• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started listening - got yourself a new fan!

Intro music is super obnoxious though :(

It's Kirby tho. It's fiiiiiine. Watch the MK and the WWE All Stars Machinima episodes. Those are classics.

Oh jeez now I seem like an asshole. Not the actual very beginning :S

Apologies!

It's FIIINNNE!

I'm gonna sync this up with a video in a few, but I think I'm actually gonna finish this in 2-3 hours!

"No one can see me move... in the Dahkness."
LMAO

"AWWWW SHIT AMERICA!"

I'm gonna sync this up with a video in a few, but I think I'm actually gonna finish this in 2-3 hours!

I still find it hard to believe that this is actually happening. Oh man, this is going to be so awful. I hope they put it on the podcast.

Just started listening - got yourself a new fan!

Intro music is super obnoxious though :(

Welcome to our Woolie Hole. Once you've entered you can never escape. Enjoy your stay.

Halloween beats all holidays. You get to run around and be a jackass all night with the excuse that you're in character.

I'll get on Ultimax in a bit, but I'm gonna suck because I haven't played at all for a while.

I think we can all agree that October is the best month for Holidays ( for Canadians)

There's Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Oktoberfest. Woooo Oktoberfest!

BazzBro

i dont know why, but having low class people (you know, the druggy looking old people who are actually really young but fucked up in life) just yell at me is disheartening as all fuck

I hate living in the city

Eh, the third-party thing doesn't matter much one way or the other as a companion console, so it never really influenced my standing on the console (which I never intended or imagined would be anything other than a secondary Nintendo-only box). You just have to be aware of it, I think.

If you buy the Wii-U thinking it will play Bayonetta 2, Smash, Mario (Bros/Kart/etc.), Xenoblade, and eventually Zelda, you should be pretty happy with it. If you buy it thinking it will ever see third-party support again, you're just needlessly setting yourself up for disappointment. Enjoy the Wii-U that is, don't pine for the Wii-U that never will be.

I don't. The Wii U is a companion console for me, as is my PS4. I'm a PC first consumer.

The Wii U was destined to failed. There was no way that it was going to succeed, unless a miracle happened. The casual market had left. The hardcore was not interested.

I'm fine with what my Wii U has become, a system waiting for the big title for me (Bayo/Smash). The PS4 is the same as well (Bloodborne).

What disappoints me is that this didn't have to go down like this.

Just woke up from a bnapx what I miss?

Gonna go get food then watch two more episode of Eva and then toonami. I may stop after gurren tonight just to watch more EVA.
Hellsing is cool and all but its not gonna be landing in my top tens any time. Blood pinatas are dumb and theres no tension in the show cause Alucard is invincible, gurren lagann goes to levels beyond and still manages to create tension.

360pages

Believe it.

it's appealing to a broad audience, i can see why people like it.

Pretty much, despite not even being a fraction as big as DBZ. It's pretty much the second most popular anime here at the moment. What people usually fail to understand why long Anime is so popular...is well they are long. Stories are still being told with those characters. When things end they fade away unless they made a huge mark or a remake.

Bleach just manged to get so draggy it faded away a lot more. Naruto however managed to keep most of its fanbase and what not somehow.

Well, I'm excited for The Evil Within's PC port again because it surely can't be as bad as FFXIII's PC port.

AwRef9m.jpg

Well, it isn't as bad as FFXII...

Alfebit

Banned
I GIVE MY LIFE
NOT FOR HONOR BUT FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I finished mixing all the audio. For some reason I can't get "with darkness and silence through the night" to sync at all, so it sounds AWFUL. We get some really nice harmonies going though.

Awesome, can't wait!

I haven't played a Megaman game since 2 when I was a babby, so it's taking me forever to get anywhere. I'm still on Chill Penguin.
That's fine, take the time you need. The game is pretty flat in difficulty until the endgame since you can go to any of the stages, so don't get discouraged.

That also means the music will only get better for you.

I don't. The Wii U is a companion console for me, as is my PS4. I'm a PC first consumer.

The Wii U was destined to failed. There was no way that it was going to succeed, unless a miracle happened. The casual market had left. The hardcore was not interested.

I'm fine with what my Wii U has become, a system waiting for the big title for me (Bayo/Smash). The PS4 is the same as well (Bloodborne).

What disappoints me is that this didn't have to go down like this.

You guys talking about the realities of the Wii U are talking truth that I'm not prepared to accept yet.

This current gen will probably be my last console cycle gen. After this, no more of it.

I can't keep spending money on games I can barely afford and keep up with all of the stuff that comes out. This gen is my final one of being a gamer and afterwards I think I'm calling it quits.

I've been feeling this way for awhile now and seeing all of the cool looking stuff but not being as hype as I used to be, my optimism has diminished and became cynicism. I can't keep up with it and I'm prepared to jump into other interesting hobbies I've neglected.

Zenfalcia

Pretty much, despite not even being a fraction as big as DBZ. It's pretty much the second most popular anime here at the moment. What people usually fail to understand why long Anime is so popular...is well they are long. Stories are still being told with those characters. When things end they fade away unless they made a huge mark or a remake.

Bleach just manged to get so draggy it faded away a lot more. Naruto however managed to keep most of its fanbase and what not somehow.

That's true. DBZ is alot bigger. Long and there's alot of cool action and character development. They always manage to have some story to actually care about. Might alsp be alittle of watching it as a kid when naruto was a kid and relating? Or nostalgia? Idk.

It's alot less dumb i'll tell you that.. bleach with its deep "story"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom