• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloved

You know an LP is gonna be good when people are like "these parts are too short!" even though they're 30+ minutes.

I really hope they manage to make all of them at least 30 minutes though because 20 minute parts in a hype LP go by WAY TOO FAST.

Xiraiya

Oh man, I held my breath when Pat sat down at the Lamp, I was getting ready to be goddamn blown away if it healed him.

If only.

That would have been an amazing find.

You know an LP is gonna be good when people are like "these parts are too short!" even though they're 30+ minutes.

I really hope they manage to make all of them at least 30 minutes though because 20 minute parts in a hype LP go by WAY TOO FAST.
I know. I need to see the hype.
Oh man, I held my breath when Pat sat down at the Lamp, I was getting ready to be goddamn blown away if it healed him.

If only.

That would have been an amazing find.
I would have been ashamed that I didn't find something so simple.

They've been going to a lot of cons, huh? Appropriate, considering they're all cons.

oh.gif

I'm going to that con in June, even if I have to sell my blood.

sjay1994

Its going to be a great LP, but we are all really thirsty because off the progress being made each episode.

Going to use EpicNameBro as an unfair example because he knows where everything is, details about the lore, etc because he co wrote the BB strategy guide. His videos are around the same length, maybe a bit longer as SBF.

However his videos seem longer because he is making more progress. His first video covers all of centeral yharnam.

The progress made in that time is what is making it feel short.

Imagine if Pat and Woolie live streamed this. I'd be on that stream for hours.

sjay1994

Uh... There's fan expo?

It's not the same with the cheater.

I've been going to fan expo since 2011, SBF has never been a guest there.

Fanexpo is more like comic con where "celebrities" charge you 50+ for a signature, there are a bunch of stores selling comics, video games, figures, etc. A large artist alley.

And Sony, MS, Ubisoft, WB and the odd publisher here and there come to let people play their new games.

Lpr's are never featured guests except for PAX, because that focuses entirely on games, and SBF is a machinima guest.

Zenfalcia

I've been going to fan expo since 2011, SBF has never been a guest there.

Fanexpo is more like comic con where "celebrities" charge you 50+ for a signature, there are a bunch of stores selling comics, video games, figures, etc. A large artist alley.

And Sony, MS, Ubisoft, WB and the odd publisher here and there come to let people play their new games.

Lpr's are never featured guests except for PAX, because that focuses entirely on games, and SBF is a machinima guest.
I was bringing it up as a con PG was thinking about in Toronto.

I was tempted to go, but couldn't commit the time or money.

Xiraiya

Those BB episodes do feel short, but it's still great regardless, I'm really feeling this LP.

We both know that place is barely going to be used for SBFP discussion.
I just don't see the logic in making it about the Super Best Friends when that is very clearly not why it exists.
Just seems like a poor excuse for a tantrum, but oh well.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
You what would be great for this thread since we handicapped ourselves?
We should have a time where we just discuss the podcast, since everyone finishes it at different time.

SteveTR

I just don't see the logic in making it about the Super Best Friends when that is very clearly not why it exists.

Hey, do you think you could PM me the link? I'd like to see what it's all about.

Emouse

Those BB episodes do feel short, but it's still great regardless, I'm really feeling this LP.

They do, but thinking back most of the DS2 episodes were around 30 mins, really liking it too tho

I'm actually super behind on LPs due to spending more time actually playing games, I've only watched parts 1 & 2 of Rev2 because I wanted to finish it myself first, gotta go back and watch that, then the majority of the mechaweek(s) too

As long as they're having fun LPs turn out amazing. Compare Evil Within with Revelations 2. Matt was getting bored by the end and they were just sour and shitting on everything, where as in RE:R2 the Co-Op is well done and keeping them both entertained so it's always feeling great.

I feel like it's going to be the same with BB compared with DS2. Woolie got salt and was being stubborn at times. I don't see that happening here since they'll be trading off and shitting on each other instead of holding in salt or blaming the game. Plus I'm pretty sure with out differently this game works it's going to prevent frustration as well, at least to a certain degree.

Beloved

As long as they're having fun LPs turn out amazing. Compare Evil Within with Revelations 2. Matt was getting bored by the end and they were just sour and shitting on everything, where as in RE:R2 the Co-Op is well done and keeping them both entertained so it's always feeling great.

I feel like it's going to be the same with BB compared with DS2. Woolie got salt and was being stubborn at times. I don't see that happening here since they'll be trading off and shitting on each other instead of holding in salt or blaming the game. Plus I'm pretty sure with out differently this game works it's going to prevent frustration as well, at least to a certain degree.

I enjoyed both EW and DS2 quite a lot despite that, but I know what you mean.

The RE:R2 LP has been a pleasant surprise. I always look forward to getting the next part.

I wonder when Life is Strange ep 2 will be posted. I really want to see what choices they make and how their previous choices affect it.

That's maybe a bit misleading yes, it's more for SBF fans(or more specifically, the people that frequented this thread) to be able to talk about whatever they're talking about while this thread moves at a more reasonable pace and stays on topic.

No offense to the people that "have to" move on, but honestly it got a bit hard for a lot of people to keep up or be able to talk about the things people here were talking about. Hell, I was able to keep up for a week before it just went way too fast for me, it's a full time job trying to keep up.

If we could strictly keep it about SBF this thread can attract more fans again(I know for a fact some have been avoiding this thread because of the way it was) and be more focused on SBF.

And no, it doesn't mean that we can't go off topic once in a while, we're still a community and we're allowed to talk about life stuff or whatever if we want to, the issue was that the entire thread was offtopic.

Probably didn't say anything anyone didn't realize themselves but I just wanted to put my 0.02 in.

360pages

Honestly it's good to separate everything. This way, this thread can be more on topic and cleaner.

With that said I really need to watch the podcast, even if it's really long.

I enjoyed both EW and DS2 quite a lot despite that, but I know what you mean.

The RE:R2 LP has been a pleasant surprise. I always look forward to getting the next part.

I wonder when Life is Strange ep 2 will be posted. I really want to see what choices they make and how their previous choices affect it.

I haven't kept up with EW, because the game doesn't look interesting, but I felt the salt in the DS2 LP was fine. RE:R2 has been great, even though I need to catch up.

Wish I could watch videos at work.

R2 is probably my favorite thing going up right now just because of how well Matt works as a support player. LiS might be sometime after they get back from flying everywhere, or some time within the week if they already recorded before flying out.

aly

The thing I'm most excited for in the next RE:R2 episode is Matt finally using Natalia's bricks. Hopefully.

I completely forgot Pat and Liam still had that PSO2 bet.

Now that I've actually seen gameplay of it, I kind of really want it too.
As much as I kind of want to as well, I kind of have the same opinion as Gerstmann in that it's long past, and anyone that really wanted it would have already jumped through all the hoops to play it by now.

And since I clearly didn't do any of that, I don't have much drive to care these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom