• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
girl who is 4'11 when you are 6'3
Also I just realized that's the exact same height of my old crush and me. Kinda funny.
Or get a stepladder.
image.php

I finally caught up to that Xenogears video.

Pat's Salty Johns were in full effect. PERFEKT!

Everyone should play Xenogears. It's a great story.

beinfilms

This is where being short comes in handy. Being 5'6 ain't so bad.

I'm very happy with my 5'10", personally: it's tall enough that there's no chance of anyone thinking you short (unless it's my little brother, who likes to rub it in my face that he's 2 inches taller), but short enough that you avoid the problems of being tall.

I should get in the whole Xenogears hole like Skla has... I gotta find out how Gears and Saga connect and if Blade does.

It's loosely connected and the themes of the games are all very familiar and same-y, but man Xenogears is still a game that has a strong impact on Gnosticism more so than Evangelion did with mysticism and Christianity.

In EVA, you can see how flimsy the symbolism is thrown in. Xenogears hides it better.

She didn't. She preferred to kiss up and she didn't want me to get super low to the ground.

It was a nightmare. Glad it didn't work out.

Also people judged the shit out of me when we were walking holding hands

Stop dating short girls you horrible giant!

Let us average height men get to dating the short girlies.

(I'm 5'9-5'10 for reference)

Jokes on you Mr. small man, I put my dresser at the foot of my bed and pull out the bottom drawer which is at the perfect height for my feet to rest on when I sleep. Ingenuity city bitch
Still not your bed
Stop dating short girls you horrible giant!

Let us average height men get to dating the short girlies.

(I'm 5'9-5'10 for reference)
So the short guys geeeet.....the tall girls?

It's loosely connected and the themes of the games are all very familiar and same-y, but man Xenogears is still a game that has a strong impact on Gnosticism more so than Evangelion did with mysticism and Chrsitianity.

In EVA, you can see how flimsy the symbolism is thrown in. Xenogears hides it better.
There are things with Xenogears I don't find as remarkable as people claim to be, but I do give it credit for the amount of work and research the creators put into Gnosticism and building it into the game.

I was looking into that earlier, after watching the video. As far as I can tell, they're all just spiritual successor type deals.

Xenoblade is a spiritual sucessor.

Xenosaga to Xenogears is a fucking sequel and I won't be convinced otherwise. References in Xenosaga (especially episode 3) to the point of straight up just telling you that its a prequel.

There are things with Xenogears I don't find as remarkable as people claim to be, but I do give it credit for the amount of work and research the creators put into Gnosticism and building it into the game.

I can't ever forgive the game for becoming a novel in Disc 2.

Also, I want to play xenosaga, but fuck playing 3 video games just to loosely miss the over arcing story.

Boy AC1 doesn't give you a tutorial... I really like it.
Xenoblade is a spiritual sucessor.

Xenosaga to Xenogears is a fucking sequel and I won't be convinced otherwise. References in Xenosaga (especially episode 3) to the point of straight up just telling you that its a prequel.
Huh alright. I gotta playthrough Gears and rewatch all of Xenosaga's cutscenes to see the bigger picture I guess.

I can't ever forgive the game for becoming a novel in Disc 2.

Also, I want to play xenosaga, but fuck playing 3 video games just to loosely miss the over arcing story.

It establishes the entire universe and why things are they are. How the mechs can do what they do, etc.

Though I won't ever recommend someone getting into Xenosaga unless they're motivated to wade through some serious shit because episode 1 and especially episode 2 got plenty of it. 3 is god's gift to earth in gaming form.

Boy AC1 doesn't give you a tutorial... I really like it.

Huh alright. I gotta playthrough Gears and rewatch all of Xenosaga's cutscenes to see the bigger picture I guess.

Read the perfect guide as well. Someone linked to it in my LTTP for Xenosaga 3 and it elaborates on a lot of the universe, as well as reading the database in Xenosaga 3 itself.

Wait, you're playing Armored Core 1? The original!?

HOORAY MY SHILLING FOR THE PSN RELEASE IN THIS THREAD WASN'T A WASTE!!!
Yeah. I've always been interested in it, but didn't have decent access and money till now. The controls are better than expected for a PS1 3rd person shooter? game.
Read the perfect guide as well. Someone linked to it in my LTTP for Xenosaga 3 and it elaborates on a lot of the universe, as well as reading the database in Xenosaga 3 itself.
Cool I'll definitely check it out when I'm done.

I do not go out nor hit on girls

Don't worry. Girls are yucky sometimes.
Unless I misunderstood you and you meant that you like dudes.

It establishes the entire universe and why things are they are. How the mechs can do what they do, etc.

Though I won't ever recommend someone getting into Xenosaga unless they're motivated to wade through some serious shit because episode 1 and especially episode 2 got plenty of it. 3 is god's gift to earth in gaming form.

Is there a prefect works that'll just give me the complete xenosaga universe without playing all 3 games?

Is there a prefect works that'll just give me the complete xenosaga universe without playing all 3 games?

Youtube has a compilation of all the games cutscenes into a movie. Its about 20 hours total though, so you'd better have some time on your hands.

Though if you have the money and the time and want to get into the universe, I'd honestly just recommend buying 1 and 3 and watching the movie for 2. 1 isn't a bad game to play, just kind of boring (its just a copy/paste of the Xenogears combat system, but with worse pacing) and 3 should not be missed by anyone because that game has one of the best combat mechanics and boss fights in a JRPG ever and saying that missing those would hurt the experience is an understatement.

Xenosaga 3 is so good, not just because of the story and characters but because its one of, if not, the best paced JRPG ever. And watching a movie, and especially reading the story, you'll miss out on one of the greatest soundtracks ever.

Youtube has a compilation of all the games cutscenes into a movie. Its about 20 hours total though, so you'd better have some time on your hands.

Though if you have the money and the time and want to get into the universe, I'd honestly just recommend buying 1 and 3 and watching the movie for 2. 1 isn't a bad game to play, just kind of boring (its just a copy/paste of the Xenogears combat system, but with worse pacing) and 3 should not be missed by anyone because that game has one of the best combat mechanics and boss fights in a JRPG ever and saying that missing those would hurt the experience is an understatement.

Xenosaga 3 is so good, not just because of the story and characters but because its one of, if not, the best paced JRPG ever.

I played through Xenosaga 1, never went on to 2 or 3

Xenosaga 3 is so good, not just because of the story and characters but because its one of, if not, the best paced JRPG ever. And watching a movie, and especially reading the story, you'll miss out on one of the greatest soundtracks ever.

I guess I'll be setting a day aside to marathon the video in its entitety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom