• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

It stays pretty grounded for season 1, then season 2 they get money for animation and shit starts going.

I'm fighting Sigma and this is not fun. Like, every time I die, I not only have to fight both bosses up to the final boss again, I have to sit there refilling my subtanks? I do not like this version of challenge that makes me sit here doing the same not difficult thing repeatedly in order to make the difficult thing less difficult every single time.

Save states or git gud

360pages

Maybe I will due the entire Insect wings for the female lead. It feels more alien, plus I actually don't know how to make interesting fight scenes with gravity. (No, that's not the problem I can think of plenty of interesting scenes,) But would those scenes be interesting to read?

I could easily give the ability to another character.

Like I said I have 16 days to decide what I'm going to do and change.

Are you saying you're not a coward? Better than me then.

I hate using save states, because like, I'm not even actually beating the game if I use them. It's the same as using the super guide in Mario.

Maybe I will due the entire Insect wings for the female lead. It feels more alien, plus I actually don't know how to make interesting fight scenes with gravity. (No, that's not the problem I can think of plenty of interesting scenes,) But would those scenes be interesting to read?

I could easily give the ability to another character.

Like I said I have 16 days to decide what I'm going to do and change.

What is this about? I've been gone for a day.

360pages

I got an idea, these creature from another world came to the planet and had children with human's. These creatures, lets call them. Alters. The children these creatures create are called half-breeds, 70 years after this event the story takes place.

The story starts off with two half-breeds who parents were rich and leaves them in the mansion in the city. They managed to keep their abilities hidden to not cause trouble for themselves. How on the start of the new school year a half-breed girl joins his class. Due to certain circumstances he ends up reveling his ability to her and the two decide to try to track down the strange events that have been happening in the city recently that have been causing a wave of bad luck to go through the city.

The story can get dark and graphic, but that more due to the abilities rather then the ideas presented in it.

Alters are easier to tell, it usually comes down to eye color. Normal Human's don't have red or purple eye colors. Not that it matters too much in the context of this plot, since the sibling parents are away at the time. And the parents are rather good at keeping it a secret,

Just and outline, figuring out characters abilities and events that are written and what not.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
catcollage_9c3f481c-0793-4306-8312-df6d4e0d306f_large.png

So I'm getting this sweatshirt because its so good.

You think I'm joking but I'm not.

So, these creatures have been around for 70 years breeding, how many came, how many have had children and how known is their existence?

Also, the "Alter" thing is confusing to me and only a few other people in the world, because that's what the Stand users from s-CRY-ed are called.

So I'm getting this sweatshirt because its so good.

You think I'm joking but I'm not.

Nobody jokes about cat sweaters. I'd buy that.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I got an idea, these creature from another world came to the planet and had children with human's. These creatures, lets call them. Alters. The children these creatures create are called half-breeds, 70 years after this event the story takes place.

The story starts off with two half-breeds who parents were rich and leaves them in the mansion in the city. They managed to keep their abilities hidden to not cause trouble for themselves. How on the start of the new school year a half-breed girl joins his class. Due to certain circumstances he ends up reveling his ability to her and the two decide to try to track down the strange events that have been happening in the city recently that have been causing a wave of bad luck to go through the city.

The story can get dark and graphic, but that more due to the abilities rather then the ideas presented in it.

Alters are easier to tell, it usually comes down to eye color. Normal Human's don't have red or purple eye colors. Not that it matters too much in the context of this plot, since the sibling parents are away at the time. And the parents are rather good at keeping it a secret,

Just and outline, figuring out characters abilities and events that are written and what not.

So it's basically Wolf Children.

360pages

So, these creatures have been around for 70 years breeding, how many came, how many have had children and how known is their existence?

Also, the "Alter" thing is confusing to me and only a few other people in the world, because that's what the Stand users from s-CRY-ed are called.

Nobody jokes about cat sweaters. I'd buy that.

I might change the name of Alter's, but they are pretty much Aliens.

There existence is well known, though I might just cut out the middle man and just have people develop powers without the alien portion.

There existence is well known, though I might just cut out the middle man and just have people develop powers without the alien portion.

Like I said, s-CRY-ed isn't exactly the most popular thing in the world, so it's probably fine.

And if it's well known, why would them having powers cause trouble? Wouldn't it just be expected if their family is rich and known to be aliens?

360pages

Like I said, s-CRY-ed isn't exactly the most popular thing in the world, so it's probably fine.

And if it's well known, why would them having powers cause trouble? Wouldn't it just be expected if their family is rich and known to be aliens?

Less trouble and more of annoyance, the girl who transfers there doesn't hide the fact she's a half-breed at all. While the main character and sister does simply because it's simpler to live life that way.

demidar

If you're gonna keep the Alters concept, you'll have to nail down the general population's feelings towards their special powers. You'll also have to define the amount of "power" these special powers have (do they affect a single person? Can they affect a city? An entire country?). Depending on the scale of power, Alters would probably just be hunted down, because humans can't let that kind of power go unchecked.

360pages

But, why? If powers are commonplace, then I don't see how it would be any different to live with or without powers.

Mostly due to the area they live in not having a lot of Alters and Half-breeds around. Add to the fact that there is always a certain way that someone may look at you differently if they saw what they could do.

After all, the brother and sister are already rich. That in itself gather's a decent amount of attention.

If you're gonna keep the Alters concept, you'll have to nail down the general population's feelings towards their special powers. You'll also have to define the amount of "power" these special powers have (do they affect a single person? Can they affect a city? An entire country?). Depending on the scale of power, Alters would probably just be hunted down, because humans can't let that kind of power go unchecked.

Also keep in mind "hunted down" doesn't necessarily mean killed. I'd imagine any government would want to get their hands on individuals who have latent "powers" that might prove influencial in the world. Might have something to do with where the main characters' parents are too but I may be overstepping things there.

360pages

That's a good point, but the story's scale is actually really small. (Solving a few mysteries and weird events that happen in town) But at this point it's probably easier not to have aliens whatsoever and just say people got random ass powers.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Mostly due to the area they live in not having a lot of Alters and Half-breeds around. Add to the fact that there is always a certain way that someone may look at you differently if they saw what they could do.

After all, the brother and sister are already rich. That in itself gather's a decent amount of attention.

I want them to just do shenanigans with their powers in their ball room. Fucking with vases and such. And they better have some problems because they're rich. Like they think they are better than everyone else.

Alright, last question, how much incest will there be?

360pages

Non incest...damn it Aaron!

The main female lead joins the class and she's the love interest!

Actually one of their teachers is an Alter sent to investigate weird happenings and make sure other Alters or half-breeds don't get out of hand and keep the peace.

demidar

Also keep in mind "hunted down" doesn't necessarily mean killed. I'd imagine any government would want to get their hands on individuals who have latent "powers" that might prove influencial in the world. Might have something to do with where the main characters' parents are too but I may be overstepping things there.

That's fair enough. I see a lot of stories fall in to the trap of the importance creep where the story escalates towards saving the world/universe when it was already good enough at a local/neighbourhood/city scale.

For example Naruto. If it just stayed as a couple of juniour ninjas trying to make their way through the crazy ninja world it would've been great. Instead we got fucking Ninja Jesus and all the stupidity that entails.

360pages

Maybe I'll just set up a background organization that looks after Alter's and Half-breeds so nothing big happens. If it does they simply cover it up, so Humans, Alter's and Half-breed relations can continue to go smoothly.

Alters main difference is that they have paler skin and strange eye color.

To be fair it is a legitimate question.... and unfortunately (between GoT and every anime I've watched lately) it was the first question that popped into my head when the main character "and his sister" aspect came up...

Yeah, that one anime with the brother and sister at the magical highschool with incest is what came to mind.

360pages

Guys...Sisters aren't for that...

Anyway it's going to stay relatively town/ City based.

Maybe new events happen every summer or start of the school year that effects the main characters and they have to solve it.

360pages

Plus the Sister is more of a nag that wants the keep the family respectable and proper. She hates the fact that her brother goes out at night trying to solve mysteries and even patrols the main lobby of the mansion to make sure he doesn't leave and embarrassed the family since their parents are away for business.

She is the of stop having fun lass.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Plus the Sister is more of a nag that wants the keep the family respectable and proper. She hates the fact that her brother goes out at night trying to solve mysteries and even patrols the main lobby of the mansion to make sure he doesn't leave and embarrassed the family since their parents are away for business.

So shes Cerci Lannister/ the sister of that glasses guy from Kara no Kyoukai.

"It's our responsibility to keep the family respectable. I can't trust you to be with any woman other than me. Baka onii-saaaaaan!"

"Onii-san! Stop leaving me alone every night to go out and have adventures! It's lonely in this bed... Kyuuuuuu!"

There, I solved those issues.

croten

"It's our responsibility to keep the family respectable. I can't trust you to be with any woman other than me. Baka onii-saaaaaan!"

"Onii-san! Stop leaving me alone every night to go out and have adventures! It's lonely in this bed... Kyuuuuuu!"

"Onii-san we have to keep the bloodline pure."

360pages

Aaron why!

But you guys did put up some good points, I'll iron some of the problem out, by adding a background organization that keeps an eye on Alters and Half-breeds to keep relationship with normal human's stable.

It's never going to reach world saving heights though/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom