• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a deck I liked and stuck with it, as long as you have xyz and Synchro cards you should be fine, none of that pendulum nonsense.

Pendulum ain't shit, there's apparently only two real decks you can build around it that are viable. And no, even if you have Synchro and XYZ, you're fucked if you're not running an archetype. They're the entirety of the game and have been since GX, which sucks in my opinion.

Zenfalcia

The power of friendship will conquer all, even sexualized cartoon versions of monsters! Yugi-Boy.
Yeah! Believe in the heart of the cards!
I guess I'll have to listen to some of the Aldnoah stuff for that duet. I enjoy cool shit like that. It works because it's a fight with sound, but that's the point. Sound vs Sound. Not much else to say besides that I like Kill La Kill a lot. I got really wrapped up in it as it was airing and rewatched episodes a few times to tide me over until the next week. The amount of times I'd go back to that specific first scene with Blumenkranz just to hear the tiniest snippet of the song was too many. Also took notice of a lot of shit because of that. Also helped me appreciate the music integration a lot too.

The fucking wedding scene music too. Fuckkkkk.
There is one duet song, i think, but there are ones that are like a character's theme and the lyrics represent their thoughts.

You probably like KLK more than me for sure. :p

Pendulum ain't shit, there's apparently only two real decks you can build around it that are viable. And no, even if you have Synchro and XYZ, you're fucked if you're not running an archetype. They're the entirety of the game and have been since GX, which sucks in my opinion.
Oh you don't have an Archetype? Yeah you're probably fucked then, I thought you just had an older archetype. I run ghostricks kitty lockdown.
Yeah! Believe in the heart of the cards!

There is one duet song, i think, but there are ones that are like a character's theme and the lyrics represent their thoughts.

Dattebayo.

Rean

Also Before My Body is Dry is a duet of Ryuko singing and Senketsu rapping. It's fucking great and it's a crimeeeee that it never got played in it's entirety on the show.
I didn't even know that.

Before my Body is dry is my favorite song on the OST. I loved every moment it played in the show.
Huh why is 21 the legal drinking age?
thats such an odd number, why not 20?
Also I became 21 an hour ago if anyone cares.
Happy birthday zed!

Oh you don't have an Archetype? Yeah you're probably fucked then, I thought you just had an older archetype. I run ghostricks kitty lockdown.

Dattebayo.

Archetypes require a lot of money that I don't have and every game plays out the same way, which is super shit. I run a Lvl Dragon Deck. Shit was OP for a short period of time. And that was when I won state championship.

Archetypes require a lot of money that I don't have and every game plays out the same way, which is super shit. I run a Lvl Dragon Deck. Shit was OP for a short period of time. And that was when I won state championship.

I remember lv dragons, that was when I was a little babby and elemental heros were cool.

Skrams

That's a cool use of music then. A duet would make sense with that series too considering the opposing forces of Mars and Earth or Slaine and Inaho.

Also yeah, KLK is hype.
I didn't even know that.

Before my Body is dry is my favorite song on the OST. I loved every moment it played in the show.
Yeah, the rap isn't anywhere in the series and that sucks. It's a really cool idea for a track. I'd probably go with Blumenkranz, but Before My Body is Dry is reallyyyyy good.
I thought things had to be alive to celebrate birthdays
Happy birthday, zed

They keep celebrating Megaman's birthday so anything goes really.

Zenfalcia

That's a cool use of music then. A duet would make sense with that series too considering the opposing forces of Mars and Earth or Slaine and Inaho.

Also yeah, KLK is hype.

Yeah, the rap isn't anywhere in the series and that sucks. It's a really cool idea for a track. I'd probably go with Blumenkranz, but Before My Body is Dry is reallyyyyy good.
it is. You won't be able to find the music on youtube unless you want covers, so you're going to have to get them from local abime stores. There's also music for the princess
and her ideals of wanting to unite earth and mars and wanting to see the beauty of earth.
at least that's what i remember, hopefully i haven't misremembered.

It makes me sad when people hate on the rap. Without it it's not the same.
Morning salutations. Happy closer to death day Zed.

I'm tired.
Morning, mate. Tired of life or just tired?

RainSD

Neo Member
itsfine_zpsisa4rokk.gif

Speaking of tired. 6AM, time for bed.
Sounds about right. Goodnight.

Dattebayo.

Physical I run Six Sam since i only had the money to spend on the structure deck. Online I run Hunders and Elemental Charmers. I lose a shit ton but eh it's fun.

Sawano's soundtracks can really just be summed up with Gundam UNICORN > everything else he did maybe, I don't know he did some anime before UNICORN that I didn't watch. But it's fine because UNICORN is definitely his best.

Zenfalcia

It's not nuclear enough to prompt people to start discussions worthy of mass bannings, but people are pushing for editorializing XV hard.
What's their reasoning for pushing it so hard?
I don't even care if you watch the series
you totally should tho
but this soundtrack deserves at least one listen.
I'll get to all the gundam series eventuallu.
They are aren't they?
They are. Even their other possessed form is cute too.

That XV can tell the same story if you replace a male with a female, but they're glossing over the fact that the director doesn't want to tell the story of a mixed gender group.

Has there ever been an all-male FF party ever? I can think of at least one all-female party but not all-male. I guess if you want to include Squeenix as a whole then maybe Kingdom Hearts counts?

Has there ever been an all-male FF party ever? I can think of at least one all-female party but not all-male. I guess if you want to include Squeenix as a whole then maybe Kingdom Hearts counts?

The argument can be made that the original FF was all-male. But that's a different thing then intentionally making it that way,

It doesn't seem like they care about the director and they just want the thing.

Pretty much

Zenfalcia

Morning guys.
I feel like bloodborne is a maze puzzle.
Git gud at directions.
...I will never forgive you for this. I'd finally almost completely forgotten that song existed.
#NeverForget

It's fiiiiine!
The argument can be made that the original FF was all-male. But that's a different thing then intentionally making it that way,

Pretty much
It is understandable people want diversity or just want more girls. Maybe the director has good reasons for it to be all male?

Amazing. Never change, gamers.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It is understandable people want diversity or just want more girls. Maybe the director has good reasons for it to be all male?

Amazing. Never change, gamers.

Did you read the thread? He gave reasons. And while some may not agree with his philosphy or design approach, they are valid ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom