• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 5: There's a Skeleton Inside Each of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimax

No stahp I'm not a creepy guy
I have a waifu avatar like the rest of you normal people.

thats true. if you didnt have a waifu avatar, i would be very concerned
lol
btw, your avatar keeps reminding me that i need to play silent hill. thing is the best i can do is the HD collection which is apparently shitty. i dont have access to a PS2 anymore </3

We started reading Onani Master Kurosawa
I don't know why he can't win, even Jesus knows Sagat is top tier
THAT PAGE FUCKING ROCKED
lol
btw, your avatar keeps reminding me that i need to play silent hill. thing is the best i can do is the HD collection which is apparently shitty. i dont have access to a PS2 anymore </3
I would actually say you're better off not playing it until you can, versus playing that HD Collection. There's also the PC ports of 2 and 3, though they're a bit rarer and more expensive than the PS2 counterparts.

I might be biased, but Silent Hill games are prudy good you guys.

Git gud at books
Or just drop it cause you don't like it. Obviously it's not worth it if you hate the way it's written.

Books are fucking garbage. They kill trees! You need trees to live! If only there was a way I could consume a book with my ears.

I don't hate how it's written. I just don't like how the text covers 50-75% of the screen. It's not like it's an extremely deep plot.

Zenfalcia

lol

Just legally buy it from an online site and play it without a ps2. How? Magic~

Books are fucking garbage. They kill trees! You need trees to live! If only there was a way I could consume a book with my ears.

I don't hate how it's written. I just don't like how the text covers 50-75% of the screen. It's not like it's an extremely deep plot.
You're really basically reading forum posts with a visual aid.

We should push for Audible to make a Molester Man audiobook. Get Morgan Freeman on the phone.
play it without a ps2.
I used my SH3 disc to try that. That doesn't work for SH3. The flashlight flips its shit.

SH2 could work, dunno.

Zenfalcia

We should push for Audible to make a Molester Man audiobook. Get Morgan Freeman on the phone.

But, i like it with the visual aids... How else will you get the scene where they
have sex and other great scenes such as the shower scene with the giant breasts girl

Or after the beauty that Ice Cube reads Dungeons and Dragons they could get him to do it. I want him in the most out of place things he can be in for his reaction alone

ultimax

I would actually say you're better off not playing it until you can, versus playing that HD Collection. There's also the PC ports of 2 and 3, though they're a bit rarer and more expensive than the PS2 counterparts.

I might be biased, but Silent Hill games are prudy good you guys.

Just legally buy it from an online site and play it without a ps2. How? Magic~

Unfortunately i own a macbook and not a PC lol. So there really isnt much i can do unless i play one of those bootleg unofficial ports that some random ass modder made. Guess i should just wait till i buy a new laptop.

Just buy the PC version. (That is the PC version as I recall, but they are super rare...so I don't know,)

Thats why I bought the PS2 version. I got it for a steal of $45. The PC version is worth around $500 because it was only released with Carnival Phantasum.

It would just be cheaper if I bought a japanese ps2

Yeah, they did. The breasty girl part wasn't too much of surprise, but I didn't expect them to have sex. Then again, they did go to her house, and they are fairly old.
Wasnt it the guy's first time too? It felt like it went way too far to be realistic sorta.
Unfortunately i own a macbook and not a PC lol. So there really isnt much i can do unless i play one of those bootleg unofficial ports that some random ass modder made. Guess i should just wait till i buy a new laptop.
Yeah. Just wait then, I suppose. Do buy the actual PC disc and not emulate the PS2 versions on your computer though. SH3 you can't use the flashlight without screwing up all of the lighting in the game.
(The flashlight is kinda important)

Zenfalcia

Or unless you find a second hand ps2 and a copy of SH2 or 3 for the ps2. It should be about.. $50 tops for all of those if you manage to find some deals.

Wasnt it the guy's first time too? It felt like it went way too far to be realistic sorta.

Yeah. Just wait then, I suppose. Do buy the actual PC disc and not emulate the PS2 versions on your computer though. SH3 you can't use the flashlight without screwing up all of the lighting in the game.

I played the HD collection.
That's the only version of the games I've played.

Such a dumb decision. I have no idea why they thought that was a good idea...

I believe that Type-Moon doesn't give a shit about Melty Blood anymore. They are the entire reason that it doesn't get rereleased as French Bread stated before that they don't own the rights. I am really excited for Under Night Inbirth from the real fighting game devs of Melty Blood.

edit:

Since Konami's decision on MGSV being on PC, I hope they rerelease the PC versions of SH2 and 3 on Steam

360pages

I believe that Type-Moon doesn't give a shit about Melty Blood anymore. They are the entire reason that it doesn't get rereleased as French Bread stated before that they don't own the rights. I am really excited for Under Night Inbirth from the real fighting game devs of Melty Blood.

edit:

Since Konami's decision on MGSV being on PC, I hope they rerelease the PC versions of SH2 and 3 on Steam

It looks interesting and Sion is a guest character.

They have to ride the Fate/Stay night Gravy train for now.

Alfebit

Banned
Finally catching up with today's videos. Seeing all the cool shit in the Woolie vs Japan videos makes me wish I had the money to travel.

Also that delicious looking food made me hungry. :(

Fuckin' loved 'em. Creepy as hell, MOSTLY perfectly tightly designed. My only problem was the level design in SH3. Fucking subway station.
The subway level is pretty shit. Fuck.

I had the right key, but for some reason my X mashing didn't activate the thing and agh, it was bad. SH3 has some really high peaks and it's share of valleys.

360pages

Okay, tomorrow at 9pm, I'm going to find out if I've been selected for story club, I swear I might get super salty if I don't. Though I should probably answer more questions then just review the story and what not.

As a whole, definitely, but I prefer elements and moments from SH3 for sure.
The merry-go-round and mirror room as so fucking awesome.

I'd say the mirror room beats the first encounter with pyramid head for pure sense of dread and "I don't understand what's happening to me." SH2 has much higher valleys, but you're right, the peaks are lower too. I also agree with Yahtzee that being tied to the cult stuff hurts it. I wish I could play SH3 having never played or heard about SH1, because I feel like not really understanding the whole Alessia story would be the best way to play that game for the weirdness and confusion it would add.

. I also agree with Yahtzee that being tied to the cult stuff hurts it. I wish I could play SH3 having never played or heard about SH1, because I feel like not really understanding the whole Alessia story would be the best way to play that game for the weirdness and confusion it would add.
I mostly agree. It's more how balls to the wall insane those last few moments are that bothers me. Silent Hill 2 is really the odd one out of the franchise, to not mention the freaky cult stuffs.

I played 3 before 1. It leaves you rather confused.
So what do you guys think the chances of a PT one-off is?
Matt and Woolie talked about having not yet played it, weeks ago, so they might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom