I didn't change the name. I did put it on the desktop to not lose it, but it's gone now!
This is litteraly the worst thing that could have happened....

Zenfalcia

That was in my backlog before but i forgot.
Will check it out
This probably don't sell the series, but whatever.
fChuOMf.jpg

I don't know what happened, it's just gone. I try search for it but it doesn't exist anymore. I didn't change the name. I did put it on the desktop to not lose it, but it's gone now!
Check the recycle bin, also did you save on a school computer or something?

Rutti

That sucks. One of my documents mysteriously disappeared couple days ago but luckily I had backup in my usb stick.

Ants

assuming you're using windows, try opening a folder, and under favorites, check your Recent Places, maybe you moved it somewhere else by mistake

or maybe Undo Move

Skrams

if you really like those

samurai flamenco

it's to tokusatsu/sentai what those are to mecha and magical girl

i actually think it's better than klk at least

I'm not sure I'd say better than KLK, but I do love Samurai Flamenco a lot. I didn't mind the jump in absurdity either. I understand people would of wanted a slice of life style thing since it was pretty good at the time, but I loved the shark jumping a lot.

Samurai Flamenco spoilers-
FUCKING ALIEN FLAMENCO ARC SETTLED IN ONE EPISODE AND PUNCHED TO THE MOON AND EVERYTHING COOL SENTAI THING IN LIFE IS REAL, BUT JUST STORIES FROM OTHER WORLDS AND FUCK, IT'S SO GOOD

Numb

What do you think?

Conglaturations.

I like dumb stuff but when a story is put infront of it first.
Being dumb for the sake of it is not my thing.
So this manga goes straight to the dumb stuff but it is sooo dumb that i just have to see what the hell else will happen.

Ants

I'm not sure I'd say better than KLK, but I do love Samurai Flamenco a lot. I didn't mind the jump in absurdity either. I understand people would of wanted a slice of life style thing since it was pretty good at the time, but I loved the shark jumping a lot.

FUCKING ALIEN FLAMENCO ARC SETTLED IN ONE EPISODE AND PUNCHED TO THE MOON AND EVERYTHING COOL SENTAI THING IN LIFE IS REAL, BUT JUST STORIES FROM OTHER WORLDS AND FUCK, IT'S SO GOOD

In a weird way, though, I think it always retained its roots. It kind of refused to give in to the absurdity, and was always about Masayoshi, who is just a regular guy at the core, being the best regular guy he can be. It never loses sight of those first six episodes.

Zenfalcia

I KNOW RIGHT?!?!??! IT'S AMAZING.
I like dumb stuff but when a story is put infront of it first.
Being dumb for the sake of it is not my thing.
So this manga goes straight to the dumb stuff but it is sooo dumb that i just have to see what the hell else will happen.
There's story, you just get them in little breaks in between the craziness. Sometimes it's dumped onto you.

I think it was a far better slice of life, kickass-esque story than how it attempted to jump the shark in a fun way. I didn't think it pulled off shark jumping well.

Skrams

I KNOW RIGHT?!?!??! IT'S AMAZING.
I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was since I just watched it at random after I half remembered Liam recommending it early on in it's original run. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was at all.
In a weird way, though, I think it always retained its roots. It kind of refused to give in to the absurdity, and was always about Masayoshi, who is just a regular guy at the core, being the best regular guy he can be. It never loses sight of those first six episodes.
It revolves around him constantly and just how he wants to be a hero. It definitely maintains its roots. I think the final few episodes were a great way to end that series since it's a human struggle and not that crazy and absurd compared to what proceeded it. I really like his struggle to save everyone and he's sad when he can't save the villain.
I think it was a far better slice of life, kickass-esque story than how it attempted to jump the shark in a fun way. I didn't think it pulled off shark jumping well.
Did you ever finish the series? It was meant to go that way from the beginning considering some of the first promo art they showed for the show. I also didn't find the initial shark jump very "fun," because it was more holy shit due to the tone change.
A man is put into an ape guillotine and brutally murdered which was crazy violent compared to what the show had established up to that point. Or you could be going by Pat's first shark jump by meaning the little girls dressing up.

Besides that, it's a very love or hate kind of show from all the opinions I've seen. Or just annoyed because it didn't keep to the SoL formula.

I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was since I just watched it at random after I half remembered Liam recommending it early on in it's original run. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was at all.

Did you ever finish the series? It was meant to go that way from the beginning considering some of the first promo art they showed for the show. I also didn't find the initial shark jump very "fun," because it was more holy shit due to the tone change.
A man is put into an ape guillotine and brutally murdered which was crazy violent compared to what the show had established up to that point. Or you could be going by Pat's first shark jump by meaning the little girls dressing up.

Besides that, it's a very love or hate kind of show from all the opinions I've seen. Or just annoyed because it didn't keep to the SoL formula.
I watched it randomly, same as you, vaguely recalling Liam recommending it. I think I just ended up like the underlined though.

I admit I only got to like episode 14 or 15 or something. The tone change
wasn't very serious either, it felt extremely goofy and that death felt goofy as hell. There was no weight to what it was doing. The girls dressing up was alright, though it was silly, it was a good comparision to what the MC was going through

Skrams

I watched it randomly, same as you, vaguely recalling Liam recommending it. I think I just ended up like the underlined though.

wasn't very serious either, it felt extremely goofy and that death felt goofy as hell. There was no weight to what it was doing. The girls dressing up was alright, though it was silly, it was a good comparision to what the MC was going through

I didn't get a goofy feeling. I just had a what the fuck is going on feeling. That stuff and the King Torture stuff didn't give me a goofy feeling at all.
I just remember grueling shots of the girl getting her fingers broken.

I don't think you should go back or anything. You already want it to be A and it's changing from B to C to D to Z. It's not what you want and I'm sorry you can't enjoy it.

Zenfalcia

I watched it way before Liam ever talked about it. #hipster. It seemed so simple and dumb at first, but WOOF that escalation. It just caught me off guard
and kept doing so. Even at the end, it blew me away.

It just reminded me of older Sentai series and stuff like power rangers since if you really think about it, those are also absurd. You should really finish it.

I SHOULD REALLY SLEEP.

I didn't get a goofy feeling. I just had a what the fuck is going on feeling. That stuff and the King Torture stuff didn't give me a goofy feeling at all.
I just remember grueling shots of the girl getting her fingers broken.

I don't think you should go back or anything. You already want it to be A and it's changing from B to C to D to Z. It's not what you want and I'm sorry you can't enjoy it.
I really, really couldn't take it seriously. It felt like comedy.

I only really minded the change to B or C when I think it did it badly, but I admit my frustration is primarily how much I had grown fond of the show in those early episodes.
It just reminded me of older Sentai series and stuff like power rangers since if you really thing about it, those are also absurd. You should really finish it.
I got that feeling, for sure, but I don't think it had a place in the show it was before. I dunno. I even like Kamen Rider a lot right now, maybe it's the shift that really made me upset.

Zenfalcia

I really, really couldn't take it seriously. It felt like comedy.

I only really minded the change to B or C when I think it did it badly, but I admit my frustration is primarily how much I had grown fond of the show in those early episodes.
I got that feeling, for sure, but I don't think it had a place in the show it was before. I dunno. I even like Kamen Rider a lot right now, maybe it's the shift that really made me upset.
That's a possibility, but if you really think about it
nothing has changed. He's still a normal guy with some normal office supplies still fighting for justice. Also Flamenco girl is so cute.. Hnngggg... >_>

That's a possibility, but if you really think about it
nothing has changed. He's still a normal guy with some normal office supplies still fighting for justice. Also Flamenco girl is so cute.. Hnngggg... >_>
It's the tone change itself I disliked.

She was the worst of the three girls, easily.
Do you guys think Type 0 will be good?
Liam praised the JP version. I heard it's a hunting game?

Top Bottom