• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfebit

Banned
f1464873e5e8f4dacaae252ccc373f32.jpg

tumblr_n5sbirH03Z1rxl8dqo1_500.gif

Ilvocare

Order of Ecclesia, Aria of Sorrow, Symphony of the Night are the hype shit

I'd slap Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin there too. I would NOT put Circle of the Moon, though.

Also hey guys I've been gone for 10,000 millenia because of drastically trying to complete a belated lab report.

beinfilms

This almost works as a description of my feelings towards this thread (as opposed to the rest of NeoGAF)
or life in general, really.
The second sentence doesn't totally fit, but whatever. I'm easily amused.

A fully charged
Stakedriver
can knock
Rom
out of its
teleport
, so there's something a trio of hunters can exploit for fun and profit

Skrams

That's a big order. I wasn't a huge fan when I played like 10 minutes of it, I can give it a shot some other time.

Yeah, OK.

I'd slap Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin there too. I would NOT put Circle of the Moon, though.

Yeah, every DS/GBA Castlevania is pretty good. I don't know much about Circle of the Moon though besides the best friends QL and the biggest problem of that looked to be the weird walk/run shit. It just looked clunky as hell.

Like I said to Vid, if there wasn't items that can only be gotten in them I wouldn't be bothering with them. They give a ton of blood though.

I actually like the crazy difficult bullshit, it's a different enough experience from the main game and it's a good place to farm blood vials, bullets and blood

Ilvocare

Yeah, every DS/GBA Castlevania is pretty good. I don't know much about Circle of the Moon though besides the best friends QL and the biggest problem of that looked to be the weird walk/run shit. It just looked clunky as hell.

From my experience of CotM, the biggest issue is that, outside of sub-weapons and health and MP upgrades, any additional items that you could use, like say the cards that compose your spells and restorative items were completely random drops. Honestly this didn't bother me that much until the final boss's final form, who is fucking difficult to approach with your standard attack, can essentially OHKO you unless you grind up like 5 to 10 levels more than you normally would, and has an assload of health. It struck me as super odd because I didn't really NEED the larger RPG aspect of the game until right at the end, and grinding just to be able to have potions to heal 20 HP of your 600 HP lifebar is fucking bananas.

Also the postgame arena that's basically meant for people who beat the final boss forces you to do it
WITHOUT magic.
And the reward for going through it all the way, I believe, is a random drop!

...oh yeah the run and dash mechanic isn't the smoothest too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom