• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am.

Yeah. The biggest worry I have with early access is that the developer will just stop working on it and leave it unfinished. I highly doubt that Tripwire would do that.

Exactly. From the way they continue to support their older games I feel safe in thinking everything is going to be fine with this, barring some company destroying events at least.

Oberon

Banned
"man what if Oberon had a hot sister"

I wish!

All at once, you can do it

Do tell

This happened:

I was doing some homework with two female friends of mine. We were talking and stuff, until the conversation somehow escalated and one of the girl sad "Any idea how we could make Oberon feel uncomfortable? I know, let's talk about sex!"
Now they went on talking about various things, including their first visite at the genecologue, different "women problems", different form of birth control,
how they're first time went, masturbation, and other ways of sexual act.

Xiraiya

Fuck you its a hype show
tumblr_nl2v39ylIW1timq39o1_540.gif

Calm yourself, Jack.

Emouse

This happened:

I was doing some homework with two female friends of mine. We were talking and stuff, until the conversation somehow escalated and one of the girl sad "Any idea how we could make Oberon feel uncomfortable? I know, let's talk about sex!"
Now they went on talking about various things, including their first visite at the genecologue, different "women problems", different form of birth control,

Nice

Theme of Hisako.

Aganos ain't got shit on this.

NICEE

Who was it that played FFXIV in here?

I kind of want to hop back in for the expansion, even though I never made it to the base game's level cap.

I hit level 30 and got my first job before I let my subscription go. Gonna wait for the expansion because I really want the machinist job more than the bard one.

Beat Agni and Rudra before they could merge, not sure whether I was supposed to do that but I didn't want to face the merged form since it's a pain in the ass.

Beat Agni and Rudra before they could merge, not sure whether I was supposed to do that but I didn't want to face the merged form since it's a pain in the ass.

The best way to fight them is to get them both down to very little health before you kill each of them. Once you figure out how they work, its not too tough of a fight.

Squishy3

I hit level 30 and got my first job before I let my subscription go. Gonna wait for the expansion because I really want the machinist job more than the bard one.
I'll probably be right there with you for the expansion. For whatever reason I thought it hit a lot sooner than June.

Pillars of Eternity it is then!

I'll probably be right there with you for the expansion. For whatever reason I thought it hit a lot sooner than June.

Pillars of Eternity it is then!

Yeah, it didn't even get a release date until like two weeks ago. But i had enough fun with it to be all in for that expansion and another month. If I like the end game content (which I'm not sure I will), then I'll keep going.

mrmyhthef

Don't know if you're supposed to but that's definitely the way that'll give you the least trouble. It's actually not that hard to do since it's a pretty exploitable fight (at least on normal).

The best way to fight them is to get them both down to very little health before you kill each of them. Once you figure out how they work, its not too tough of a fight.

Yeah it took a few tries to figure out the best way to do damage, I eventually figured out how to semi-consistently get them stunned and do big damage.

Zenfalcia

Maybe. I usually stay away from early access but I trust Tripwire. The Red Orchestra 2 beta was rough but that is the point of these things right?
I'm sad due to the lack of sharpshooter perk in the early access. ;_;
I know I am.
Same.
I wish!

This happened:

Do you have more details of their conversation? Sounds really interesting. Like do
they use one or two fingers, tampon, pads or something else? So they talked about periods i assume?

RainSD

Neo Member
I have to personally disagree. Bloodborne is fantastic, but it has its issues.
I would definitely rate it higher than Dark Souls after getting finally having some time to really see what it has to see offer. I'm curious as to what you consider the issues with BB?

Zenfalcia

Matt finally watched Inferno Cop

You haven't even gotten to all the Berserk references yet
Nice. What does he think of it?

I-is there
an arm cannon? Or even a giant slab of metal? Oh god.. if they have the berserk armour that changes... Bloodborne is basically all of berserk, you're playing as guts against monsters. You change into a monster/berserker when you get really angry or purposefully do it. You can turn into a beast right?
is there a griffith equivalent? >_>

RainSD

Neo Member

I-is there
an arm cannon? Or even a giant slab of metal? Oh god.. if they have the berserk armour that changes... Bloodborne is basically all of berserk, you're playing as guts against monsters. You change into a monster/berserker when you get really angry or purposefully do it. You can turn into a beast right?

The Kirik Hammer us literally just a slab of metal. Its so good.

Obvious technical issues aside (that are getting patched, but probably still won't be that good), BB blows away everything DS tried to do.

It actually has consistently good boss fights.

I-is there

Spoilers
Also there's a boss intro that I liken to the Eclipse. It's not a human-type nor looks like Femto, though

Also, if you wave at the doll
she tilts her head to the side and it looks so adorable

199/10 best video game ever

Funny you should say that. I find the first boss in Bloodborne to be a bad one
cleric beast
, though the rest so far have been good.

He's the best of the first real boss fights in souls games.

RainSD

Neo Member
Obvious technical issues aside (that are getting patched, but probably still won't be that good), BB blows away everything DS tried to do.

It actually has consistently good boss fights.
Fuck that third boss so much. I haven't had that much trouble with a boss since Gwyn from DS where I had to learn how to parry.
I'd rate it higher than Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 2, but not Dark Souls just yet.
Every game has issues and I'm sure they'll be fixed, well at least some of them like frame rate and loading screens.

Anung

Un Rama
Sure, but overlooking doesn't entirely mean ignoring. I'm having a blast, but that doesn't mean I'll ignore its shortcomings. Every Souls game having the same issues does not justify later games having them as well; that's completely irrelevant.

I'm not ignoring it obviously since I'm aware of its shortcomings. All I'm saying is you can't totally begrudge its flaws when up until this point they are almost a given when it comes to this series. The impact of these flaws is lessened on me now. The game does so much well that I can ignore its flaws. I don't understand what your problem is with me enjoying a game a whole bunch.

You are absolutely correct, though that doesn't really mean anything.

It actually means a lot. Even if the fight itself isn't anything special, for souls veterans it dictated a lot about future encounters. If they managed to finally put out a decent boss by the first boss in the game, it gave you hope that they finally managed to nail the formula to making good boss fights down the line and the four I've been through so far have definitely been a great treat.

Hey guys whats up?
250px-Party_Hat.png

So looks like a barcade opened up in my town, I have to look at more pics but no third strike cabinet so far, only a SF2 vanilla cabinet.

I fought
Father G
first. I found the one you are talking about to be pretty bad simply due to the camera.

The camera definitely has its issues in this one. For normal encounters and walking around its fine, but the second a boss tries to jump over your head is basically when it just dies.

Luckily, other than the first boss, I haven't had much issues yet.

Though it seems like its gonna be some trouble during the
prison boss where he's basically half the size of the arena.

The camera definitely has its issues in this one. For normal encounters and walking around its fine, but the second a boss tries to jump over your head is basically when it just dies.

Luckily, other than the first boss, I haven't had much issues yet.

Though it seems like its gonna be some trouble during the
prison boss where he's basically half the size of the arena.

I think the size of the arena also played a part in the camera issues, I haven't had any issues with it after the beating it.

So I dont see third strike but the do have classic KI, arcade punch out, simpsons beat em up, i THINK i saw double dragon so i can get 50000 on double dragon.
Oh shit and its opening tomorrow.
Also happy burfday to me to the people who werent here last night.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

That's pretty much how they're designed. You pick your poison. Either take one out so you have single powerful foe or you deal with them each separately. A lot of new players don't expect the souped up version after defeating one. I think it's a great twist to the fight.

You're making good progress, since you just started a day or so ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom