• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

convo

lol Pat's influence and decision making scares me at times.

No it WILL go the worst possible route don't even question it. Good thing they play it on their own, but wait their terrible decision will just carry on the same and we will have just multiplied the problem.

Aww wanted to see their reaction to the extended hunter's axe charged R2, how could they not use one of the best moves in the game.

Can't wait till the next vid.

Honestly I don't want more FROM LP's after this. I know I'm in the minority but I find them boring to watch(and that's not Pat or Woolie's fault). Do something fresh or something that hasn't been done for a while. I'm okay with Demon/Dark Souls maybe a year after BB ends.
Man why are Souls fans always so harsh if people aren't literally perfect

That's just gamers in general. I'm like that whenever they do JRPG's, constantly pointing out stuff they missed or ways they're misunderstanding the battle system. I don't whine about it though, those guys are just assholes.

Thinking that ideal is only linked to Souls fans is wrong. Its just more prevelant among souls fans than any other due to the nature of the game and the crowd it attracts.

Lots of people were giving them shit during the SMRPG LP for not being "perfect", even on this GAF page.

Honestly I don't want more FROM LP's after this. I know I'm in the minority but I find them boring to watch(and that's not Pat or Woolie's fault). Do something fresh or something that hasn't been done for a while. I'm okay with Demon/Dark Souls maybe a year after BB ends.

I really doubt they're just gonna jump into DS1 or DeS after BB ends.

I personally hope they take on the Metal Gear games soon, but I'm not expecting it.

aly

My word that Bloodborne video. They are going to end up with literally one set of armour left after selling everything.

My word that Bloodborne video. They are going to end up with literally one set of armour left after selling everything.

Haven't caught up in BB yet, but it seems like they don't realize that almost every armor in that game is actually useful, and changing armors to fit certain situations/boss fights helps significantly.

I want more From Soft LPs, just ones that aren't Souls related. There are a ton of other great games they've made that are deserving of as much attention if not more so (some are of even higher quality).

Fuck it, they should play Otogi. That would be so good.

Part of me wants them to do Xenoblade

Another part of me knows that this will be bad for my health as I'll have a really hard time keeping myself from flaming the shit out of them, I got that game down to a science.

That must be the one of the biggest challenges of being an LPer:
Dealing with the general public who may have more cursory knowledge than the gamer/gamers.

I know I'd be the same fucking way if they did a FF7 run or an Earthbound run.

Gestahl

It's a good thing Pat's half paying attention to other streams during the course of the playthrough so that he can be even more confidently misinformed and wrong during the actual videos

Zenfalcia

I wonder what their thought process is... Do they do it for the little bit of money you get, or maybe they know for sure they're never going to use it again? But it's not like you can buy them back and there's only one unique set of each armour.
It's a good thing Pat's half paying attention to other streams during the course of the playthrough so that he can be even more confidently misinformed and wrong during the actual videos
It's just like the Dark Souls 2 LP, where he was wrong all the time.
:p

Lol more importantly, was he trying to get Max to do the wrong thing in his stream playthrough before the Twitch watchers stopped him =p ?

"I like it better than Kirkhammer already."

smdh

Now you know how I feel when they dropped the cane after like 1 episode.

I wonder what their thought process is... Do they do it for the little bit of money you get, or maybe they know for sure they're never going to use it again? But it's not like you can buy them back and there's only one unique set of each armour.

Woolie's insistent need to cash echoes in, and the selling of armors may mean that he's in the mindset that this is a RPG. The Souls games are barely RPGs, and Bloodborne is less RPG than they are. It is horizontal progression the entire way through, and the sooner he drops this mindset, the sooner the LP becomes great.

Zenfalcia

That's because people really like the souls games. It doesn't help they're going against some of the morals they set up in DS2.
Woolie's insistent need to cash echoes in, and the selling of armors may mean that he's in the mindset that this is a RPG. The Souls games are barely RPGs, and Bloodborne is less RPG than they are. It is horizontal progression the entire way through, and the sooner he drops this mindset, the sooner the LP becomes great.
Their mindset isn't too great, but this might be due to hype and lack of sleep? On the bright side, their decisions aren't ruining the playthrough. It's not screwing them over and they're still progressing, which is the important part.

Yeah, but the Kirkhammer is actually cool. :p
"Cool" Sure buddy.
Their mindset isn't too great, but this might be due to hype and lack of sleep? On the bright side, their decisions aren't ruining the playthrough. It's not screwing them over and they're still progressing, which is the important part.

Not yet!

Why trust shady doctor in shady clinic over chapel lady/man/thing?
You folks don't know what you're missing man, so many situations can be solved with a longer range and a wider sweep.

All with a dash of class.
What are you talking about? Because if it's the cane, hella yes.

Stake Driver too cool tho.

What are you talking about? Because if it's the cane, hella yes.

Stake Driver too cool tho.

Yup the cane- I thought I needed to switch it out for something else but 85% of the problems I have were solved by just using the cane.

Woolie ain't making sounds like this when he's swinging a cane around. That cane can't satisfy him like the Kirkhammer can.

The Kirkhammer is just another flavor of the week for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom