• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be fair the whole IV system was a complete nightmare before this gen. Even now, it is something that is better without than with.
On a casual level having the Pokemon be individuals with IVs as "genes" and EVs as "learned skills" is actually really cool, too bad competitively it sucks.

Really well. I'm actually making progress in SMT1 instead of fumbling around

If I had the option, I would RNG abuse right away. You should too.
I don't really have or know anyway to abuse it.
I've been cycling back and forth on a road for about 3 hours now and the bastard RNG won't give me my pokemon. It's 5:30 am right now. I've bred more Froakies than I've eaten bread.

Just beat the
Shadow of Yharnam
first try. That was a cool fight. My hands were shaking afterwards. Definitely enjoying Bloodborne more than Dark Souls.

I don't really have or know anyway to abuse it.
I've been cycling back and forth on a road for about 3 hours now and the bastard RNG won't give me my pokemon. It's 5:30 am right now. I've bred more Froakies than I've eaten bread.

I breed for 5 IV Shinies. Its a fucking pain. But its so worth it when it works out.

Do you mean because of customization?
That I can appreciate, but it needs to not be a nightmare to handle.

Because the meta would become stagnate, and Pokemon that benefit from 0 speed IVs would lag behind.

And Hidden Power could possibly actually become random. Granted, GameFreak could make it a selectable type, but seeing on how they do this things in the past, the odds are not high.

360pages

If they got rid of IVs, I would completely stop playing Pokemon. Completely. Not even casually .

The problem is the pokemon that benefit from 0IVs would have to be sacrificed for a smoother experience. That or they need to make it like Super Training that their is a way to raise the max IV's of a stat though other means.

Because the meta would become stagnate, and Pokemon that benefit from 0 speed IVs would lag behind.

And Hidden Power could possibly actually become random. Granted, GameFreak could make it a selectable type, but seeing on how they do this things in the past, the odds are not high.
I think I should rephrase what I mean, Breeding is shit, IVs are fine.

How. Fucking how. It took me at least 20 tries. Fuck. 1st try. Seriously, how?

Focused on one at a time. Used the tombstone to seperate them and dodge like mad. Got 1 riposte off which helped. I got down to a pixel once but ran and healed. Don't worry man I was stuck on BSB for 3 days.

I'm also at level 50 already.

I've been watching Giant Bomb's Destiny Vault raid and it looks so fun, but god damn fuck this game but I'm so close to buying it even though I'm waiting for a GOTY edition or Destiny 2 someone stop me.

I did it my first time too. Pimp cane whip mode dabes, hit
all three of them
at once.
Fuck, it took me all of last night and all of tonight. Were they that easy? They were wrecking my shit for hours. I had to stop for bit because I was getting too frustrated, which was making me do worse. I can't believe people did it in one try.

Fuck, it took me all of last night and all of tonight. Were they that easy? They were wrecking my shit for hours. I had to stop for bit because I was getting too frustrated, which was making me do worse. I can't believe people did it in one try.

...It only took me one try too...Try focusing on the one causing you the most trouble.

Squishy3

I've been watching Giant Bomb's Destiny Vault raid and it looks so fun, but god damn fuck this game but I'm so close to buying it even though I'm waiting for a GOTY edition or Destiny 2 someone stop me.
Just play Monster Hunter for that itch. All of the grind except not lacking in content.

You don't need it, Skla. You got bored with MH and you'd probably get bored with Destiny before you even got geared for a raid.

Every boss from them to the very last boss in did my first try. The final boss took me like 3 days and a buncha people here did it first try. So yeah.

Alfebit

Banned

Seriously, don't do it. I can't even play the game anymore now that the disappointment has sunk in.

Just play Monster Hunter for that itch. All of the grind except not lacking in content.

You don't need it, Skla. You got bored with MH and you'd probably get bored with Destiny before you even got geared for a raid.

Nah, i'll just stick with FFXIV. I'd rather spend the money on that subscription and the expansion and wait for a GOTY edition for Destiny when its super cheap.

I had an ok 20 hours with it before it just kinda ended. None of the multiplayer was appealing or worked so I just dropped it, just play MCC campaign.

This is cool but I don't know if I like them actually making contact with each other, I enjoy their previous relationship
RFUxdt2.png

...It only took me one try too...Try focusing on the one causing you the most trouble.
I just finished them off about 20 minutes ago. It was one of the most satisfying things i've ever done in a game. It took me two full nights, but it's finally done. Switching from saw cleaver to Ludwig's holy blade was a good decision.

I had an ok 20 hours with it before it just kinda ended. None of the multiplayer was appealing or worked so I just dropped it, just play MCC campaign.

Seriously, don't do it. I can't even play the game anymore now that the disappointment has sunk in.

Yeah, i guess its only for people that actually have friends for that stuff, nothing else to play, and the time to get to end game. It looks fun, but not at that price.

Alfebit

Banned
Watching the Super Robot Wars video made me think I should finally start Eva but then I got to the Gurren Lagann part and now all I want to do is rewatch it.

sjay1994

Its fun, but its not worth all the bullshit required to actually be at a level to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom