• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I love DS2, and while there are problems, every Souls games has problems, and whenever someone says something in comparison to the other games, it does things worst, I'm reminded why I don't compare games.

I wish I could be that way. I always have to compare games in the same series to each other. That's why I'm usually not that harsh on new IPs and praise the fuck out of a good sequel, but I despise very few things more than a sequel that's worse, even if its still good.

I think even terms like "Miyazaki games" is a bit touchy, but whatever, I hope we can just focus on the positives of Bloodborne without comparing it constantly, even if it's hard not to, with the similarities.

Mostly just paraphrasing since writing out Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne is too much and I'm too lazy.

I feel bad for people on the other side of the argument, that shit's gotta be frustrating and Pat constantly referencing Miyazaki's involvement is kinda a poor excuse for saying why it's better, but it's sorta cathartic to hear all my thoughts on Bloodborne mirrored by Pat.

Because honestly, that is how I feel too.
I can't even get in on either side of that argument because I've still not played DSII (though that will change soon), and all I can really do instead is just continually talk about how Dark Souls 1 is inferior to Demon's in nearly every way.

Bloodborne is fantastic, and Pat & Woolie's enjoyment of it is absolutely great, but out of the games Miyazaki has directed at From, only two out of those five are anything I'd consider worthy of all the unconditional praise he gets from people online.

I wish I could be that way. I always have to compare games in the same series to each other. That's why I'm usually not that harsh on new IPs and praise the fuck out of a good sequel, but I despise very few things more than a sequel that's worse, even if its still good.

No game gets lesser criticism from me. Just because you try something new doesn't block you away from criticism.

The only games I do compare are remakes or remasters, because they have a base to be compared to. That's why I hate Twin Snakes, even though if it was it's own thing, I would love the game.

The more I watch these FF XV videos the more hyped I get for it. That said, I hope the full game doesn't has better framerate than demo because wow was it bad at some parts.

I wonder what examples of that there are...
Mostly just paraphrasing since writing out Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne is too much and I'm too lazy.
Ahh, yeah ok.
I can't even get in on either side of that argument because I've still not played DSII (though that will change soon), and all I can really do instead is just continually talk about how Dark Souls 1 is inferior to Demon's in nearly every way.

Bloodborne is fantastic, and Pat & Woolie's enjoyment of it is absolutely great, but out of the games Miyazaki has directed at From, only two out of those five are anything I'd consider worthy of all the unconditional praise he gets from people online.
I am interested in your DS2 thoughts since you're one of the few people I've talked to who are that critical of DS1.
The more I watch these FF XV videos the more hyped I get for it. That said, I hope the full game doesn't has better framerate than demo because wow was it bad at some parts.
XV encouraging you and your partners to save each other all the time is a really cool way to reflect friendship in gameplay. Especially since Pat is playing poorly.

Did he direct any of the Armored Core games?

Anung

Un Rama
Its a real shame that mechaweek and the like have thrown the Revelations 2 LP out of whack. It's probably my favorite LP running on the channel at the moment.

Xiraiya

Pat: IT TOLD US TO GO HERE!

No Pat, it said you CAN go there, it's an open world game, sometimes open world games tell you about a place only for you to get your shit kicked in because they don't care about your level.
I love that, the only thing better than that is unknowingly stumbling over places that are just surprisingly dangerous.

Xiraiya

They didn't even finish the demo? I understand not finishing Hotline Miami, but that seems weird.
Zura huh? good choice.

And yeah doing multiple parts for XV and not finishing the demo seems weird to me too, either do one longish video on it or stick with it to the end, I mean they'd probably be done in another hour or two.

Zura huh? good choice.

And yeah doing multiple parts for XV and not finishing the demo seems weird to me too, either do one longish video on it or stick with it to the end, I mean they'd probably be done in another hour or two.

I haven't even finished the video yet, but if they get to the cave, all they have to do is finish that and rematch Deadeye and then the demo ends. Obviously there's a good amount to explore though.

Also, yeah Katsura is hilarious and is probably my favorite of a cast I'm starting to adore more than any other show's

The video just ends after they escape from a battle.

The ending is pretty fantastic, its a shame Pat will miss out on it of all people because that summon animation is MMMMMMMMMMMMM and he'd probably go crazy.

Xiraiya

It is weird. Most vertical slices are fairly quick to complete.
It's the fact it's multiple parts that is weird, when they uploaded it and I saw "Part 1/2" I thought "Oh cool we'll see a mini LP of the demo instead of a quick look thing"
Otherwise why bother making multiple videos, may as well cut the fat and edit both parts together.

Still, despite that being weird, I am super glad I got to see them play it.

Anung

Un Rama
It's the fact it's multiple parts that is weird, when they uploaded it and I saw "Part 1/2" I thought "Oh cool we'll see a mini LP of the demo, they must finish it"
Otherwise why bother making multiple videos, may as well cut the fat and edit both parts together.

Still, despite that being weird, I am super glad I got to see them play it.

They mentioned on the podcast how they recorded more footage than they intended too.

Liam just said on twitter they're doing the Nintendo Direct.

tumblr_n3lbcgGcVw1rirdwco1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom