• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that would get the school legally fucked if anyone found out about it, even taking the corruption into account.

I forgot the name of that rich shitkid(Nathan?), but no way in hell does anyone get away with the shit he gets away with no matter how rich and influential your parents are.

360pages

I want to say that Chole is a shit friend. Though that might be more in line with the writing. I mean, holy shit, how many times does she almost have to die.

I want to say that Chole is a shit friend. Though that might be more in line with the writing. I mean, holy shit, how many times does she almost have to die.

It's a shame you can't just let her, y'know, die for making these stupid decisions.

If they could allow the player to make a choice like that and have the story make sense, it'd eclipse anything that David Cage or Telltale could ever do with their videogames.

Max basically is Donte.

image.php

See, this just makes me all the more NOT want to watch the Life is Strange LP. The writing just seems too much like the kind of horrible shit I want no part in, even if it's getting mocked in the process.

Life is Strange's coolest thing is how your previous choices matters through Episode 2, if they keep that up and have some real branching it'll be really cool. Liam made that one choice just to see if it bites him later, I hope the game capitalizes on it's one big strength it has right now.

Oh and as Matt if oft to point out, it doesn't run in a shitty engine.

I've kind of accepted that those kind of games just aren't for me. While I enjoy heavily story driven games (like my obsession with the Xeno series), I still need the game to have more involved gameplay than something like Teltale games or LiS gives.

Watching other people play through it blind is pretty awesome though, since its almost like you're watching a TV show with other people and seeing it end up a train wreck can lead to some amazing moments.

joe2187

Banned
The game engine is pretty great.

The writing is shit however.

It's pretty much the diametric opposite of a Telltale game.

The writing and tone was fine in Eps1

but from watching Eps2 it seems that it's taken a significant dive.

I've kind of accepted that those kind of games just aren't for me. While I enjoy heavily story driven games (like my obsession with the Xeno series), I still need the game to have more involved gameplay than something like Teltale games or LiS gives.

Watching other people play through it blind is pretty awesome though, since its almost like you're watching a TV show with other people and seeing it end up a train wreck can lead to some amazing moments.

D4 does everything better anyway.

MrHoot

I don't know if they even understood that armors in BB are more for situational encounters rather than "this one is straight up better"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom