• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Alright, well I'm heading off for the night. I've got a big day of doing nothing in my classes tomorrow and I'd rather be awake for that.

But seriously, I gotta sleep. Gonna be filming and working on College Apps all day tomorrow.

Night/Morning Frienders, wherever you may live.

Night friender.

Maybe for the main cast I'll have it more stock and add upon it as it goes on.

I was thinking of having the girl being able to change or alter mass gravity and what not, make something heavier or lighter by touching it. Maybe down the line give her the ability to even change her center of gravity.

This is on the borderline of being hamatora or many of the super power mangas/anime i've read/seen. But it's fine. No idea is fully original.

Do what ever is interesting. That's what is most important for me.

Squishy3

Spoilers for New Challenger and Rising:

When they show Ippo hammering the logs into the riverbank, I think they removed the scene that was in the manga where Kamogawa is shown the logs Ippo hammered into the riverbank he reminisces about it and then when they show the Kamogawa flashback in the manga he's shown punching logs into the riverbank. Kinda disappointed they changed that one thing.

After finishing Kuroko's season 1, IPPO is next.

HYPEEEEE

c3TgdEM.jpg

360pages

Night friender.

This is on the borderline of being hamatora or many of the super power mangas/anime i've read/seen. But it's fine. No idea is fully original.

Do what ever is interesting. That's what is most important for me.

No, thinking about it, the gravity one sounds a hell of a lot better.

Spoilers for New Challenger and Rising:

When they show Ippo hammering the logs into the riverbank, I think they removed the scene that was in the manga where Kamogawa is shown the logs Ippo hammered into the riverbank he reminisces about it and then when they show the Kamogawa flashback in the manga he's shown punching logs into the riverbank. Kinda disappointed they changed that one thing.

Nope, I'm pretty sure they show that.
I remember there being a scene where we saw him punching the logs and the aftermath where he punched the logs all the way into the bank or whatever it was

Squishy3

Nope, I'm pretty sure they show that.
I remember there being a scene where we saw him punching the logs and the aftermath where he punched the logs all the way into the bank or whatever it was
Well, then they definitely removed the scene where Kamogawa reminisced about it in New Challenger.

Also, guys, let this fucking sink in.

There are 560 more chapters of Ippo left for them to adapt, as of the end of Rising.

Now that madhouse is done with Hunter x Hunter, I'm sure they're working hard on a new season of Ippo. I hope it comes out really soon I need my ippo fix badly.

Well, then they definitely removed the scene where Kamogawa reminisced about it in New Challenger.

Ippo Rising spoilers -
yeah that never happened in new challenger so you're right there.

Xiraiya

So another 127 episodes, LETS BRING IT ON.
That seems a REALLY low unless they cover 4 or 5 chapters per episode.

To put it into perspective, Naruto is going to be on chapter 695 This week, and right now there are a total of 601 Episodes for Naruto Part 1 and Shippuden
Ippo is on Chapter 1074 according to Mangastream, which is pretty much as up to date as you can get.

Zenfalcia

No, thinking about it, the gravity one sounds a hell of a lot better.

Sure. Sounds pretty good. Make sure you outline what the ability can or cannot do. Think about it now before you start using it in the story.

We can't wear the same costume to the Friender Holloween Gala Ball, one of us is going to have to change and it's not going to be me.
:p

It's fine. My ethnicity will set me apart. That or we pick different things to be nerds in. Like i'll be anime and you'll be video games.

360pages

To put it into perspective, Naruto is going to be on chapter 695 This week, and right now there are a total of 601 Episodes
Ippo is on Chapter 1074 according to Mangastream, which is pretty much as up to date as you can get.

Do be fair, Naruto Shippudien's pacing is shit, even compared to the original Naruto anime. Though Shuppudien's quality went down pretty far. (I'm not counting the four seasons of filler hell we went through)

To put it into perspective, Naruto is going to be on chapter 695 This week, and right now there are a total of 601 Episodes for Naruto Part 1 and Shippuden

Theres currently 127 episodes i believe in Ippo and with the manga being at 1074 and theres 560 left to adapt after rising that means that the anime did 127 episodes in 514ish chapters already.

Xiraiya

Do be fair, Naruto Shippudien's pacing is shit, even compared to the original Naruto anime. Though Shuppudien's quality went down pretty far. (I'm not counting the four seasons of filler hell we went through)

Still, removing about 150 episodes of filler, that's still a huge amount of episodes, most Shonen series will cover around 2 or so chapters per episode, give or take.

Theres currently 127 episodes i believe in Ippo and with the manga being at 1074 and theres 560 left to adapt after rising that means that the anime did 127 episodes in 514ish chapters already.
With that precedent, that assumption definitely makes sense

BigDes

Huntsman's are the only spiders I leave alone. They're mostly harmless and they eat other shit I don't want around.

Huntsman's always seemed to be where i wanted to be when I visited my aunt in Australia.

Like just fuck off out of the toilet dude I'm trying to poop

Okingjrr

I GIVE MY HEARING,
NOT FOR HONOUR
BUT FOR YOU
(best frienders~~)

IN MY EARS
THEY'LL BE NOTHING ELSE~~

DEAF~~
IT'S THE WAY I BOND WITH YOU~~

IT"S STILL IN MY EARS
BEST FRIENDERS!

IT'S STILL IN MY EARS
BEST FRIENDERS!

best frienders...
This is some good shit.
Would definitely listen to it.

Of course, but don't take these deaths out of context. Look into the living environments in areas of west africa where this disease thrives and why it thrives there. You'll see that you have little to worry about when it comes to ebola, even more so with proper hygiene.

After doing some lame Google research, you're right. I'm worrying myself sick. I'll try to keep my head out of all of that noise.

I don't like the jump the series took from kinda shonen to throwing in that pink haired girl and going all the way shonen.

It's in kind of a weird middle area for awhile, where they're full shonen but not crazy enough to warrant it, but shit starts kicking off and it evens out.

demidar

Don't forget to absorb a humanity/human effagy.

I don't like the jump the series took from kinda shonen to throwing in that pink haired girl and going all the way shonen.

I feel like the author kind of hit a wall with what he could do while still being grounded somewhat in reality, so he fully opened up the shounen box to continue to make things interesting.

It's in kind of a weird middle area for awhile, where they're full shonen but not crazy enough to warrant it, but shit starts kicking off and it evens out.

I feel like the author kind of hit a wall with what he could do while still being grounded somewhat in reality, so he fully opened up the shounen box to continue to make things interesting.

I'm prepared for something like a straight MJ in Space Jam dunk moment.

Do either of you know what that lemon snack dish is in ep 17?

I'm prepared for something like a straight MJ in Space Jam dunk moment.

Do either of you know what that lemon snack dish is in ep 17?

It doesn't go that crazy, there's power scaling and it goes places, but everything is explained to be "realistic" or at least anime realistic.

I don't even remember that, so no.

I dunno, it looked just like sliced lemons swimming in some kind of sauce or juice. Not much you can divine from that.

My curiosity led me to this:

http://recipesforweebs.tumblr.com/post/85279866260/so-as-a-cook-and-a-former-intense-athlete-i-have

A cooking blog for weebs...

If anyone cares, it's honey lemon slices.

It doesn't go that crazy, there's power scaling and it goes places, but everything is explained to be "realistic" or at least anime realistic.

I don't even remember that, so no.

So far the only few things that I've been skeptical about is the speed of the great players and why the 24 sec shot clock doesn't come into effect more often.

So far the only few things that I've been skeptical about is the speed of the great players and why the 24 sec shot clock doesn't come into effect more often.

It stays pretty grounded for season 1, then season 2 they get money for animation and shit starts going.

I'm fighting Sigma and this is not fun. Like, every time I die, I not only have to fight both bosses up to the final boss again, I have to sit there refilling my subtanks? I do not like this version of challenge that makes me sit here doing the same not difficult thing repeatedly in order to make the difficult thing less difficult every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom