• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to the reactions over SMTxFE. Frankly I think it looks like hot garbage but I know at least one Zaibatsu member *coughliamcough* will like it.

I'm looking forward to the reactions over SMTxFE. Frankly I think it looks like hot garbage but I know at least one Zaibatsu member *coughliamcough* will like it.

Considering Liam didn't like FE:Awakening remotely as much as the older ones like 7, I think there's a chance of him hating it the most. Other than Matt.

Considering Liam didn't like FE:Awakening remotely as much as the older ones like 7, I think there's a chance of him hating it the most. Other than Matt.

The problem with the artstyle is how boring it looks. I don't care that this one isn't as dark as other FEs or SMTs or whether they deal with the same themes as other SMTs or hell if its more Persona than mainline SMT but that artstyle is just bland. It could get tiring to look at after awhile.

The problem with the artstyle is how boring it looks. I don't care that this one isn't as dark as other FEs or SMTs or whether they deal with the same themes as other SMTs or hell if its more Persona than mainline SMT but that artstyle is just bland. It could get tiring to look at after awhile.

Yep. You'd expect more from Atlus after making the Persona games. Those games are anime as fuck but they managed to make the games have their own unique look and style to them.

This new game looked so generic that I actually doubted it was SMTxFE until the very last bit of the trailer. The artstyle really does a disservice to the SMT brand.

He doesn't like Awakening as an SRPG game. This new game looks more like a straight JRPG.

He also didn't like the heavier focus on relationships either compared to older FE games.

Too soon to tell. Don't know if the game is gonna pull some kind of twist on us, especially considering they've done it before with SMT4.

Ants

Skrams

I'm looking forward to the reactions over
SMTxFE.
Frankly I think it looks like hot garbage but I know at least one Zaibatsu member *coughliamcough* will like it.
Maybe it's just because I didn't have expectations or don't care about the stuff, but eh. I feel like those people shouldn't have put projections on a thing like that when we had nothing. I can't wait to see the reaction of OH, wait, OH OKAY at least.
I'm avoiding everything until the let's watch as I haven't seen it either. Gonna watch it for the first time during that vid.

Ok, don't read this thread for the next day then. Or go even glance at Gaming or anything else.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You know, a ton of things in FEA was infact in previous fire emblems to varying degrees, FE4, which is considered by the fanbase to be THE best fire emblem game ever made, featured reall marriage and baby making and a bunc hof other stuff they put back into FEA, I think FE4 is also famous for having a brother-sister incest route or something like that.

The more I watch Bloodborne LP, the more I want to purchase PS4.

But it's not exactly good investment to buy PS4 just for one game, not to mention FFXV and Silent Hills (if it's still under development but it will probably mediocre if Kojima's not developing the game) which are still more than a year away.

Skrams

Oh my god Pat use the gun

You literally have infinite bullets!!!

Pat's pretty insane so it makes sense he would never use them due to wanting to conserve. I have the problem as well where I just forget I have it when fighting bosses only for some reason.

Also listening to the podcast again and the Maffew Wrestlemania segment went over pretty well despite some hiccups of conversation flow of skype. Their personalities got along really well despite not having talked to each other before.

AlsoAlso Woolie for some reason thought you talked to every boss in SOTN before you fought them. That's wrong. There's maybe 10 or so separate times you talk to people in that game. Dialogue is so uncommon that every time you talk I always freaked out a little since the music completely ceases when it happens.

BigDes

It acts exactly like a parry.

Yep, time the shot right during an enemy swing and they will stagger then you run up to them press r1 and so a visceral attack

It is the easiest way to fight the dude with the axe (fire as soon as he raises his weapon) and the brick dudes, fire just as the attack animation starts swinging back at you

This is the best.
tumblr_nm6i0uCdDl1s897f9o1_1280.gif
Source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom