• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Souls 2 lacks soul and feels like fan fiction. It kinda shows how much Miyazaki and co affected Demon's and Dark and gave them the feeling that makes me love them so. Dark 2 is just really disappointing. It feels better gameplay wise and is way more anime (which sucks), so I can see why people prefer it even if they're still wrong about their poor life choices.

Dark Souls 2 lacks soul and feels like fan fiction. It kinda shows how much Miyazaki and co affected Demon's and Dark and gave them the feeling that makes me love them so. Dark 2 is just really disappointing. It feels better gameplay wise and is way more anime (which sucks), so I can see why people prefer it even if they're still wrong about their poor life choices.
I don't even get how people praise it for gameplay. Everything is floaty and unsatisfying.

I actually think DkS2 is far harder and punishes people for making mistaks with the hallowing health bar. If you don't get to/find the Cling Ring you can end up sitting on half of a starting health bar.

I was probably speaking from my own experience.

I found the first few areas easy (Forest of the Fallen Giants, Heide's Tower of Flame) were easy provided I took my time.

Plus the game was generous with human effigies from what I remember.

I look forward to the remaster

Ants

yesss

my girlfriend's friend said if i bring in 3 people I can trade in multiples of the same SKU

$122 PS4 here i come

I was probably speaking from my own experience.
I found the first few areas easy (Forest of the Fallen Giants, Heide's Tower of Flame) were easy provided I took my time.
Plus the game was generous with human effigies from what I remember.
I look forward to remaster
If you're actually bad at the game, it's a cumulative effect of giving you less and less room for mistakes if you fail.

"I sense more enemies than usual"
Floor full of gold shadows.
5623922102_45f0a7e500.jpg
Death shows up much quicker than other times.

Oberon

Banned
I tried sketching the UNICORN once, I never got past the head.

Well, unicorns can only be tamed by virgines.

I find the trick is to not give a shit whether it looks good. But you'll see that for yourself when I post them.

Never thought about that before

I really don't like to talk about which Dark Souls game is better, because I love both DS1 and DS2.

I still like it's gameplay the most ou of the souls game ( including BB)

Bloodborne

AngryCanadian, you were right.
The Stake Driver is amazing.
I still like it's gameplay the most ou of the souls game ( including BB)

The combat does feel more light than the other games, and some of the mechanics are nerfed too hard, like parrying, but overall it still feels fine.

I guess I got good
lucky
then.
The tutorial spelled out how gameplay worked. I learned to have a deliberate and slow pace. It taught me to be lame.
I'm just saying, for absolute beginners it's punishing to a fault. DeS is more designed around the assumption that you have 50% or 70% of your health bar with enemy damage output. DkS2's gradual change actually feels more punishing with the big damage everything puts out.

That's hardly my biggest complaint anyway, but whatevs. I feel kinda strongly on this.

beinfilms

I think I'm going to enjoy this BB LP quite a bit (which is good, since it's as close as I'm going to get to actually playing it for a while still.)

I'm just saying, for absolute beginners it's punishing to a fault. DeS is more designed around the assumption that you have 50% or 70% of your health bar with enemy damage output. DkS2's gradual change actually feels more punishing with the big damage everything puts out.

That's hardly my biggest complaint anyway, but whatevs. I feel kinda strongly on this.

Arguably, DeS is the harshest to beginners, as dying in human form actually makes the game harder, as it affects World Tendency.

That's why I tell beginners to never go human. Ever. Just stay in soul form.

"Lets wear this High Cut Armor, wait where is it? Must be women's. Alright here wear th-wait it looks like a what?"

That response. Fucking lol. Oh my god I'm loving this game.

Arguably, DeS is the harshest to beginners, as dying in human form actually makes the game harder, as it affects World Tendency.

That's why I tell beginners to never go human. Ever. Just stay in soul form.
Sorta, but with Cling Ring you should basically be fine staying like that. Going human is a risk, but the game doesn't exactly expect you to. At least, I don't think it does.
"Lets wear this High Cut Armor, wait where is it? Must be women's. Alright here wear th-wait it looks like a what?"
That response. Fucking lol. Oh my god I'm loving this game.
It's super goofy and cool. You should make a LTTP on the whole Persona series when you finish all of them btw.

Oberon

Banned
Bloodborne

The combat does feel more light than the other games, and some of the mechanics are nerfed too hard, like parrying, but overall it still feels fine.

Are you talking about BB or DS 2?

You will now! SHIELD THINE EYES, FOR IT IS THE FRANKENMECHA, DRAWN WHILE HALF-LISTNENING TO A LECTURE ABOUT BLACK HISTORY! Behold their notebook paper lines and despair!
That's Haroregusa on the left and Sutakurotchu on the right.

Is that a black hole on the second ones crotch?
Martin Luther King would have been proud ;__;7

Bloodborne

I love it. I gave the kirkhammer a shot and didn't care for it.
FYI
There are 3 versions of it: Normal, Uncanny and Lost. The only known differences being the Gem Imprints and the locations in which they are found.

I was not aware of this. I'm just using the normal and the gem slots are working out very well for me

Zenfalcia

You will now! SHIELD THINE EYES, FOR IT IS THE FRANKENMECHA, DRAWN WHILE HALF-LISTNENING TO A LECTURE ABOUT BLACK HISTORY! Behold their notebook paper lines and despair!
That's Haroregusa on the left and Sutakurotchu on the right.
My eyes have been destroyed, thanks.
Reminds me I should git gud at drawing, but i'm too lazy to put the effort.

My eyes have been destroyed, thanks.
Reminds me I should git gud at drawing, but i'm too lazy to put the effort.

As you can tell by my pictures, I'm a professional artist, and I've never worked at it a day in my life. You can just kinda slide your way by on the bare minimum of effort if you call your stuff postmodern, trust me.

I love it. I gave the kirkhammer a shot and didn't care for it.
I tried out the Kirkhammer. That and the Saw Cleaver are the only two weapons I don't particularly care for.
Yeah, hence the bloodstains in the Nexus. Still, I always thought it was an alright push and pull, but now we're getting into vague definitions of "difficulty". I think even with some mild World Tendency buildup it's not bad.
It's minor, but for some, who aren't particularly patient, there is a way to make the game easier.

I tried out the Kirkhammer. That and the Saw Cleaver are the only two weapons I don't particularly care for.

It's minor, but for some, who aren't particularly patient, there is a way to make the game easier.
That's true. Also are
Saw Spear and Saw Cleaver
different weapons? I never found the latter if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom