• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.

WE WERE SO CLOSE.

tumblr_nm7y2uMwHq1qis82bo1_540.png

tumblr_nm7y2uMwHq1qis82bo2_540.png
:(

I still find it funny that If looks more like what I imagined SMTxFE to be.

I hope Woolie enjoys Persona Q. I'm sad Liam and Pat skipped on it. But I guess we all know who the true fans are.

I'm 75% sure that Atlus will include the S/MT protagonists or notable characters from the franchise as DLC. Q had several DLC sub-Personas available for download both for a price and free.

I am of most of the Zaibatsu's opinion when it comes to SMTxFE, I think it looks pretty neat, will be fun to check out, shame fans can't pull the sticks out of their asses and get over the fact that a teaser might not match up with the final product.

I am of most of the Zaibatsu's opinion when it comes to SMTxFE, I think it looks pretty neat, will be fun to check out, shame fans can't pull the sticks out of their asses and get over the fact that a teaser might not match up with the final product.

There's a difference between "not matching up" and straight up lies. Unless I'm wrong and even the the MC of fucking SMT if will actually show up in this game. I'm beating a dead horse with this, but yeah its a trailer and I can only judge that trailer and not the final product.

But fuck that trailer. The game will probably be good though because of the pedigree of the developers in charge since DeSu is fucking amazing.

I'm 75% sure that Atlus will include the S/MT protagonists or notable characters from the franchise as DLC. Q had several DLC sub-Personas available for download both for a price and free.

I'd rather they not lock half the reason I'm buying the game behind a paywall, but whatever.

There's a difference between "not matching up" and straight up lies. Unless I'm wrong and even the the MC of fucking SMT if will actually show up in this game. I'm beating a dead horse with this, but yeah its a trailer and I can only judge that trailer and not the final product.

That trailer looks like a "from the studios that brought you SMT and FE" kind of thing. The "Development in Progress" disclaimer featured as prominently as any logo from either franchise

That trailer looks like a "from the studios that brought you SMT and FE" kind of thing. The "Development in Progress" disclaimer featured as prominently as any logo from either franchise

I know its just portraits ripped from other games, but at that point I'm pretty sure Atlus's name is even bigger than the SMT name due to Persona and other stuff they've made.

Its still gross, but I'm done complaining about it. I can only wait till E3 where we hopefully see more about it.

Skrams

People continuing to be salt over SMTxFE not being the game they made up in their heads for over a year? Great.

Besides that it's cool the guys rationalized the reasoning for Wonder Red and not just did what Matt did where he went lolvotegroose. Woolie also continues to hate eggs over one bad egg salad. Then Pat continues to hate Mayo when he seems like the kind of guy to not have even eaten a spoonsworth. He also continues to not finish games like Wind Waker and just reserve himself to watching others finish it for him. He said he played Baldurs Gate while his girlfriend was around. How can we even believe he was the one playing it anymore? I'd be williing to bet it was his GF all along. Bloodborne LP is probably just Woolie and her playing at this point while Pat puts on an act like he has for the past few years.

360pages

I'm split about the whole SMTXFE stuff. On one hand it could have worked well depending on how they did gameplay. On the other, the tones just might have been too different considering what FE Awakening was pretty much the Persona of the FE series.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm split about the whole SMTXFE stuff. On one hand it could have worked well depending on how they did gameplay. On the other, the tones just might have been too different considering what FE Awakening was pretty much the Persona of the FE series.
At this point, I guess everything's turning up Persona.

Archgan

People continuing to be salt over SMTxFE not being the game they made up in their heads for over a year? Great.

Besides that it's cool the guys rationalized the reasoning for Wonder Red and not just did what Matt did where he went lolvotegroose. Woolie also continues to hate eggs over one bad egg salad. Then Pat continues to hate Mayo when he seems like the kind of guy to not have even eaten a spoonsworth. He also continues to not finish games like Wind Waker and just reserve himself to watching others finish it for him. He said he played Baldurs Gate while his girlfriend was around. How can we even believe he was the one playing it anymore? I'd be williing to bet it was his GF all along. Bloodborne LP is probably just Woolie and her playing at this point while Pat puts on an act like he has for the past few years.

Well, his GF is in superjail right now so I think it would be pretty hard to accomplish that. But Pat really works hard to cheat so it is probably true.

But fuck that trailer. The game will probably be good though because of the pedigree of the developers in charge since DeSu is fucking amazing.
I still don't get how people don't see how the teaser doesn't at least suggest that's what we were getting. Like, why the fuck would you put the hero and heroine of every mainline SMT including If...

I think it's just hindsight being 20/20, looking back you can easily say it's just "our studios working together".

Also I just realized they left out Strange Journey, so that's kinda funny.

I still don't get how people don't see how the teaser doesn't at least suggest that's what we were getting. Like, why the fuck would you put the hero and heroine of every mainline SMT including If...

I think it's just hindsight being 20/20, looking back you can easily say it's just "our studios working together".

Also I just realized they left out Strange Journey, so that's kinda funny.

Which just brings the argument full circle and begs the question of why do you call it SMT x FE? The comments of people just saying "oh its not the game you wanted," or "oh people are still mad because its not the game they made up in their head" are straight bullshit. When you show off of a trailer with a bunch of old FE and SMT (mainline) characters and call your game SMT x FE, that comes with a lot of preconceptions and blaming the person for being angry that they were straight up lied to is even more bullshit. Its not about it not being the game I wanted. Judging strictly from the trailer, it suggests that the game they were initially pitching is dead more than anything and that's what I have a problem with. And its also clear as hell from the name change. I don't hate that new game and it looks decent. I just hate that it was what replaced the initial concept they were pitching.

