• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the guy that Pat and Liam were talking about in the Mystery Box that got his neck cut by a skate is either Clint Malarchuk, goaltender for the Sabres, in 89 or, more likely, Richard Zednik of the Florida Panthers in 08, coincidentally in a game against the Sabres. I'm a Panthers fan and when I saw that on TV I was fucking terrified. There was so much blood on the ice and he was holding his neck and it was probably the worst thing I've ever seen on live television. In both incidences the cartoid artery was severed so they were minutes from death. Fucking scary shit.

There are videos of both incidences live on TV that you can find on Youtube, but you know, watch at your own fucking risk because that is some real ass shit.

Puedo hablar Frances e Español (un poco). Un dia, el Zaibatsu van a crear un video en Frances, este es mi sueño.

Prepara ti por el hype de Matt's Sexy Bond-A-Thon in 15 minutos!

/InternationalGAF

Siempre mantener es sueño de usted vivo.

/NotSureIfPuertoRicoCountsAsInternationalGaf

i hate it when people dont speak in english
you never know if your being insulted or not

The only time I hate it is when they know how to speak English but they continue to speak French because they're fuck rich white Quebecois assholes.

I get too much of that shit working retail in South Florida. I can tell they are understanding when I ask for the rewards card, tell them all sales are final, tell them about the discount, but they still talk to me in French. I'm okay if you're English isn't great, but if you know it, please speak it. You should be able to tell that the schmuck working retail in Florida doesn't know French. It's rude.

Who says "Hella yes" and "Hella best friends forever"?
Who goes to a dump to shoot bottles?
Who has a hideout at a dump?
WHO LIES DOWN ON TRAIN TRACKS?

How do you know Chloe isn't a serial killer that killed Rachel, Max? She's certainly not right in the head that's for sure. And at the end you go "thanks for showing me your hangout place Chloe", ignoring that she got threatened with a knife and then almost got herself killed in the stupidest way possible.

i hate it when people dont speak in english
you never know if your being insulted or not

Die onzekerheid die mensen erdoor hebben is juist het leuke.

patsworth_by_mothmandraws-d8php59.jpg

Source

Oh god. I made the mistake of trying to play Scholar of the First Sin immediately after platinum-ing Bloodborne. Pat, you're absolutely wrong that this was made by the "B" team.
They're like a "F" team at best.

Ants

I didn't think they just stole assets from shut up and jam in gaidan...

I didn't think Pat and Liam were fans of Basketball...

Yeah, that was actually kind of the mission statement of B:SU&J:G. To prove that you can make an amazing game even if you have no ability to create art or music assets, so long as you can work the engine and write. And it's certainly true, to the point that some assets are attributed more often to Barkley than to their actual source.

To my knowledge, assets used in the sequel will be original, since it's actually being sold. Barkley 1 was about to get away with that shit because it was free.

Oh god. I made the mistake of trying to play Scholar of the First Sin immediately after platinum-ing Bloodborne. Pat, you're absolutely wrong that this was made by the "B" team.
They're like a "F" team at best.

Play DS1 and you'll get the same feeling after playing BB. They're not the same type of game.

Play DS1 and you'll get the same feeling after playing BB. They're not the same type of game.
My emotional connection to DS1 is insane, but I went back to it and enjoyed it fine. I played a character who was at Smelter in DS2 and nope'd,

The whole emotional reaction thing is probably applying to DS2

Life is strange spoilers

Hey Max,
Don't you dare pick up your phone instead of immediately following me into a dump to shoot bottles though or I'll be all pissy! Let's lie down on the fucking train rails as it lets me think because I'm an idiot and an overall shitty excuse for a friend. Oh whoops my foot got stuck! Max, please get me out of this with your time powers now that I've created this almost cartoonish, predictable, stupid problem just like you've been doing the moment I popped up on the screen!

Hella yes, thanks Max, you're awesomesauce amazeballs! kek.

Woah Max you're bleeding out of your nose because I've been abusing your powers? Use your powers to help me shoot bottles!

Life is strange spoilers

Hey Max,
Don't you dare pick up your phone instead of immediately following me into a dump to shoot bottles though or I'll be all pissy! Let's lie down on the fucking train rails as it lets me think because I'm an idiot and an overall shitty excuse for a friend. Oh whoops my foot got stuck! Max, please get me out of this with your time powers now that I've created this almost cartoonish, predictable, stupid problem just like you've been doing the moment I popped up on the screen!

Hella yes, thanks Max, you're awesomesauce amazeballs! kek.
Chloe is kind of a shitty friend, but the writers are a big part of the problem, since they actively do stupid shit to create drama, instead of having Max explain shit to people. I bet Chloe wouldn't give Max shit over taking a phone call if Max explained why it was important to take it.

Chloe is kind of a shitty friend, but the writers are a big part of the problem, since they actively do stupid shit to create drama, instead of having Max explain shit to people. I bet Chloe wouldn't give Max shit over taking a phone call if Max explained why it was important to take it.

Well, it's a teenage drama, so stupid shit instigating is par for the course IMO.

Still, Max doesn't explain WHY that phone call is important? Cmon son.

I also feel like the writers are going to find a cop out for Chloe being a shitty friend, like blaming her step father or her mom.

I was just reminded about how I need to rewatch the Prison Break lp. During a video in American Law about Rikers Island, it showed a video of the Prison Break game when they first got to the prison. It was so out of place. The reaction from the class was "Is this the fucking Prison Break game?" which was followed by "Yes, this is the Prison Break game." after a close up of the characters. This reminded me how great the lp was, so i'll be rewatching it when I get home.

I haven't been watching the Life is Strange videos but is "amaze balls" actually said in the game?

Amazeballs is one of the less offensive things said.

Also watch the LP, I hate everyone in the game but that makes it all the more enjoyable to watch, and Matt and Liam are very good in this.
Oh I shot myself and you're starting to get nosebleeds? Make sure not to use this as an indication that you should just stop fucking around.
Okay we need to calm down now you've gotten your tenth nosebleed, let's relax on these completely safe train tracks. It's okay that I almost got myself killed again because at least we had fun?

360pages

Also watch the LP, I hate everyone in the game but that makes it all the more enjoyable to watch, and Matt and Liam are very good in this.

For it being a high class art school, this is some stupid shit happening. Like the sheer amount of ignorance and not giving a fuck for half of these events to happen in the story is jarring.

I loved the part where Liam
let Chloe shoot herself... twice.
For it being a high class art school, this is some stupid shit happening. Like the sheer amount of ignorance and not giving a fuck for half of these events to happen in the story is jarring.
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that would get the school legally fucked if anyone found out about it, even taking the corruption into account.

Neol

I loved the part where Liam
let Chloe shoot herself... twice.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that would get the school legally fucked if anyone found out about it, even taking the corruption into account.

Just the thought of this shit happening at a private high school is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom