• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't entirely wrong about the cane. That thing is horrible against the first boss and needs upgrades badly in order to be a good weapon. Its kind of like the BSS of DS1.
Early on the damage output is low, but its moveset is killer for everything other than bosses even then. By the time you get A scaling it's wrecking house.

Also it was just Pat repeating what he read of other people saying shit.

Early on the damage output is low, but its moveset is killer for everything other than bosses even then. By the time you get A scaling it's wrecking house.

Also it was just Pat repeating what he read of other people saying shit.

They recorded it last Tuesday when everyone just started playing and seeing that the cane is weak compared to the others to start, which isn't surprising.

Doesn't matter anyway since they're going with a STR build and will likely end up with
Ludwig's greatsword.

Anung

Un Rama
The threaded cane was my starter weapon and while it's awesome and great for crowd control during the early areas It's pissweak against bosses. After that I got Ludwigs greatsword and now it's plus 10 (200 +311 damage) and I fucking rip through everything.

The threaded cane was my starter weapon and while it's awesome and great for crowd control during the early areas It's pissweak against bosses. After that I got Ludwigs greatsword and now it's plus 10 (200 +311 damage) and I fucking rip through everything.
Threaded Cane +10
gets S scaling. If you go pure Skill you're unstoppable, and it takes like no endurance to swing.

sjay1994

I don't know why I had it in my head that Woolz and Pat could beat
The Cleric Beast
in 30 minutes. That'll probably be the end of the week.

Well Pat was able to beat an invisible cleric beast during the PAX demo. His is a natural born champion of FS games. He just can't see monocles, thats all. And will probably soew bullshit about the lore.

Its fine.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm guessing it's a slower, more powerful weapon? Of course it's going to outdamage the cane, but I don't really understand how it will stay terrible against bosses, considering the excellent scaling. Or do you just mean piss weak against early bosses?

Early bosses when it was a weak weapon. Obviously it'll be baller when it's had stats sunk into it but I didn't have the patience so changed up.

Yeah I guess, but you know what's funny?
I went to Father G with my axe, got my face kicked in. I went to him with the cane, won confidently. Same with BSB. Cane works for me, for some reason. I really like the whip, it's a fantastic poke against bosses.

To be fair it might be because I started a new character so I know how to play now, but I absolutely destroyed him with the Cane. In fact I'm wrecking everything with it.

There are no bad weapons in Bloodborne. There just isn't one universal weapon for every situation.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm on NG+ so I might focus on a new weapon to level up like the Kitana. Also considering starting a new build entirely. Focus on blood tinge. I dabbled with some low level arcane stuff and it was actually awesome.

I'm on NG+ so I might focus on a new weapon to level up like the Kitana. Also considering starting a new build entirely. Focus on blood tinge. I dabbled with some low level arcane stuff and it was actually awesome.

That's why I remade. I wanna focus on a 25 Skill/50 Bloodtinge build for the Chikage. My main character is a "use it all" character, and I'll make an Arcane character after my Skill one.

Alfebit

Banned
Aside from those hilarious mistakes you guys already pointed out, that was a pretty good start to the BBLP. I just wish it was longer. I need more of it.

Next time I get around to playing Bloodborne again, sometime near the end of this semester because christ is work piling up, I might just start my character over and approach things more thoroughly. Especially since it seems I've still missed a shit ton of other small details that are now gone at the point I'm at in the game.

Aside from those hilarious mistakes you guys already pointed out, that was a pretty good start to the BBLP. I just wish it was longer. I need more of it.

It's Dark Souls 2 near the start all over again. I started hating the weekends and FNF for taking up a Dark Souls day.

Next time I get around to playing Bloodborne again, sometime near the end of this semester because christ is work piling up, I might just start my character over and approach things more thoroughly. Especially since it seems I've still missed a shit ton of other small details that are now gone at the point I'm at in the game.
I started again with strength with the intent to find everything I missed, because I know I missed every questline and probably every optional boss.

Man, this next month is going to be nuts for me as far as games go, as I've still got more of Bloodborne to dig through, as well as Toukiden Kiwami and DS2 Scholar of the First Sin coming.

I must've missed him because WHO?!
I missed him for literally almost the whole game, he's right next to the first lamp, in that building's window.
Spoilers for his questline
Going back there and having a monster right there with his window busted open was super on the nose, but sorta in a good way

Alfebit

Banned
I missed him for literally almost the whole game, he's right next to the first lamp, in that building's window.
Spoilers for his questline
Going back there and having a monster right there with his window busted open was super on the nose, but sorta in a good way

Oh, him, I never remembered his name but I did that. I actually found him pretty early.

Anung

Un Rama
Prepare to be insanely disappointed at how mediocre its design is in comparison.

Still a decent game though.

My expectations are low. One of the reasons I didn't buy it in the first place. B-team effort with that downgrade marketing bullshit they pulled. Should be good for a cheap laugh though. The DLC sounds damn good.

So I started soldiers of sorrow and remembered how much I love drawing mechs, and over the past 45 minutes I've drawn a couple of them. I call them Haroregusa and Sutahkurotchu. I'll post 'em when I get back to the dorm if anyone wants.

I could go on about why I dislike DkS2 for hours, and I did in earlier threads.

I'm gonna find people who hate Bloodborne and love Dark 2, and I'm going to fight them.

I saw someone in the second OT complaining about how garbage BB and all the miyazaki souls games are in comparison to DS2 because of how it streamlined things and made it better.

I think he went along the lines of saying "B team > A team" which is pretty ironic because a B team is called the B team because they're not better than the A team.

We all know Pat's gonna go on for about 10 minutes comparing Bloodborne to the other Souls gameson the podcast.

Probably just in mechanics. I don't see him talking about boss names, lore, etc.

Oberon

Banned
So I started soldiers of sorrow and remembered how much I love drawing mechs, and over the past 45 minutes I've drawn a couple of them. I call them Haroregusa and Sutahkurotchu. I'll post 'em when I get back to the dorm if anyone wants.

I have a really hard time drawing mechs, because they have all those different tiny parts. I should work on that.

I saw someone in the second OT complaining about how garbage BB and all the miyazaki souls games are in comparison to DS2 because of how it streamed things.

I think he went along the lines of saying "B team > A team" which is pretty ironic because a B team is called the B team because they're not better than the A team.

While I think DS1 is better than DS2, DS2 is way more approachable than DS1 for newcomers.

Plus if they play DS2 first, the bosses of DS1 will blow their minds

I saw someone in the second OT complaining about how garbage BB and all the miyazaki souls games are in comparison to DS2 because of how it streamed things.

pls no ow
I can actually see where the PvP diehards come from on that stuff, but there's so many reasons why DkS2 is flaccid, that mostly comes down to gameplay, encounter, boss, and level design, it drives me up the wall because of how easy it'd be for it to not be shitty in the ways it is.
While I think DS1 is better than DS2, DS2 is way more approachable than DS1 for newcomers.

Plus if they play DS2 first, the bosses of DS1 will blow their minds
I actually think DkS2 is far harder and punishes people for making mistakes with the hallowing health bar. If you don't get to/find the Cling Ring you can end up sitting on half of a starting health bar.

I also think your starting roll is so shit it discourages you from learning to roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom