• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

College life's gonna be rough... I'll probably just bring my 3DS and/or Vita until I know it's safe for me to bring a console to my dorm or appartment (if I get one later on).

College could be rough. It depends on your course load an how you manage it.

Are you afraid of it being stolen or broken? Cuase that could happen. You should bring something that a group of people can enjoy or atleast more than one and then add more when you feel comfortable.

I'd like to see Japan, Amsterdam, UK, Spain, and Switzerland.

That's going to cost alot, but with some careful planning you could eventually do it. Make sure you have plans and a set budget.. i know someone who was doing a multiple cities trip only to over spend in the first 2 cities.. it was bad..

Do you plan to do these visits seprrately or all within one giant trip?

I think Bleach would have been a lot better if they focused in Ichigo and his friends rather than the whole Soul Society, because at that point, every named character from every named fraction is going to have to get their time to shine. This slows down the story, with constant cuts to other action scenes and what not.

I don't hate bleach and enjoy their character designs, but it really needed more focus.

They covered too much ground too fast and ded too many characters. If only they slowed it down and took their time. Other shounen do the character have their time but bleach focuses alot on too many.

I got sick of the more and more factions story. The art is ok and i dont hate it either.. focus and better pacing..

Edit: I only read the manga and ignored all of the anime. Just like one piece, fairy tail and other mainstream shounens.

360pages

Gaming is such a wonderful business. The economy around it is beautiful, and watching sales trends are great. I stay in the know, so I can have a better understanding on the business and processes.

It can suck the joy out of some, but for me, it's part of the fun.

I have said this exact thing so many times. It's one of the larger gripes I have with the manga.

The anime gets it worst, but that piece of trash deserves to be ignored.

That's always the risk of having a big cast. Having the characters isn't a problem, hell both my fic as well as my story has a decent size cast. If you want to show more people rotate them in and out not to bog everything down. Viewers/readers have a hard time keeping up with 6 named characters at once. Rotating them keeps things fresh while not having 10+ fights happening at once.

Bit late to this, but GGs everybody. Missed PG, but I had some good games with TC, Joe, and someone I'm not sure was from here.

Ultimax is still awesome.

Possible Pokemon OR/AS Leak

Take Everything with a grain of salt

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/1...by-and-alpha-sapphire-info-leaks-onto-the-web

- Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone will be featured in the demo. You'll receive their mega stone depending on the version of the demo.

- Mega Flygon and Mega Jirachi supposedly exist. There's supposed to be many other Megas as well but the leaker cannot confirm as of yet.

- The Trick House is returning and it is supposed to be "amazing".

- Mega Milotic is a "high chance" and will supposedly be Water/Fairy with increased Sp. Def.

- Other rumoured Mega evolutions include Shiftry, Ludicolo, Butterfree, Zangoose, Seviper, Raticate, Torkoal, Slaking, Exploud, Azumarill, Mightyena, Tropius and Ninetails.

- Items from the demo including Solrockite and Lunatonite will transfer into the full game.

- Johto starters are in the game. There's conflicting information on whether they have mega evolutions or not.

- Character customization is returning.

- The encounters will be more diverse.

- Battle Frontier is possibly back.

- Groudon and Kyogre are version exclusive.

- Pokemon Contents are revamped and "very beautiful".

- Canada will receive the demo.

- Pentagon applies to all Pokemon now. Not just ones indigenous to Kalos.

- Move Tutors return.

- There's a lot more post game content.

- Gym leaders will have changes to the pokemon they use.

- No double mega evolution.

Akronis

Why??? It's a hobby, like anything else you do with your free time.

I'm only trying to ween myself into other hobbies that can consume some of my free time.

Matt, pat, Liam, and Woolz have enough hype for me to enjoy my hobby without actively consuming all the time. They've gotten me into games and genres I'd never give a second glance too. I bought a bit of my recent collection because of their track records on games.

I guess it's sad to me because I could never see myself giving up gaming as a hobby. I really don't enjoy much else beyond gaming (maybe shooting, but I can't do that everyday).

Why??? It's a hobby, like anything else you do with your free time.

I'm only trying to ween myself into other hobbies that can consume some of my free time.

Matt, pat, Liam, and Woolz have enough hype for me to enjoy my hobby without actively consuming all the time. They've gotten me into games and genres I'd never give a second glance too. I bought a bit of my recent collection because of their track records on games.
I honeslty find it really depressing when someone says they don't enjoy there hobby anymore

College could be rough. It depends on your course load an how you manage it.

Are you afraid of it being stolen or broken? Cuase that could happen. You should bring something that a group of people can enjoy or atleast more than one and then add more when you feel comfortable.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. Being in college, I won't exactly have the money for another console because I need the money to actually live. Haha. And I really only have fighting games on my PS3 and, soon, PS4 that I could play with others.

- Character customization is returning.

- Canada will receive the demo.

This is what I care about the most. Man, it's going to be weird going back to Pokemon. Haven't played any of the games in ages.

Some of these i'm not too surprised that it will happen. Like version specific legendaries. I hope they dont stay too far from ruby and saphire. It'll make me sad. I played alot of ruby as a kid.

Are we both going to get different versions so we can trade and shit?

NGE episode 6
this episode seemed to be mostly finding a way to defeat the angel with only a few scenes devoted to Rei as to get to know her character, it seems like she is going through the hedgehogs dilemma too but unlike Shinji who is scared to get close to anyone, she seems to just believe that she has no one.
Also sometimes i dont get Shinji, dont pilot[ the EVA or not everyone is ok with him not piloting it, except maybe gendo but who knows, answer is the people whove seen the whole series. I get hes only piloting the Eva mainly because hes expected to and doesnt wanna cause anyone problems, but the core factor that seems to get him to pilot the EVA seems to be Rei, every time hes about to just stop it always comes back to "if you dont pilot unit 01 well just get Rei to pilot it" and that always seems to get him into the mech even though be barely knows her.
these early episodes seem to mainly serve the purpose of setting up the main characters.

Poor laptop, you weren't built for rendering videos. Blame all these horrible BestGAF people.

I'm really excited about this you guys.

j2Qez2u.png

1....2....3....MOVE THAT BUS!

Zenfalcia

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. Being in college, I won't exactly have the money for another console because I need the money to actually live. Haha. And I really only have fighting games on my PS3 and, soon, PS4 that I could play with others.

Yeah, dont expect getting the newest consoles or a ton of games, unless you have friends that have the games or have enough money to buy it. You'll figure it out.

You might want to look into a summer job to get pocket money during the school year.

Hm. Konami just caught my opening as third party content on YouTube.

GUYS I CAN'T MONETIZE IT!

OH NO, HOW WILL YOU BE ABLE TO FUND THIS VENTURE? WE'LL BE GOING INTO THE RED IF WE CAN'T MAKE MONEY!

Jirachi?!
yea fuck Inquisition im defnately im cancelling my deluxe edition Preorder and getting Pokemon Omega Sapphire(i played Ruby back in the day) and Persona Q

360pages

I doubt I'll be able to afford pokemon, it was either that or smash bros...and smash bros won obviously.

Also did I mention how much I love writing.

Zenfalcia

I honeslty find it really depressing when someone says they don't enjoy there hobby anymore

It's like a divorce.

Kid: Why is Hobby and Daddy breaking up? Don't they love each other? Why cant they just get back together? *cries*

I doubt I'll be able to afford pokemon, it was either that or smash bros...and smash bros won obviously.

Also did I mention how much I love writing.

I hope you didnt regret it.

Everyday.

360pages

It's like a divorce.

Kid: Why is Hobby and Daddy breaking up? Don't they love each other? Why cant they just get back together? *cries*

I hope you didnt regret it.

Everyday.

Nah, smash comes once every blue moon. I can pick up pokemon anytime and it will still be popular and what not.

Zenfalcia

Oh. Hm. Want me to make it unlisted?

Well.. it's not like.. alot of people will see it if it's public.
Unless the podcast has it as an ending song.. oh god the traffic might spike.. and embarrassment might set in..
sure unlisted first until idk.. a "reveal"?

There was a time about 3 years ago when I was considering giving up gaming.
The years directly prior to that were spent trying to figure out what was so damn awazing about AAA games.
I'd say AAA games stopped entertaining me right about at the start of this last gen.
Now I play more niche games instead and I enjoy my hobby a hell of a lot more. Give me more Souls and fightan games!

Well I think the others have the right to decide over me. My voice isn't in there, but just remember what youtubers are like.

I'll change it if people ask, I don't see it catching on, but if it comes down to it or people want to, I will.

I figure the Zaibatsu already mentions GAF a lot.

360pages

Check those expectations bro.

Watch it be only 40 people view it. I'm not listening to it, I don't want to hear any of your voices. I already know what you guys sound like...from my mind. I can't hear your real voices, I wouldn't be able to get them out of my head.

You guys talking about the realities of the Wii U are talking truth that I'm not prepared to accept yet.

This current gen will probably be my last console cycle gen. After this, no more of it.

I can't keep spending money on games I can barely afford and keep up with all of the stuff that comes out. This gen is my final one of being a gamer and afterwards I think I'm calling it quits.

I've been feeling this way for awhile now and seeing all of the cool looking stuff but not being as hype as I used to be, my optimism has diminished and became cynicism. I can't keep up with it and I'm prepared to jump into other interesting hobbies I've neglected.

I don't know what to say
I have felt my love for games dwindle as well and the last time I truly fell in love with a game was when I picked up Persona 3 for the first time. The industry is shit and a lot of the communities are absolutely toxic. It is a huge detriment to gaming as a whole but I live for the moments when you find something golden amongst the refuse.

Aside from music, Video Games are the only escape that I have. I work, I sleep, I play bass and I play video games. I don't have friends, I don't leave my house but video games have always been a thing I can take solace in.

I've sat here for over an hour now trying to think of a way to reply to you and I know there is no way to express myself properly. I'm not trying to change your mind or your opinions but there is still a lot of potential in this medium with indies on the rise, seeing things we have never seen before getting localized, and the rebirth of entire dead genres via the likes of Kickstarter.

I agree, save for a select few titles there isn't much that I am looking forward to but the start of a new generation is always rough and with this generation being the fastest selling of all time I know that we will get more gold, even if there is even more shit to dig through to find it. I can't give up on video games

EDIT: IT'S SO BADLY SYNCED. JESUS CHRIST.
Holy crap the syncing.. it hurrttss.. so bad.. also some people are waaayyy too loud.

I know, I know it's horrible. There's way too many people and that's with my fixing a ton of people's audio just to get it anywhere near synced. Lots of people had their audio desynced just on their own.

I and somebody else said it was shit, though. You knew what you were getting into.

Who the hell is singing in that horrible wonderful falsetto tone?

I know, I know it's horrible. There's way too many people and that's with my fixing a ton of people's audio just to get it anywhere near synced. Lots of people had their audio desynced just on their own.

I said it was shit, though. You knew what you were getting into.

I'm not blaming you, I'm blaming people's inability to follow the singer's speed. Git gud people.
Mine's probably out of sync too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom