• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Just ask an NPC and if you're nice enough they might run you through the game so you don't have to do anything or care about what you're playing.

I don't know if you're being a condescending asshole or trying to make a joke.

Sorry this is my first time playing Monster Hunter and I'm getting a little bit frustrated.

360pages

If you're having trouble, just avoid the mission for now an do others until you get stronger. The Joy of Monster Hunter is that there are usually options to do stuff out of order or skip it.

If you're having trouble, just avoid the mission for now an do others until you get stronger. The Joy of Monster Hunter is that there are usually options to do stuff out of order or skip it.

But I've maxed out my gear and weapons for the current area, and the stuff I need to farm isn't available until, I presume, the next zone.

Guess I'll try to find a different weapon.

It's my mother fucking birthday WOAH!! I'm not a teen anymore, I'm hitting that 20 mark.
Yoooo, happy bursday. Juggle all those kids beneath you.
But I've maxed out my gear and weapons for the current area, and the stuff I need to farm isn't available until, I presume, the next zone.
It's not an easy game per se. Be defensive and don't get hit, take a shot here and there if you can, and if you get infected, you need to get hits in to get rid of the virus.
That music though.
Around and Roller Mobster dabes.

Squishy3

Guess I'll try to find a different weapon.
Yeah, you just need to find the weapon that clicks for you, and you need to be good at reading monster patterns and identify when it's safe to sheathe, heal, etc. You'll eventually be able to run circles around most monsters and feel like a god.

Also collect honey every chance you get, be it multiplying through the Wycoon, or in the field. It's secretly the most important item in MH.

Squishy3

Everytime someone has a birthday in this thread I feel old. Stop getting older but not old enough to make me feel that I'm not old, guys.

Yeah, you just need to find the weapon that clicks for you, and you need to be good at reading monster patterns and identify when it's safe to sheathe, heal, etc. You'll eventually be able to run circles around most monsters and feel like a god.

Also collect honey every chance you get, be it multiplying through the Wycoon, or in the field. It's secretly the most important item in MH.

Well, I thought that weapon was the charge blade, I got really good with moving between the two forms and overcharging the shield. But this monster feels radically different from everything in the game, and I don't really like that if you even graze a portion of the virus fields, you're instantly infected.

Then good fucking luck. All the nullberries in the world won't help if you can't get close enough to actually swing your weapon at him. I'm not even going for axe swings in his frienzied state.

Xiraiya

I don't know if you're being a condescending asshole or trying to make a joke.
Sorry this is my first time playing Monster Hunter and I'm getting a little bit frustrated.

Well I'm not trying to be an asshole.

I'm just pointing out the contradiction of wanting an easier way through a game quickly when it's a series designed specifically for the purpose of having the Player take their time hunting difficult enemies and spending a long time farming materials to help you better your skills and your character overall.

If the frustration is making you need to take shortcuts then it might just not be the series for you.

croten

Well, I thought that weapon was the charge blade, I got really good with moving between the two forms and overcharging the shield. But this monster feels radically different from everything in the game, and I don't really like that if you even graze a portion of the virus fields, you're instantly infected.

Then good fucking luck. All the nullberries in the world won't help if you can't get close enough to actually swing your weapon at him. I'm not even going for axe swings in his frienzied state.
The infection doesn't actually do anything until the meter builds up and it does so slowly enough that you can easily get that attack buff

If the frustration is making you need to take shortcuts then it might just not be the series for you.

I just wanted help. Another human player would probably be more useful than the fucking cats.

Alright never mind guys, I forgot I'm a fucking filthy casual babby who shouldn't be playing big boy games.

Blizzard and Divide are my favorites so far.
Divide is great, and Blizzard oozes atmosphere.
I just wanted help. Another human player would probably be more useful than the fucking cats.

Alright never mind guys, I forgot I'm a fucking filthy casual babby who shouldn't be playing big boy games.
Squishy's post is spot on, it's really just learning enemy patterns. I'm not trying to sound condescending if I do.

So I just got locked out of a part of my Midterm exam because the website decided I wasn't doing anything important and logged me out for no reason.

Now I can't get back in and went from getting a 100% to a 66%..

I'm salty as fuck right now.

So I just got locked out of a part of my Midterm exam because the website decided I wasn't doing anything important and logged me out for no reason.

Now I can't get back in and went from getting a 100% to a 66%..

I'm salty as fuck right now.

Were you idle for a while or was it random? I'd contact the teacher or something if it was sudden.

Were you idle for a while or was it random? I'd contact the teacher or something if it was sudden.

No I was answering questions usually within about a minute at a time, so I was active enough to where that shouldn't of happened.

I did, but she's probably on a plane back from California right now so I doubt I'll get an answer.

ultimax

I missed this, but I feel this post in ominously predicting my future.

lCQo1uu.jpg

Shackzam

Happy Bursday Shack.

Yoooo, happy bursday. Juggle all those kids beneath you.

YOO happy bursday Shack! Finally in the right pair of double digits.

Happy birthday man. Never stop juggling.

Happy burstday
You're older now! Yeah!
Now I might have a chance to beat you in a fighting gamr!

Holy fuck I'm older than Shack? What.

Happy birthday man

Finally, the day Shackzam lost his edge in fighting games.
I can never stop the juggling. I must keep on juggling with the larger my age gets. Thank you all.
JugglingLife.jpg

Happy birthday, guy I spoke to for the first time a few days ago!

We'll get acquainted. Have you watched Ippo? If you haven't get on that shit.

No I was answering questions usually within about a minute at a time, so I was active enough to where that shouldn't of happened.

I did, but she's probably on a plane back from California right now so I doubt I'll get an answer.

That's dumb, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully they're not the kind of "No you should've done it though get good" kind of teacher

SteveTR

Hey, happy birthday, Shack. I thought you were older.

Then again, it's not that far a stretch to assume that everybody here is way older than me.

Xiraiya

I'm shocked he's maintained his persona for so long.
I actively avoid anything Angry Joe.

There have been times I've watched reviews he did for things I like so I checked them out and everytime I felt like cringing for more than half of his video, I've never seen him really angry about anything, and anytime he gets worked up it just feels weird and forced and not really what I'd call anger.

Pat getting worked up about things is the way to go about it if you're going to be called "Angry *name*"

I did see a video of Joe getting snobbed at an award thing that made him really fucking salty, it was pretty hilarious watching him sulk.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
There have been times I've watched reviews he did for things I like so I checked them out and everytime I felt like cringing for more than half of his video, I've never seen him really angry about anything, and anytime he gets worked up it just feels weird and forced and not really what I'd call anger.

Pat getting worked up about things is the way to go about it if you're going to be called "Angry *name*"

I did see a video of Joe getting snobbed at an award thing that made him really fucking salty, it was pretty hilarious watching him sulk.
I've never been a fan of his reviews, since I usually don't care about game reviews in general, but I've also never been a big fan of his bits either. Although I like his videos where he just talks about shit and there's no character involved, cause I think he's a cool guy when he just talks about how he feels.

Xiraiya

I've never been a fan of his reviews, since I usually don't care about game reviews in general, but I've also never been a big fan of his bits either. Although I like his videos where he just talks about shit and there's no character involved, cause I think he's a cool guy when he just talks about how he feels.

He probably is a cool guy normally but his Angry Joe thing is just annoying.

Top Bottom