The people calling it "weeb anime trash" suck, but the group saying "fuck all the haters, this looks way better" or whatever along those lines almost blurs the line on the whole DMC vs DmC debate.

Ok now I'm done talking about it. At least till the second trailer. And if I actually see something by then that is SMT or FE that had to do with that initial trailer then I'll ban myself for two weeks.

Judging strictly from the trailer, it suggests that the game they were initially pitching is dead more than anything and that's what I have a problem with. And its also clear as hell from the name change. I don't hate that new game and it looks decent. I just hate that it was what replaced the initial concept they were pitching.

Judging from the trailer, they didn't have an idea to pitch in the first place beyond the apocalyptical background image at the end of the announcement which seems to be in the second trailer as well. They wanted to announce a title drawing from both universes.

. Judging strictly from the trailer, it suggests that the game they were initially pitching is dead more than anything and that's what I have a problem with. And its also clear as hell from the name change. I don't hate that new game and it looks decent. I just hate that it was what replaced the initial concept they were pitching.
Agree with you completely, but in hindsight I think they mainly announced this years too early. The second they made that deal and that trailer must've been at the start of he development before they had anything concrete, and then actually working on the game changed it drastically.

Also I realized since that announcement ATLUS got picked up by SEGA and Index Corp died. Dunno if that affected stuff, but probably not.

Judging from the trailer, they didn't have an idea to pitch in the first place beyond the apocalyptical background image at the end of the announcement which seems to be in the second trailer as well. They wanted to announce a title drawing from both universes.

Its pointless to keep dwelling on the topic. There just isn't enough to analyze or even talk about. It'll just keep going in circles because no one knows anything about the game more than the 2 minutes they showed.

But, it's just as large a jump to a conclusion as anything else
The apocalypse element isn't anything to do with the argument. Showing every character from every one of your games and calling it a crossover carries connotations.

It's like if I announced Bayonetta x DMC and showed Bayo characters and DMC characters, and then went silent for two years and came back with an original game that's just developed by P*. And then there might be Bayo or DMC stuff in it, but it's not apparent and not the traditional idea of a crossover.

The apocalypse element isn't anything to do with the argument. Showing every character from every one of your games and calling it a crossover carries connotations.

The apocalypse could be said to be as an important a "character" as any of the MCs in the trailer. Mentioning the SMT brand carries post-apocalyptic connotations, too

The apocalypse could be said to be as an important a "character" as any of the MCs in the trailer. Mentioning the SMT brand carries post-apocalyptic connotations, too

But again, that doesnt have much to do with it. Just having a post-apocalyptic world doesn't automatically carry the brand of SMT, in the same way that having a war/skirmish setting doesn't carry the brand of FE. Not to disregard the importance of setting in their respective universes, but the familiarity of characters they showed off in the initial trailer is what really makes it a crossover.

You know I wonder if daily Bloodborne is gonna make a portion of the audience who might be dodging it because console game exclusive spoilers, upset. I mean if every day is Bloodborne, then you only get one a day, and if you don't like one of those OTHER series either, then you're left without anything.

I guess that's always a worry, but playing brand new games like LiS and Bloodborne seems to exaggerate the possibility in my head, since people haven't had much time to get it. And now that one particular LP is daily.

You know I wonder if daily Bloodborne is gonna make a portion of the audience who might be dodging it because console game exclusive spoilers, upset. I mean if every day is Bloodborne, then you only get one a day, and if you don't like one of those OTHER series either, then you're let without anything.

I guess that's always a worry, but playing brand new games like LiS and Bloodborne seems to exaggerate the possibility in my head, since people haven't had much time to get it.

Its been a problem for almost a whole year now. Probably why I've been rewatching a lot of their older stuff or just watching other stuff instead now.

Now its totally not an issue for me since I've beaten BB and have already explored pretty much all the areas in the game (with exception to most of the chalice dungeons, which I doubt they'll do) and have no interest in buying LiS. But it must be frustrating for the people who plan on playing both someday and don't want spoilers.

You know I wonder if daily Bloodborne is gonna make a portion of the audience who might be dodging it because console game exclusive spoilers, upset. I mean if every day is Bloodborne, then you only get one a day, and if you don't like one of those OTHER series either, then you're left without anything.

I guess that's always a worry, but playing brand new games like LiS and Bloodborne seems to exaggerate the possibility in my head, since people haven't had much time to get it. And now that one particular LP is daily.
Since I'm definitely not gonna get BB anytime soon, I need my BB fix. LiS definitely is the one I'd avoid for spoilers tho.

I just don't watch LPs of games I want to play, so LiS, Madworld, Revelations 2 and Bloodborne are things I just don't follow. In the case of Rev2, I'm waiting to beat my copy before starting (which I'm playing co-op so I'm able to progress at my leisure) and with BB I'm waiting for the entire LP to wrap up because you guys always complain the individual videos are too short.

Its been a problem for almost a whole year now. Probably why I've been rewatching a lot of their older stuff or just watching other stuff instead now.

Now its totally not an issue for me since I've beaten BB and have already explored pretty much all the areas in the game (with exception to most of the chalice dungeons, which I doubt they'll do) and have no interest in buying LiS. But it must be frustrating for the people who plan on playing both someday and don't want spoilers.

im getting Bloodborne(and some other games) and a PS4 in June
but then again im immune to spoilers as they only fuel my hype

im getting Bloodborne(and some other games) and a PS4 in June
but then again im immune to spoilers as they only fuel my hype

I can see how BB would totally be a game that would only get people more hype to play it by seeing spoilers. I'm paranoid about that shit personally, but its something that can work in both ways.

As someone who is dodging the Bloodborne LP I can say that it being uploaded every weekday is a minor annoyance at best.
Isn't there a thread to discuss the friendcast?

That thread got shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom